IVF April 2018

I am having slight headache, hot flush and always finding myself so thirsty. Still 10 more days. I hope it's not symptoms of af...
I have headaches too but doubt its AF for you..still way too early. I'm jittery..my calendar is giving me prompts AF in 2 days lol though I believe it wont be accurate anymore due to all the meds in us

Dear Cesca, pls do not feel sad. I too had a few small ones at my 1st scan aft only 4 days of stim. My Dr wanted to ER on 13th because one of them was really large at 17mm. By the 13th, afew others grew and total 3 retrieved. So have faith that by your ER others may grow too *hugz*

Don't worry abt the ER. The most painful one for me was when they prick your top hand for that drip/aneastheisa meds inlet. When you are in..it looks daunting with the bright lights and sooo many people lol. Perhaps, another incomfy moment is when they last scan u b4 the procedure coz u are so bloated and crampy. Then when they say good night n the anaesthesia kicks in...I was out in 10 seconds. Woke up fine just drowsy but nothing else. When is yours?

ET was not painful but was just uncomfortable as we have to have a full bladder. I had to pee 2x while waiting for my dr haha luckily I filled back up in no time. It was a very fast procedure. The getting ready was slow coz need to confirm on the embryos n some pep talk.

Good Luck Cesca!

My ET done on thursday 26th apr. They extracted 1 eggs. At that point they didnt even inform me which eggs they collect. the nurse dont know anything. So we thought that this must be from the biggest follicle. We are instructed to come another 2 days which is today 28th Apr for ET. They just said come today to see if have any embryo or not.
So when we come today, the nurse explaining about the ET process, medication for crinone gel etc. I feel the workflow in KK is damn terrible and doesnt really put much attention to each individual. After a while nurse go to the lab to check on the embryo status just to find theres nothing to transfer. Haizz why explain all the procedure if we dont even have none to transfer. Then Dr. Sadhana come and talk with us.. she said that very unfortunate that my eggs the 2 major ones has ovulated before the egg pick up! WTH!
so the 1 they pick up is actually the smaller 3rd eggs.

I had my trigger shot done on 24th nite. 25th i come to do blood test. why they didnt scan on tat day to check if i had ovulate or not. or even before the OPU?? if we knew the 2 major eggs is gone why i should even go through the OPU process. they could have explain to us better. Another thing during OPU, they kept me waiting there on the operation table for almost half hour. I dunno if its miscommunication or wat, they saying doctor go to the other room first for ET while she suppose to do OPU first. who would have know if she come 30 min earlier, my eggs still not ovulated yet?

Sorry just to rant off my emotion here. I have no more tears only dissapointment in how theres such minimal control from KK and so much loop hole. If im going to redo this treatment I will go to other private hospital instead hoping to get more personalized service and more care and control.

My ET done on thursday 26th apr. They extracted 1 eggs. At that point they didnt even inform me which eggs they collect. the nurse dont know anything. So we thought that this must be from the biggest follicle. We are instructed to come another 2 days which is today 28th Apr for ET. They just said come today to see if have any embryo or not.
So when we come today, the nurse explaining about the ET process, medication for crinone gel etc. I feel the workflow in KK is damn terrible and doesnt really put much attention to each individual. After a while nurse go to the lab to check on the embryo status just to find theres nothing to transfer. Haizz why explain all the procedure if we dont even have none to transfer. Then Dr. Sadhana come and talk with us.. she said that very unfortunate that my eggs the 2 major ones has ovulated before the egg pick up! WTH!
so the 1 they pick up is actually the smaller 3rd eggs.

I had my trigger shot done on 24th nite. 25th i come to do blood test. why they didnt scan on tat day to check if i had ovulate or not. or even before the OPU?? if we knew the 2 major eggs is gone why i should even go through the OPU process. they could have explain to us better. Another thing during OPU, they kept me waiting there on the operation table for almost half hour. I dunno if its miscommunication or wat, they saying doctor go to the other room first for ET while she suppose to do OPU first. who would have know if she come 30 min earlier, my eggs still not ovulated yet?

