IVF 2019 support group

Anyone started injections only on 3rd day of AF? My AF started today with light flow. Nurse ask me to call back when heavy flow then injections will be next day of the heavy flow.
Worried that it will start too late since I have low egg reserve :|
This is a journey that you need to trust your doctor. Good luck to you!

Anyone started injections only on 3rd day of AF? My AF started today with light flow. Nurse ask me to call back when heavy flow then injections will be next day of the heavy flow.

Yes i started injection on 3rd day, which is today. i also have low egg reserve. But it really depends on doctor's treatment and decision, have faith and baby dust to you! =)

It's normal. Light flow they dont considered as first day.

Hmm. I got my light flow in the afternoon for my recent cycle and called the clinic. They only asked if it was spotting. Mine was obvious flow but not heavy. Then next day I started my blood work and meds. Day 2 was super heavy flow.

Different instructions by different people I guess

Mine was on 3rd day with Dr Roland Chieng. He said anyway between day 2 to 4. Dr Tan JS from ivf bridge told me day 2 to 5. So I feel day 3 is good.

i was quite upset that i only have 2 embryo fertilized and only 1 embryo freezed successfully; so i went on to googled how to improve embryo quality, and found out that this supplement Glutathione might help, so i just want to share this here. I have consulted my doctor though, she said it's ok to add this supplement.

More information from this link below:
https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/blog/how-supplements-can-improve-egg-quality-fertility

Have a great weekend! =)

i was quite upset that i only have 2 embryo fertilized and only 1 embryo freezed successfully; so i went on to googled how to improve embryo quality, and found out that this supplement Glutathione might help, so i just want to share this here. I have consulted my doctor though, she said it's ok to add this supplement.

https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/blog/how-supplements-can-improve-egg-quality-fertility

Have a great weekend! =)
I wonder if can mix tcm with these supplement.

Have a great weekend! =)

Hi, can i check how many mg is your Glutathione and how many tab u taking per day?

Hi All, my first IVF attempt will be this month...can i check which day is the retrieval done? Given I start meds/ jabs from day 2, approximately which day do they perform retrieval...

For ivf, they will give you to self inject a drug that prevents your eggs from releasing (correct me if I'm wrong). So they can control and wait till your foliciles grow to the right size within that limited time frame.

Can it be as early as day 10/11?

This is given it grows properly..previous IUI and normal medicated cycles, I ovulated between day 10-13 over 5 cycles...
I had my injection till day 16 (10 nov) ...then day 16 (10 nov) night i took the trigger shot....36 hrs later (12 Nov morning) i did ER..

Icic. Did not know ER that it can be done so late at day 18. Husband already took leave around day 13 to 16. Hope mine will not be so late. Hard for husband to take leave... :(

Can it be as early as day 10/11?

This is given it grows properly..previous IUI and normal medicated cycles, I ovulated between day 10-13 over 5 cycles...
Im currently on my day4 jab.. Day8 will do scan n review on the follicles growth by doc b4 deciding to continue injections for how long n increase/decrease dosage then back to review again

My protocol

Day 2to4 - Orgalutran
(Day 5 - Scan)
Day 5 - Orgalutran + Elonva
Day 9to12 - Orgalutran
(Day 12 - Scan)
Day 13 - Orgalutran + Pregynl 10000
Day 15 - ER

Everyone’s different. Posting it here in case u r keen to compare.

My protocol

Day 2to4 - Orgalutran
(Day 5 - Scan)
Day 5 - Orgalutran + Elonva
Day 9to12 - Orgalutran
(Day 12 - Scan)
Day 13 - Orgalutran + Pregynl 10000
Day 15 - ER

Everyone’s different. Posting it here in case u r keen to compare.
Was yr side effects fr orgalutran bad? I started with menopur tdy.. Side effects quite bad

I din feel anything at all. My whole entire ivf journey, only nasty thing is fatigue.

I was very strict with the timing I took my injections. Took them at the same timing everytime with slight deviation of 5 min cos I had difficulties getting the air bubbles out. Hahah!

Went for my day 2 check up and cant proceed with IVF this cycle :'(
Doctor said large cyst formed from last month's clomid and gonal F...

Anyone experienced this and how long did you have to wait before starting an IVF?

Today, 9dp5dt, 3 days before I’m due for my beta, I have pinkish discharge and cramps. Have not felt much for the last few days.

Feels like pre-menstrual symptoms. :( What does this mean?

