IVF at NUH--feedback pls

i think the ladies there are all under Dr S F Loh so their procedure is different from ours. It's ok lah. Normal for ladies to be concern about their own injections/medications. :D

SJX, not bad leh you can also post when u're working. guess ur work shld be quite relak also. :D that's one good thing. no stress while u're trying. faster go start leh than we can relate to each other. although u're under Prof Wong, we still can share experience etc. by e way, chr nurses will also give you a 'timetable' sheet to let u know when u'll be injecting with what kinda 'liquid' etc. basically it's the timeline for everything. if everything goes on well, i think within 2 mths u will b able to kw if it's successful or not. :D

Noscon if you can make it, most likely both of you will be on e same cycle? can give each other moral support as well.

lee,sjx

i made an appt with pc wong next week.... Hope everything will go well

yeah we can all support one another here and share with each other....
happy.gif

hi le..

yup my job here ok one... my boss also very understanding but of course when busy better be busy and finish the task...

ya they did... and it so confusing wahaha but they are very nice, say will explain again..

that y i wish i can conceive in march to get dragon baby sigh... like quite hard...

sjx

I think you have until may for a dragon baby so still got some time to go....lets ganbatte

Do you have to wait long to see doc pc wong? like when you reached his clinic, is the q long?

Is IVF process very time consuming? need to take a lot of leave?

SJX, Noscon, i'm taking one step at a time, since all of us are also working, one more common point i guess. :D concentrate on positive thinking, hmm... dun think i'll try tcm first although i see alot of sisters at other forums doing that. will update you gals the result after i finish my 2 weeks of suprefact. my next appt at nuh is 7th feb for blood test, if all ok than i think i'm going to start Gonal F as well. Will update you ladies again. March seems quite fast leh bcos the dr need to assess how your body react to the injections etc so hope we can all have positive results by than and hopefully no etopic or watever negative results... shoo shoo all away... :D

Hi Shi Jia, I am also coming for 4th Feb talk. Your injections staring from CD21? My last visit with Prof Wong, he advised me to start injections from CD2. I Have to undergo HSG before that. Hope we can get dragon babies....Keep up the faith

noscon, talk about ivf. you can register if you're interested, the nurses at chr also told me but i didn't register. hehe. lazy to go and partly also fearful of knowing too much. there will be question and answer session but if you're asking the charges, it's better to ask e chr nurses during your counselling session.

Hi dollyrac, yes HSG is to see if any block fallopian tube. Prof Wong wants to clear all any other possibilities of infertility. HD has a very low sperm count at my side so IVF will be the resort.

Hi Noscon, 4th feb Prof Wong & team will give a pre ivf talk in which they will make us understand the procedure etc. there will be Q & A session as well.

siddhi, me is bcos my hubby is zero sperm motility. haha. think his sperm too lazy to swim. after those pre-ivf tests than discover i have double uterus which may be a problem when planting my embryos but that will be at a later stage so now i'll juz concentrate on my jabs first. most pre-ivf tests are actually quite standardised.

siddhi

How can I sign up for the talk?

lee
how rare is this double uterus condition? It's the first time i heard of this...

hi lee,
shooo shoo!!!!

hi siddhi,
so fast??!!!!!!!!!
i dont know when my injection yet, but based on the paper it said will start CD21 so i assume i will be.. and hope i can start asap...
seriously dont wish to wait

Hi Noscon,
there is a talk about iVF next sat, it free for all NUH patient, just call to register.

dollyrac, haha...my hubby swimmers are also very lazy. Its a very common problem these days. lol. Only HSG is left for me to start IVF. Waiting for my Aunt Flow and keeping my fingers crossed. Your double uterus problem came out from which test?

noscon, you try calling chr nurses to register: 6774 5336. i also heard about it myself only. normal uterus is shape like a grape but mine is 2 grapes join together, at first i still thought, good lor, can have twins, one on each side but after Prof Wong tell me liao than realise it's actually not a good thing. sigh. abit shock and scared initally but now feel better becos cme to terms with it.i also have double vagina, meaning have '2 holes' to put it crudely so i was alittle taken aback. luckily dun have 4 ovaries! otherwise i surely faint liao. hehe...