Sorry just to rant off my emotion here. I have no more tears only dissapointment in how theres such minimal control from KK and so much loop hole. If im going to redo this treatment I will go to other private hospital instead hoping to get more personalized service and more care and control.
Dear Cesca, truly sorry to hear your bad experience. She was the one who did my OPU too and we were about to start, the anaethist was ready to mke me sleep then she asked have u scanned her to make sure the eggs are still there? The rest said no then she proceeded to scan me then only we begin. Some protocols are not in place and I suggest you write it down on their feedback. *hugs* luv, I cannot imagine the frustration I would feel if I was in your place aft all the jabs and the effort to come dwn today.

Edited to say that yes they do not normally indulge us in the results. We asked aft the OPU none tell us the grade or etc of the eggs too

Sorry to hear abt that Cesca..
My 1st and 2nd ivf with kkh in 2013.. had bad experiences with them.. so i understand.

Hi Janbebe! Do stay around :) so u are already in your 2WW? My blood test will be 2nd May. OmGaaahhhh!!! I didnt do any restrictions on food...and still hv my daily coffee in the morning I pray for the best for us girls! Jiayou everyone!!
Hi Butteredsoup.. i just had my ET yesterday 29th Apr.. happy and nervous!! Haha did fet.. so feels more relax without the injections!!

Dear Cesca, truly sorry to hear your bad experience. She was the one who did my OPU too and we were about to start, the anaethist was ready to mke me sleep then she asked have u scanned her to make sure the eggs are still there? The rest said no then she proceeded to scan me then only we begin. Some protocols are not in place and I suggest you write it down on their feedback. *hugs* luv, I cannot imagine the frustration I would feel if I was in your place aft all the jabs and the effort to come dwn today.

Edited to say that yes they do not normally indulge us in the results. We asked aft the OPU none tell us the grade or etc of the eggs too

Thanks for sharing dear. they sedate me first before they scan me . Anyway what is over is over.. now i need to find best option for next round ivf.

Sorry to hear abt that Cesca..
My 1st and 2nd ivf with kkh in 2013.. had bad experiences with them.. so i understand.
Hi Janbebe yeah i wasted my 3 weeks out of work for nothing. they cant even time the procedure correctly. So where do u go for this 3rd round ivf? i wish u all the best in tww :)

Hi Janbebe yeah i wasted my 3 weeks out of work for nothing. they cant even time the procedure correctly. So where do u go for this 3rd round ivf? i wish u all the best in tww :)
I stop after that.. tot of going natural.. and wasted 3 yrs.. then found out that i have a bacterial since 2013 (tested in kkh.. but not inform nor treated..) and that bacterial makes it difficult to implant..
Found out in 2016 and given proper treatment.. and within 4 month i gotten pregnant naturally! But sad to say it is ectopic pregnancy.. the bacterial has cause some mucus and shifted my ovary thus bend my fallopian tubes a bit..
So back to ivf for last try before throw white flag!

Hi @Butteredsoup how are you coping? When is your bt again? One more week to my BT. Right now, except for a few nights of having weird dreams, I am feeling perfectly okay. No more headaches, no bloatedness, everything as normal as it can be. No sign is good sign? How I wish I I have some pregnant sign like nauseousness, sore breast etc.. Not letting my guard down though, the last time I tahan till the last 5 days and my af came.. So still quite worried at the moment.

Hi all I’m new to this thread I’m currently on my 2ww ivf at kkh on the 10dpt I had some pink dots with had a cramp on my left lower abdomen the whole day on 13dpt and some brown discharge and I went O&G the doctor did a vaginal scan and say she didn’t see it’s bleeding inside but ovary is expanding and ask me to come back for blood test. Today is 14dpt3dt and had a lot of brown discharge and hpt is negative... feeling so depressed and shattered... anyone with positive beta or similiar suituation to advise? Thank you

Hi @Butteredsoup how are you coping? When is your bt again? One more week to my BT. Right now, except for a few nights of having weird dreams, I am feeling perfectly okay. No more headaches, no bloatedness, everything as normal as it can be. No sign is good sign? How I wish I I have some pregnant sign like nauseousness, sore breast etc.. Not letting my guard down though, the last time I tahan till the last 5 days and my af came.. So still quite worried at the moment.
Hi Elia.. I just started my 2ww.. i have no symptom yet.. just keeping my feet warm.. any other advice??

