IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Saw prof for first scan. He din say much, just said right 4 follicles, left 3 with one small cyst. Very good.

I was like ??? o_O
that's it? Never measure???
Asked him about lining and he said don't worry... Alamak!

tub-U are there this morning?
I'm also there like 0835hrs, not much paitients.
Sharon saw me & I was asked to go in already.
Normally 1st scan, he would not tell U the size yet, as is still too small size.
But quite good No for 1st scan.
Prof actually offer me hormone pills to induce the menses, but I told him that I would wait.
So to see him again in 4 weeks time 9/1 & if have menses then do pap smear on that day.
If don't have then would be given pills.
Jamp-U be going Dr Zuo place tonight? I might be going if my friend did not call for last minute dinner.

Blue, u were there? I was also there at 835 but went to take blood test first. I was in a grey dress.

Blue, are u trying Tcm to induce your menses? What about those malay massages? As far as possible, let it come naturally. Relax relax... Should arrive soon.

Yap I taking Dr Zuo med to try & induce.
Hoping will come naturally.
But I also quite forgetful to take her med, like this morning, forgot to bring the med to work.
I was thinking, maybe can just take 2 pkts one shot in the evening, then easier.
Maybe I will ask her.....................

Hi soulasylum,
referring to your post on Dec 09, sorry for late reply LOL
well decided to give up the new job... my hubby and friends told me i need to know what i want.. and my age is catching up
so i guess... IVF is my prority...

i wish i be like you, but i am worry as I ever lost my baby at 14 weeks so i will listen whatever advise is given to me

Hi coolcool,
i called , but the HR told me it is a regular event and told me to go after my consulation...

Hi soulasylum
as what u said, ICSI is to select the best sperm... but it still let it fertilse and insert the fertilse egg in?

I am wondering , what stand the highest chances, IVF or ICSI ?

Hi Ladies,
I am thinking, should I continue on with my TCM when I am going for iVF?
will there be any crash?

Blue, just called dr Zou for advice whether to do accupuncture as my menses flow not heavy, saw some blood clots this morning, she said dun do accupuncture but get some med from her.
I'm glad prof didnt offer me mense-induce med during my 6th week followup, enough hormones during ivf liao.
Wait patiently, think of me every time you're frustrated - mine arrived only on the 9th week!
happy.gif

About dr Zou med, what I did is I'll pack the week's morning supply into my bag to take in the office, so I wouldnt forget. You can try that too. Remember to take 2hrs apart from the usual western vitamins!

Gooooooooood morning ladies!!!
happy.gif
Wow, the threads have been buzzing even though it's Monday! Awesome!
happy.gif

@Jamp: I humbly accept the compliments then, thank you
happy.gif
. And you missed a spot, right under your sofa ;p. Haha!

@Shi: Hi Shi
happy.gif
. No worries about the late reply
happy.gif
. Glad to know that you've set your priorities straight
happy.gif
. Good decision by the way
happy.gif
. I am really sorry for your loss. But please, do not let that fear of loss cloud your judgment and the path that you need to take. Stay positive Shi, things that happened which we consider "bad", aren't necessarily so all the time
happy.gif
. Just do your best, listen to your doctor, and the moral support given by your loved ones. You'll be okay
happy.gif

As for ICSI, each egg that will be retrieved from your ovaries will be injected with a single sperm for fertilization. And yes, the sperm selected will be deemed the best by your embryologist. The healthiest, the most motile, and the most handsome looking, hahaha!
happy.gif
The fertilized eggs, also known as zygote, will be left in the incubator for their cells to divide and multiply. Usually, 2 of the fertilized eggs will be transferred back into your uterus (assuming that you'll be taking up the Government Grant) on Day 3-5 after egg retrieval (Day 0). In some cases, this process will produce more than 2 fertilized eggs. You will be given options on what to do with them by the CHR nurses during your IVF briefing. I believe with this explanation, you would agree with me that ICSI stands the highest chance if used together with IVF.
happy.gif

During my cycle, I was strongly advised by Prof Wong and his team to not consume any traditional medicines. I believe the reason being, as Jamp had mentioned before, the unknown ingredients in those medicines. They might not work well with the IVF medications you'll be taking.

Jamp- that means u be going there just to take med only lor.
I still waiting for my friend's call.......
I thought prof will do beta hcg test for me, but he never mention & I didn't ask also.

Chr just called to say my hormone level is a tad low at 178. So up gonal f to 375 from 225. Anyone with similar experience? Kindda worried...

ICSI will have higher chance.
Because for IVF, they will just put the egg in the plate full of the sperm, but the sperm still need to break through the egg on it's own.
But for ICSI, the best sperm is practically inserted into the egg.

Vi, thanks... Do u know what we can take to up the level? I remember having to take duphaston to support my first pregnancy too. Perhaps I just hv v low hormonal level? X.X

Hm... I only took up to 375. Just pain in the pocket loh. haha.. because due to that my whole program ended up to $11K plus.

