IVF at NUH--feedback pls

bnb
thks for advice

noi,
thks for sharing your experience, i think will have to check with prof again on what's their latest policy.

but anyone knows what's the on call gynae's experience and is it possible to get a urgent scan at NUH A&E?

at kkh, the 24 hr O&G clinic is often staffed by inexperienced gynaes (or at least those not familar with IVF procedures/pregnancies and they dun dare to call SF Loh/the senior doctors, everything is wait till 8am the next day, even for emergency cases)

Hihi need your advise here. During et, we'll hv to keep our bladder full right like iui? Can we get up to pee right after the et or do we hv to lie down for 2 hours then can pee?

Also, how many days is the hopitalisation leave? How many days after et will our bt be? Thanks! Hv to inform my boss Liao... Dunno when can start work.

tub, yeah. You need to have full bladder. I think 1/2 full also can. You can't get up after ET. You need to lie down for 2 hrs. But you can pee with bedpan. That's what I did.
happy.gif

You will get HL of about 19 days start from ER day to pregnancy test. Pregnancy test is 2 weeks after ET.

hey ladies!

i was reading the IVF group support thread, they said ensure milk helps in implantation... is it true? which milk is that?

Jia xin, i think they r referring to selenium in the milk, which u can get from selenium supplement fr gnc and even brazil nuts.
happy.gif

Yes jia xin, u can take now. Hubby can take too, to improve sperm quality. I'm also taking b12, folic, vit e, calcium, zinc.

I've no appetite lately... Sigh and so sleepy too.

Hi tub,

what that is a lot, me now is b12, folic, DHA and vit C only...

then i going to see TCM, i am seeing chinatown Dr Tan
but i feel like changing... any recommendation?

Cool, still 9 follicles, still 6 big ones but grown. Ranging From 16-17.5mm I think... seeing prof again tomorrow. Do u gals see him so often?

tub, mine is not so often as you. About 4 times (excluding baseline scan) in total during stim stage. May be Prof wants to monitor the growth closely.

Hello ladies, thanks for all the encouragement.
@ tub : You mention about SOIUI, do you know prof will do that? Or I have to switch dr instead?
happy.gif

Jia xin, heard dr tan siew buoy is good. My Tcm is dr liu yan jun from Beijing tong ran tang. The clinic is at the institute of mental health.

tub, how's your scan? When is your ER?

Ladies, I am monitoring my ovulation using cheap test strips. Now day 22 already. No ovulation yet.
sad.gif
It seems like I can't go for natural FET. Have to take longer protocol.
sad.gif

Hi ladies, anyone here heard of LIT or LAT (lymphocyte immunization therapy)? I heard in some ivf centers in Taiwan they required these tests for repeated ivf failures or miscarriages?

Hi thanks gals! Trigger was yesterday and will remember to fast tonight. But now I'm still feeling so quesy...

hi there, bk from er. 10 follicles but only 5 eggs.
sad.gif

Any idea when the embryologist will call? Sigh... So few... Dunno how...

hi tub, you reached home already? Fast. How are you now? Retrieved 5 eggs is not bad. You only need one or two fertilized eggs for ET and to be pregnant. So don't depress. For me embryologist called 2 days. One day after ER and the next day.
All the best. Rest well.

Thanks cool. Hoping for the best now. What to do...?

Actually all along I know not many eggs. Cos only 9 follicles during scanning. Wonder why prof din up the dosage some more. Maybe I'll ask him next time.

I hv good numbers for amh and fsh... Maybe I'm just a poor responder.
sad.gif
life is so unpredictable...

I hv v bad news. Only 1 egg is fertilized. I know it takes only one but what is the probability of it surviving till tomorrow and then successfully implanting?

Thank u all for your support. I think my ttc journey ends here. I will just focus on my daughter.

Tub, do not give up.
True you only need one to succeed.
For mine last year, only 2 fertilised out of 5.
One was good and the other was average. I will say tecnically, only one i could hope for. I bfp with that odds.
So, anything can happen
happy.gif

Hi ladies, its been a while since i last log in here. I wish you all the best in your TTC.
Tub - what Suyana said is true, only 1 egg is enough to make you pregnant. I too only have 2 fertilised out of 5 and 1 made it through the pregnancy.