Hi Elia.. I just started my 2ww.. i have no symptom yet.. just keeping my feet warm.. any other advice??
hi there! i'm new here and just over my 2ww. got a positive beta today and i'm over the moon!

i didnt have symptoms early on too.. only felt twinges around my abdomen area and those went away in 2-3 days. i started cramping and spotting 8dp5dt and thought that was it. i continued to feel that way till my beta (which was today) with back aches, sore boobs... the works! it really feels like AF was about to come any moment.

it'll be a tough 2ww.. i totally feel you!!! but try to keep yourself distracted (easier said than done haha), make plans with your family and friends and it'll definitely get easier. and get lots of rest!!!

Hi everyone :)
It’s my first ivf cycle and i’m feeling nervous but positive at the same time.
Hubs and I have been ttc naturally for the last 8 years. Decided to try ivf as we’re not getting any younger

Had my ET done just this morning. It was like a rollercoaster of emotions. Felt happy at first cos out of the 5 eggs extracted, 2 of them managed to reach the early blastocyst stage (hubs and i were like err..what’s an early blastocyst? Panicky hubs thought Dr Sadhana meant blastoise, the pokemon -.-).

Then felt a bit down cos between the 2 blastocysts, they decided it was best to transfer the more developed one and they’d freeze the other one. I was trying so hard not to cry during the ET and trying to be grateful that they even managed to transfer one in the first place. I guess I was a bit disappointed that our chances now rely on only 1 embryo and not 2.

Trying to keep a positive mindset for now and hoping and praying for the best. Any recommendations on what kinds of food/supplements that i should be eating/taking at this stage is greatly appreciated. Hugs and baby dust to everyone~

hi there! i'm new here and just over my 2ww. got a positive beta today and i'm over the moon!

i didnt have symptoms early on too.. only felt twinges around my abdomen area and those went away in 2-3 days. i started cramping and spotting 8dp5dt and thought that was it. i continued to feel that way till my beta (which was today) with back aches, sore boobs... the works! it really feels like AF was about to come any moment.

it'll be a tough 2ww.. i totally feel you!!! but try to keep yourself distracted (easier said than done haha), make plans with your family and friends and it'll definitely get easier. and get lots of rest!!!
Congrats Isabella, I didnt have much symptoms.. so hard to relax.. today is only 2dp6dt.. haha faint.. still have 10 more days! My boobs not sore at all..

Hi everyone :)
It’s my first ivf cycle and i’m feeling nervous but positive at the same time.
Hubs and I have been ttc naturally for the last 8 years. Decided to try ivf as we’re not getting any younger

Had my ET done just this morning. It was like a rollercoaster of emotions. Felt happy at first cos out of the 5 eggs extracted, 2 of them managed to reach the early blastocyst stage (hubs and i were like err..what’s an early blastocyst? Panicky hubs thought Dr Sadhana meant blastoise, the pokemon -.-).

Then felt a bit down cos between the 2 blastocysts, they decided it was best to transfer the more developed one and they’d freeze the other one. I was trying so hard not to cry during the ET and trying to be grateful that they even managed to transfer one in the first place. I guess I was a bit disappointed that our chances now rely on only 1 embryo and not 2.

Trying to keep a positive mindset for now and hoping and praying for the best. Any recommendations on what kinds of food/supplements that i should be eating/taking at this stage is greatly appreciated. Hugs and baby dust to everyone~
Hi doubletwelve.. you just transfer too?? Maybe we can encourage each other?? I just transfer on 29th Apr..
1 hatch blastocyst and 1 blastocyst..

wow thanks for the informative thread ladies/men! I am going for my OPU on thursday morning. Doing trigger shot tonight/tuesday. Really hoping I do not ovulate before the pick up!!

I really do feel like a cow that KKH is trying to impregnate! One room to another room, random nurses and doctors giving information at different counters. Its rather impersonal. I had a friend who had success with IVF w Dr Sadhana. So picked KKH and Dr Sadhana for my first attempt at IVF.

How many rounds of IUI or IVF have you guys tried already?

Do say hi if anyone is there for OPU on Thursday morning at KKH! Good luck everyone.