Duphaston i think was given to everyone. I also took that plus the support jab till week 12.

Blue, yep, me going to collect med only, actually a litte reluctant to go, sooo far for me
sad.gif

prof ordered beta hcg for me cos my reading was still 400+ when I went for post op review. Also, I told you they suspected ectopic as my hcg level kept rising despite blighted ovum. Dun do better, save $$ ;P hahahaha

Did he scan you?

hey gals

had very bad experience with KKH and considering doing ivf at NUH - can anyone help with detailing the schedule/appointments etc? is the waiting time the same as KKH?

we did 3 fresh cycles & 5 FETs at KKH and still have 9 snowbabies there, anyone knows the tsf procedure from KKH to NUH? or is it better to start a new fresh cycle?

jamp-U mean when he scan he will see a sac with HB in me, haha.
Dr Zuo was telling me yesterday that, she has a pt from KKH that after D&C after IVF, her menses came & then the next one was delayed like 40 days, she check urine test but was -ve.
So she felt funny at 55 days, she check was +ve. Went to see Dr Loh & saw sac.
After yesterday accupunture, I was very tire & this morning, start to have fresh blood stain again, but have those backache, slight pain at right side on & off.
Praying hard that full flow will come by tonight or tomorrow.
Babymaking-yr nick sound familiar.
Maybe U want to call NUH, CHR (IVF centre) to check out the transfer procedure. Tel-67745336
If not the other way is to call for appointment & see the Dr that U wish to be seen by, then discuss what to do from there.
Like to do FET or fresh.
But since U still have 9 embbies, why wants to start fresh again?

Blue, hahaha, no lah, like what dr zou told me, he would be able to tell us whether the lining is going to collapse i.e. menses going to flow. And the gynaes I saw when doing IUI seemed to be able to give such advise.

Hello ladies how are you??
I wonder how is Rainy since she never post in this thread again. Does the IUI work for her?
@ soul : what ar ur simptoms during ur 2ww that feel you ar pregnant?

@Nia: Hi Nia
happy.gif
. Let's see now... I had cramps, increase in appetite, bloatedness... Basically, the same symptoms I always have prior to my menses. It was really hard to tell. So, I used HPTs (home pregnancy tests) to find out instead. I got my first BFP using Clearblue Digital on Day 12
happy.gif
(although I was told not to by the CHR nurses as the result could be inaccurate :p). How far along are you in your 2 week wait now?

bnb
yes, i was at the main ivf thread since 2004, did several iui, 3 fresh ivf cycles, and 5 fets, 2 miscarriages and a ectopic, sucessfully delivered #1 in 2009, just delivered to a premmie at 26 weeks in mid nov but our dear gal left us a week later after suffering at kkh nicu for a week.

kkh holds some bad memories with us and we are considering nuh for our next ivf/fet cycle.

considering fresh ivf cycle as we never had any success with frozen cycles. wondering at NUH, how much the procedures and cost differ from kkh. anyone can share the details?

Hi babymaking,

sorry to hear your story.
Just wanna ask for the ectopic pregnancy, did you remove any tube?

As I had 2 ectopic on the left and my tube is still intact with me...
my doc advised me dont take the risk of natural TTC so advised me to go IVF. Just thinking the chances for me to get ectopic by IVF is how high

Babymaking,
From what I know it is because the type of stimulation medicine used is different between KKH and NUH, that's why NUH is more expensive.
But I heard that now KKH is also using GonalF.

Sorry to read about your story, but your never give up spirit is an inspiration.

Hi babymaking, this is my experience for fresh cycle and charges involved.
For fresh cycle,
1) started Suprefect injection on day 19 of menses. Continued for about 14 days and did blood test (LH and E2) and V-scan (baseline scan) when the menses came.
2) Started gonal-f injection after I got the green light for stimulation stage and continued for 2 weeks (morning Suprefect, evening gonal-f). During which scans were done for about 4 times. When my follicles are ready, asked me to inject HCG jab and scheduled for ER.
3) ER was done in day surgery ward and usually in the morning. After that I rested there and Dr came and checked around 4-5 PM. When I was fit for discharge, I was given milo and biscuits. After that I went home. Next day the embryologist called and informed me about how many eggs retrieved, how many matured and how many fertilized and what grades. Next day she called me again and informed about my embryos grade and confirmed the ET date.
4) ET is usually done on day 3 (for me ER (1st June) and ET (4th June)). ET is also done in day surgery ward. After the ET procedure, I lied down for 2 hrs and can go home.
5) One visit to NUH before pregnancy test (Dr pressed my abdomen, asked if I bloated). I think they check for OHSS.
6) 14 days after ET, I went for blood test. If you are BFP, you go back to clinic for support injection (twice a week).
For my fresh cycle, it costs 10k (starts from suprefect injection to pregancy test, including embryo freezing $535 and insurance $291).
Prof does the scan himself and makes the decision. All other procedures are done by CHR nurses.