SJX, hehe.

noscon, yeah just call and register

Shi Jia, no lah not so fast wait for another 1 month. Waiting for aunt flow, has to undergo HSG, if I clear it then will start injections from next menses. which will be around 28th Feb. So we will be more or less at the same time. Praying hard both of us that we succed in first cycle and come out with super dragons. It sounds like project to me now...haha

Hi Siddhi
what injection u need to take? and why do u need to go HSG?
then will u be doing ICSI or IVf?

Hi lee
i not sure ur double womb is the same as me or not... as i also but the term use isbicornuate uterus which Doc said it may cause the embryos hard to implant
how serious is yours?

Hi Noscon

just go to 4th Floor, the IVF centrer to register else can give them a call.. i let u know tonight when i home for the number to call

lee, sjx, siddhi

thanks a lot for the talk information. guess hubby n i should go and listen.... cos i know nuts about ivf....

lee
wow...u sure are special....
happy.gif
I think doc will pay special attention to you cos of your unique situation which may be a good thing...
happy.gif

siddhi actually first scan can see liao but 3D scan is for the drs to see better how they can implant my embryo at a later stage. they say muz 'plan for a path for my future embryo' hehe. when dr anu poke poke to see the so called 'path' i think she experience difficulties so i can only pray hard lor. it's like playing games like that, muz pass first stage than go to second stage than so on and so forth. and i hate to play games lor bcos often i always can't even go through e first stage. haha. hope it'll be different for ivf.

SJX, i suppose they also call it as double womb, but the term isbicornuate uterus Prof Wong didn't tell me. I suppose it's bcos i gave e prof a blank look when he told me the challenges i'll have for having a double uterus, he even pass e tissue box and ask me if i'm ok or not. hehe. i was juz too shock lor. lolx. think i'll ask again if given a chance. i tink if our condition is similar, they will give you a '3D scan' as well instead of a normal scan. wah now that u tell me liao than i beta dun hold my hopes too high liao.
sad.gif
it's ok lah. good thing i knw nw. go bck muz tell my hubby n also punch him also to vent my frustration. haha.

Shi Jia, they will start from Gonal F from day 2. HSG to just rule out all other possibilities of infertility. I will go for ICSI as hubby sperms are less & slow. What I understand is they do only ICSI now.

dollyrac, u scare me now...lol...everything is so complicated. But have faith in god.

noscon, you say i'm special makes me feel so happy leh. lolx but special in a wrong way. hope dr anu will kw how to implant my fertislised embryo back or any other drs whose handling this case. since sjx may also be in the same condition as me, makes us both special than. now i think i beta pass the stage to ensure my follicles and my hubby sperm can fertilise the egg first or else end of the day, they tell me all my follicles is immature than i can go n eat shit oredi.:p

SORRY LEE!!!
i dont meant to pull ur spirit down!!

Maybe ur condition is diff from me so please dont get affected by me.. really!!!!

if u see my blog right, i did some reading about the womb shape.. properly u can go to the link i found to read up your case????

SO SORRY!!!!

sjx, dun worry lah. now i juz take tings as it comes. :D dun worry lah. now i'm like, 'oh, so my condition is pretty bad ah. ok lor.
happy.gif
' beta to smile than to cry rite. :D fated one lah. at least nxt time we can tell ourselves we did try liao mah. so no regrets. :D

sorry lee... really... properly u are better than mine
happy.gif

stay positive ok

we all will conceive by the power from the NUH staffs!
let give them some fate, and trust them

Dollyrac, we are indeed special coz God wants us to remember him. He wants attention from us. So he gave us this problem and we always speak to him ;) Keep the faith.

Shi Jia, egg take & transfer will happen between day 10 to Day 15. What plan of action did Prof gave u.

Siddhi

your seem so fast than me haaa thought we be cycle buddies haaa...

i dont know my yet, will only know next week as appt is next Friday... praying hard... nothing goes wrong and start immediately...

Shi Jia, I think mine will not start before March, and for you it will start from day 21 which will be somewhere around Feb 15? correct me if I am wrong. the only difference will be your injections will start from Day 21 & mine from Day 2. So i have to wait for my second cycle of menses as I will undergo HSG in my first cycle. you will undergo ICSI or iVF?