Hi SRV, yes the HL starts from ER date as your ET will just be in a couple of days away. Some people may still feel weak after the ER. I didn't go back to work because I wanted to stay away from the stress and take it easy. Not sure about the rest. At least I knw I did my part if it doesn't work out...
THanks for your reply! I thought the HL is only after ET. :)

Congrats Isabella, I didnt have much symptoms.. so hard to relax.. today is only 2dp6dt.. haha faint.. still have 10 more days! My boobs not sore at all..

Thanks janbebe! Yeah I know... the 2 weeks can be agonizing!!! Don't overthink the symptoms.. it may not be a bad thing! My symptoms didn't set in till much later (which made me think it was AF on its way lol). Just try to to enjoy this pregnant until proven otherwise phase hahaha

Hi janbebe, I didnt really keep my feet warm. Haha. But I have been taking 2 eggewhite everyday with spinach and cherry tomatoes. I cut on coffee totally for the moment. Drank a lot of water. Need to take more protein and fibre. Hope that helps.

Hi janbebe, I didnt really keep my feet warm. Haha. But I have been taking 2 eggewhite everyday with spinach and cherry tomatoes. I cut on coffee totally for the moment. Drank a lot of water. Need to take more protein and fibre. Hope that helps.
Thanks Elia!!

First of all @isabella314 heartiest congratulations to you! ❤

To the few of you who have asked about me...sorry, too many too quote into individual reply, thank you for asking:

My BT was today 2 May, I had too high hopes and was feeling positive as I had no bleeding, normal cramps at 6dpt5dt till today 14dpt though mine didnt reach blastocyst, they inserted 2 that timr. I was devastated when the call came at 9am and said I was negative. I bawled myself over...tho I did not blame myself of all the 'maybes' like I went out, stopped coffee later, I just dont know what went wrong and I thought I was doing ok...my faith believes that what's mine will be mine in time and it's only my first try...so trying very hard to be positive about this.

Do keep your good news coming in and keep this thread alive though we may have reached May now...maybe I will find strength to try again from you gals. I dunno. My appt is given at June 11...not sure do I stay with Sandhana/ KKH or...

To the few of you who have asked about me...sorry, too many too quote into individual reply, thank you for asking:

My BT was today 2 May, I had too high hopes and was feeling positive as I had no bleeding, normal cramps at 6dpt5dt till today 14dpt though mine didnt reach blastocyst, they inserted 2 that timr. I was devastated when the call came at 9am and said I was negative. I bawled myself over...tho I did not blame myself of all the 'maybes' like I went out, stopped coffee later, I just dont know what went wrong and I thought I was doing ok...my faith believes that what's mine will be mine in time and it's only my first try...so trying very hard to be positive about this.

Do keep your good news coming in and keep this thread alive though we may have reached May now...maybe I will find strength to try again from you gals. I dunno. My appt is given at June 11...not sure do I stay with Sandhana/ KKH or...
Hugzzz @Butteredsoup I know how it feel. My previous two ivf cycles were all negative as well. I am trying to keep my fingers crossed for this round. There is absolutely nothing much we could have done right or correct. Just not meant to be so don't think so much. Everytime I failed, I plan for a good trip, rest and come back to try again. Keep ur spirit high.

First of all @isabella314 heartiest congratulations to you!

Sorry to hear that!! Rest well and come back stronger!!

I think mine failed again. Saw red just now during the insert and it doesn't seem like spotting. Sigh. :(

Hi, my doc told me even if there is heavy bleeding must still get tested as you may be pregnant. he said with IVF it's different. hope u will have good news!

It’s possible. My doc checked the inside just before ET because I told him I had spotting. He said it could be due to my inside being sensitive or had some abrasion during crinone gel insertion. I continued spotting after ET but my BT came back positive yesterday.
Congrats! Must be looking forward to the first dating scan with the little one. Take care! :)

It’s possible. My doc checked the inside just before ET because I told him I had spotting. He said it could be due to my inside being sensitive or had some abrasion during crinone gel insertion. I continued spotting after ET but my BT came back positive yesterday.
Congrats!!