Dear Babymaking, sorry to hear about your lost. My precious boy passed on suddenly in kkh icu last year, didnt like the way they handled him. Till this day, we still wonder besides those obvious negligence before he went into icu, did what the icu drs do further aggrevated his condition? The sight of my boy in icu is still so fresh in my mind.
There is this couple we met at the cemetery recently, whose infant son passed on in kkh due to SIDS. The little baby was diagnosed as brain dead in Oct last year, parents did not give up, mum stayed in icu for 3 months with him, hoping for the little one to wake up. During those 3 months, they were disturbed time and again by the drs to turn off the life support but they refused. They were wondering whether this has anything to do with shortage of bed in the icu at that time???!!!
sad.gif

Take heart, u'll conceive and deliver again soon
happy.gif

Soul - Hi Soul, its already been 10 days since my IUI. But seems I'm having my menses symptom already, but who knows maybe I got BFP rite? Hehehe.... But I read the story here all who has been done IUI mostly failed. I know IUI also have lower success rate.

And babymaking, so sorry to hear about your story....
But never give up ok....

Babymaking- hugz.
U are a trong woman.
Jia you
Nia- like u say, who knows
Bfp, bfp.
Jamp- I will update later of the night abt my auntie status

Hi Ladies
I need help from sisters who failed ivf, i fail my ivf last month and mense was due today, since yesterday i keep having on and off slight tummy pain, have water and white discharge these 2 days, is this normal?
Thank you

Hi Ladies

How long do your mense report after ivf failed, mine due 2 days, havent report, keeps having tummy pain, water and white discharge

shijiaxin
tube not removed but was told to do ivf instead as chances of ectopic re-occurring was like 30% if via iui/so iui

vi4n
i am not sure of the different meds used, i know kkh uses gonal f in certain cases only and not across the board.

cool
thks for the detailed process - just to cfm, i let's say we go to prof wong, he will be the one who will do all the scans as well as the ER and ET? will he do a practice run for the ET?

also in case during the process of ivf & successful pregnancy, if in case need to go NUH A&E, will he be called to attend the case or is it left to which ever gynae on call?

jamp jamp
sorry to hear of yr loss, we complaint to KKH abt the management of care and are still waiting for their reply, so far, it has been disappointing as they keep delaying the resolution meeting or whatever reason.

anyways to move forward, it's probably better than we consider another hospital for next cycle as each visit back to kkh is heart breaking.

Hi ladies, I had my 2nd scan after stim. Still 7 follicles. 9mm today. My 9th day of gonal f today. Prof added one more med to jab in the morning. Have to mix the powder and liquid to enhance egg quality. Forgot about the name though... Quite painful to jab.

Are the numbers and measurement ok? Din seem to increase in numbers since first scan.

Sorry vi, as in what did prof say? He said good. Let u know your blood test report later. I'm just wondering how many follicles u gals had during the second scan?

Tub,
Yes, as long prof has no concern should be fine.

I personally don't remember all my details. I just go with the flow. =)

Babymaking, prof does all scans, ER n ET, unless he's on leave. He takes care of all successful cases till 1st tri only. All these will be explained to u on yr 1st visit.
Is yr 'practice run' kind of 'trial run'? Dun think Nuh has that.
The qn abt A&E would hv to be ans by other sisters.

Yes, I agree tat u hv to change hosp, easier for u n hubby to cope and move on. I can understand how u feel.

We hv several email exchanges & 1meeting with them abt my precious boy. Their answers were not satisfactory. We need a closure to it, therefore hv to seek other ways.
Write to their CEO if they dun response. But remember to take one thing at a time, dun stress yrself up. U need to take good care of yr body now to start ttc again. God bless you & yr family.

Tub, I agree w Vi, dun worry too much abt no. jux follow whatever instruction given. This, I learnt from my 1st fresh. If it's no good, prof will alert u. I dun hv many follies too during my 1st cycle. In end 3 fertilized, out of which 2 made it for transfer, the 3rd didn't make it.

Jamp and vi, thank u so much. Such a control freak I am... Sigh... My husband said the same thing as u gals. Ok... Go with the flow I shall haha...

Babymaking, sorry to hear about your loss.
It's not easy for you to cope, hope things will look
Better now as moved out from than hospital.
My friend used to have a bad experience over there too.
She gave birth to a stillborn and the hospital seems not taking things properly after that. Was quite insensitive towards my friend and her husband too.
So when my friend got pregnant again, she went it another hospital to give birth,

Tub, don't stress yourself up. Not good for follicle growth.

Have a nice weekend ladies.

tub, when is your next scan? I guess with the newly added medicine, they will improve. Meanwhile, you can up egg white and protein intakes as the others suggested?

Cool, next scan is on Monday. Told me to reach Nuh at 745!!! Toink! How to do it? I live in yishun!

I will up my protein intake! Thanks!

Back