Sjx

Who knows i may see u next fri cos seeing pc wong then too

Ladies
gg hm now hv a gd wkend...chat again soon
happy.gif

Hey ladies my condition is known as didelphys, double uterus, crevices n vagina. Sigh. It nvr rains but it pours. Anyway nvm.
An update of all my pre-ivf tests n costs nw:
Consultation $98 + chlamydia trachomatis (PCR qualitative) $55, after subsidy I paid $57.50
Contrast agent $32.50 + urograghy, intravenous (Ivu) $120, after subsidy I paid 103.10
3D scan $189.35, no subsidy so I paid full
Amenorrhea $100 + anti-mullerian hormone $32 + fertility infectious screen $112 + rubella igh $27, after subsidy I paid $135
Surgical procedure $300, after subsidy I paid $180
Thalassemia screen: electro, H- $70, after subsidy I paid $56
Repeat consult 2 $100, after subsidy I paid $30

My hubby
Conventional semen analysis $55 no subsidy so paid full
Fertility infectious screen $112, after subsidy I paid $89.60

There maybe some prescriptions on vitamins n supplements etc which I didn't include but juz tens of dollars only depending on individuals I guess. Hope this summary will let everyone have a clearer picture.
happy.gif

Chr nurses will tell u rough cost of ivf around $12k, I opted for medisave and govt grant so cash we juz need to cough up $3k plus.

Guess nt many ladies are around on wkends. And sjx dun worry, I'm ok.
happy.gif
gd for u to let me kw as well Tat's y prof Wong told me about premature babies for my case. As what siddhi says, have faith.

Hi Girls, good morning. Finally my AF reported last night
sad.gif
. So the bad news is I failed my IUI and good news is I can start my ICSI soon. I am going for my HSG on 6th of Feb. If I clear that my ICSI can start from next cycle day 2. So keeping 28th Feb as my earliest date to start IVF. Meanwhile HD decided me to take for a holiday in mid feb so that I can relax for few days before this rigorous process. Happy a nice weekend ahead. And Keep faith in God.

hi lee
those without subsidy already cheaper than mine...
over all subsidy is really very worth..

how long did you wait to get your appointment for the subsidy?

Hi Siddhi
don't worry don't be disappointed, ur icsi will sure succeed

Sjx, waited 2weeks, not very long. But bad ting is cannt choose dr. If I'm able to conceive through ivf than will switch to private rate n choose my gynae but nw still early to say. Pass my ivf than say lah.

2 weeks not long, I waited a month just to see prof Wong... Sigh I should have gone through polyclinic.

Anyway, ya let's hope our pre IVF test pass and got succeed in IVF.

Hi SJX, IVF talk is on 4th Feb (saturday) from 2.00pm to 5.00 pm. Level 6, Main Building, O & G Seminar Room. Let me know if you require any other information.

Hi siddhi,

thanks, by the way wanna ask you girls.
For the second appointment, collection of the result do my hubby need to go? as he will be overseas this week so i not sure is it a need for him to go?

Hi SJX, for collection of report I dont think hubby needs to go. But i personally will prefer taking him as in case of any discussion with Prof & future course of action I think its better to be with him.

SJX, I think der is some confusion. I have to undergo HSG before starting injections. I have booked 6th Feb for my HSG test. If I clear it then only i will start with my injection from Day 2 of my menses.

lee: hi I also have septate uterus (didephys uterus) very rare condition accdg to prof. I had my 1st fresh ivf last year with prof wong and now rested for 6mos. planning to embark on my next ivf by march or april. when is your ivf? are u with prof wong?

hey stargirl (goodgrl78ph),

For me, I have bicornuate uterus... but i do suspect i may have septate uterus as i did a laparoscopy surgery before for my ectopic pregnancy my gynae told me my womb surface is flat so i think i may have septate uterus.

did Prof say anything about your condition... mind sharing?

Actually my 1st failed IVF everything was perfect like the number of embryo and the quality, he suspected that the failed ivf might be because of the septate uterus altho he did mention that he has patients with same condition but succeed in their ivf. He said miscarriage and premature births very likely if we conceive so need extra care during pregnancy. My previous diagnosis in my country is bicornuate uterus or 2 uterus condition. But when I went to NUH, prof said I have septate uterus ( 2 uterus, 2 cervices, 1 vagina). what is your condition? I might probably try another IVF by march or april.

Also, for those with repeated miscarriage or IVF failures (unexplained) you might try to consult an IMMUNOLOGIST. I am consulting one now and I have undergone, LAT, ANA ,APAS test and found out that I have low lymphocytes so I am undergoing Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy now for 3 sessions.

Hi stargirl (goodgrl78ph),

ok i just pray i be the succeed one..

For going through immunologist , is it referred by Prof Wong?

Back