Hugzzz @Butteredsoup I know how it feel. My previous two ivf cycles were all negative as well. I am trying to keep my fingers crossed for this round. There is absolutely nothing much we could have done right or correct. Just not meant to be so don't think so much. Everytime I failed, I plan for a good trip, rest and come back to try again. Keep ur spirit high.
Thank u @elia1023. Rest well and hope your spottings are just implant spots! rest well and all the best my dear ❤! I am on a short trip and gg home today n back to work on Monday.

Hi doubletwelve.. you just transfer too?? Maybe we can encourage each other?? I just transfer on 29th Apr..
1 hatch blastocyst and 1 blastocyst..

Wahh yours managed to become a hatched blastocyst? That’s great! Hopefully things will go smoothly for both of us janbebe! Happy thoughts and baby dust to us

Thank you Buttersoup!

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I really hope you find the strength to try again and have faith that it'll happen soon for you. Hugs!

I think mine failed again. Saw red just now during the insert and it doesn't seem like spotting. Sigh. :(
Don't lost faith! I, too, had some 'spotting' with my inserts. A little TMI but the disgusting bits of crinone + my discharge were pink and I experienced this before AND after my BT. It came in a variation of colours - pink, orange.. and even grey :confused:.

It also felt very dejecting at that point in time but lo and behold, a positive test came through. I hope that your spotting is due to the inserts and/or implantation! And looking forward to hear on your BT results. When are you testing?

Hi ladies,
Even if there is heavy bleeding, not just spotting, there is hope. Must do Blood test to confirm pregnancy.

For spotting best to contact your clinic, they may need to adjust your hormone dosage too.

Best wishes to all !
Don't stress :) and don't lie in bed whole day..
trying to tell myself ... lol

Hi ladies who has positive result from ivf,

Will you all feel any symptoms like Breast tender, nauseous, vomiting before blood test if your results is positive? During 2ww how are you all feeling? As per normal or Andy discomfort?

Just wondering because I’m not sure if I’m feeling right. Haha

Baby dust to all!

Hi ladies who has positive result from ivf,

Will you all feel any symptoms like Breast tender, nauseous, vomiting before blood test if your results is positive? During 2ww how are you all feeling? As per normal or Andy discomfort?

Just wondering because I’m not sure if I’m feeling right. Haha

Baby dust to all!

Hi pinkpony! My breasts only started to feel tender nearing BT, lower back very sore. Zero nausea or vomiting for me. Feel slightly tired but It just felt like my menses was coming but I felt pretty normal, Like my regular self! I didn’t feel any discomfort at all.

I think all women are different so don’t worry if you don’t feel what others feel. I was worried that it might not happen for me cos I read that women experience cramps right after ET but I only felt cramps a few days before my BT.

When’s your BT???

Hi pinkpony! My breasts only started to feel tender nearing BT, lower back very sore. Zero nausea or vomiting for me. Feel slightly tired but It just felt like my menses was coming but I felt pretty normal, Like my regular self! I didn’t feel any discomfort at all.

I think all women are different so don’t worry if you don’t feel what others feel. I was worried that it might not happen for me cos I read that women experience cramps right after ET but I only felt cramps a few days before my BT.

When’s your BT???

Thanks Isabella! My ET was on 3rd May and Till today I feel like normal, no feeling at all as if the blastocyst wasn’t even inside me. Haha my blood test is on 17 May. Feeling really nervous and couldn’t wait for the day to arrive! Haha

Btw did you wait for the blastocyst to hatch and then put in or doctor just said it’s an grade A blastocyst?

And most of all Congrats to you!

Thanks Isabella! My ET was on 3rd May and Till today I feel like normal, no feeling at all as if the blastocyst wasn’t even inside me. Haha my blood test is on 17 May. Feeling really nervous and couldn’t wait for the day to arrive! Haha

Btw did you wait for the blastocyst to hatch and then put in or doctor just said it’s an grade A blastocyst?

And most of all Congrats to you!

Yeah that’s what I felt too! I felt completely normal. Even up till now, I feel like my normal PMS-y self and have to keep reminding myself that I’m carrying a little one.

Assisted hatching was done on the embryo to improve implantation chances for me :)

Thank you!! Baby dust to you and keep us posted on your results!

Congrats isabella!!
Need positive vibes from you all..
I poas (tested on test stick) got a faint line on 9dp6dt and 10dp6dt (today).. beta is tomorrow (11dp6dt).. super scare..

Back