Just to update, im now at my 25th week but last week, on Sunday, I had a major bleed and need 2 blood transfusions. I was diagnosed as having low posterior placenta previa. Lost almost a litre of blood. Anyway I was discharged 4 days later since bleeding stopped and here I am at home, on full bedrest till delivery.

Andreannie, take care k.
So it means your placenta is low?
Glad that now things are getting better. Do rest as much as possible.

Hi everyone, thank you for the well wishes.
I am on modified bed rest, walk ard the house a bit, sit for half hr, rest on bed for an hour, walk ard the house a bit etc etc.
My mum is at home most times so that's a relieve. But now since its end of the year, my hub and my dad are home too.

Andreanie- try to bed rest as much as possible.
Best is to tahan till baby is at least 30 weeks & above or as long as possible till full term.

Thank you everyone, ya im am looking forward to turn 30 weeks at least and then looking forward to turn 36 weeks and then hopefully to be able to look forward to 38 weeks.

I still have loads to shop for baby, especially his car seat. Not sure when can this bedrest be lifted up so that I can go and buy his carseat and bath tub at the nearest mothercare. Other stuff are quite ready, his clothes etc. I guess when I give birth then I'll get the diapers and toiletries. Thank god for Cold Storage online and NTUC online!

Andreanie-I might be wrong, but I think U have to bed rest till U carry yr bundle of joy.
It all depends how bad yr previa is.
I do not wnat to scare U, but U might need to discuss this with Dr Chew further, even with yr birth plan.
Maybe U can do the shopping online & ask family to buy for U.
Is very previous baby. So tahan hor.

Andreanie, yah, Blue is rite, precious baby...no worries, u can get hubby to go mothercare and watsapp you pics of the car seat and bath tub, think their design quite std, so u need not go there if you've decided to buy from them
happy.gif

Blue, cos nowadays many pple send me pics via watsapp, that day hubby wants to help me buy something, tried so hard to describe to me on phone, I told him to watsapp me, hahahaha

jamp-is a happy food.
I felt that everything should be in moderation.
So just eat 1 or 2 pcs loh, to make yrself happy, but must know how to stop.
Think is the caffeine in chocs is it?
Don't bother.
Most impt thing is be happy.

Yes, Blue, it's the caffeine. It's hard to resist esp at this time of the year, chocolates everywhere!!! For me, I can eat and eat and eat none stop once I start, worse when I'm stress up or sleepy lor :p

The gynae who did iui for me b4 I saw prof told me that the egg/s that is/are going to be matured this month is actually produced 3 months ago. And that diet is very important, should keep away from sweet stuff which will affect quality of eggs. But I find that I just can't keep awsy from chocs esp these few weeks!!!
sad.gif

jamp, Blue - yah i am buying the carseat and bathtub from Mothercare. Hub have passed me the full catalogue and all I have to do is to call them and have them delivered. So that's going to save us a lot of time!
happy.gif

I will be going to NUH tmr for my checkup, will take that as a breather for the week.

Andreannie, true tahan for the next 13wks.

When I was abt 32wks pg, I had contraction pain. Was quite bad. Luckily the medication given help me and I manage to keep baby in till 40wks.

Bath tub I recommend you not to buy from mothercare. It's real ex for just a tub. I saw it was all almost 100bucks. Settle for something cheaper at Bhg. It's abt 20odd.

Car seat, you can try from kaki bukit hyper store. It's a bit cheaper than at other plc.

I'm starting work tomorrow
sad.gif

Su, cheer up, understand how u feel. I still remember the day b4 i went bk to work aft my miserabe 2 mths maternity leave, i was feeling so down, cldnt bear to part w newborn. My hubby downloaded a cd full of baby's pics for me to bring to my office
happy.gif

Anyway, dun think u need to work full day b4 sch reopens rite? Also, more ph coming up, so, dun be sad!!!

Back