According to my calendar, if I’m not on medication, today would have been the first day of my period. My period is like clockwork. Always punctual.

Feeling very unwell now.

Today, 9dp5dt, 3 days before I’m due for my beta, I have pinkish discharge and cramps. Have not felt much for the last few days.

Feels like pre-menstrual symptoms. :( What does this mean?

According to my calendar, if I’m not on medication, today would have been the first day of my period. My period is like clockwork. Always punctual.

Feeling very unwell now.
Is it possible to check with your doc or nurse tmr? Hugs..

The nurses already briefed me previously and told me that in the event this occur, continue medication till I go back for beta. So unlikely they will say anything different even if I call tomorrow.

The nurses already briefed me previously and told me that in the event this occur, continue medication till I go back for beta. So unlikely they will say anything different even if I call tomorrow.
Hang on there, hope everything goes well! Baby dust to u!

I din feel anything at all. My whole entire ivf journey, only nasty thing is fatigue.

I was very strict with the timing I took my injections. Took them at the same timing everytime with slight deviation of 5 min cos I had difficulties getting the air bubbles out. Hahah!
Thats so gd.. I feeling lethargic n waking up few times in the night...

Could b gd news. Be patient.. All will b well

Went for my day 2 check up and cant proceed with IVF this cycle :'(
Doctor said large cyst formed from last month's clomid and gonal F...

Anyone experienced this and how long did you have to wait before starting an IVF?

Did not experience this myself but I did take a month’s off after my failed iui. The clomid was messing me up too much. I was so devastated and tired after that.

Thats so gd.. I feeling lethargic n waking up few times in the night...

I should clarify that by not feeling much, I meant when compared to my iui cycle on clomid. But just after the trigger shot, there were some cramps and sharp pain plus spotting, almost like as though some of the follicles burst and released an egg before day of ER. :(

Of cos, after ER, there’s also some slight discomfort. There was a period of time at the start of ET where I was unable to sleep due to some cramping and sore boobs. But nothing major compared to the stupid hot flushes from clomid.

A lot of details now. Hopefully useful. But ya, when on orgalutran, I felt nothing.

Did not experience this myself but I did take a month’s off after my failed iui. The clomid was messing me up too much. I was so devastated and tired after that.
Ooh.. i somehow didnt have much cramps or anything...just that we tried slightly longer dosage of gonal F and durig ovulation, i actually felt like there were effect of hcg despite not having any trigger shots...and i did think i had ovulation pain on one side though i didnt check this month using any ovulation kit..my doctor was on leave and so we left it as it is...ends up with cysts...meaning i didnt even ovulate

Ok. It’s no more pinkish or brown discharge. It’s fresh red now. Ladies, I’m probably out for this cycle. Beta is on Monday but I’m not hopeful at all. Just want to get a confirmation from the doctor to stop my meds and let AF come for good.

The cramping is killing me.

Ok. It’s no more pinkish or brown discharge. It’s fresh red now. Ladies, I’m probably out for this cycle. Beta is on Monday but I’m not hopeful at all. Just want to get a confirmation from the doctor to stop my meds and let AF come for good.

The cramping is killing me.
Was this a fresh transfer?

Hello everyone,

We started on our IVF journey from June this year. First IVF cycle at KKH with Dr Sadhana started in late Oct.. I have low ovarian reserve, removed a polyp in Sept, partial blockage of both fallopian tubes.

Out of 9 follicles, only 7 eggs were extracted on egg retrieval day (Thurs). Out of these, only 4 were matured and thru ICSI, were inseminated with my husband's sperm.

The next day (Fri), clinic called to say none of the eggs were fertilised. However, one of the remaining eggs started maturing so we came down to give another fresh sample. We knew that eggs which mature late are of sub par quality but they were striving to save this cycle.

Sat, Dr called to say that last egg failed to be fertilised. Reason was all the eggs of this cycle were of poor quality. She also said there is no sure proven way to improve egg quality as egg quality remains largely dependent on age (I'm 37 yo) and ovarian reserves. However, she assured that each cycle is different and so we should try again in Jan 2020. This is to give my ovaries a break and a chance to heal from the numerous injections and egg retrieval surgery.

We are utterly disappointed.

Hello everyone,

We started on our IVF journey from June this year. First IVF cycle at KKH with Dr Sadhana started in late Oct.. I have low ovarian reserve, removed a polyp in Sept, partial blockage of both fallopian tubes.

Out of 9 follicles, only 7 eggs were extracted on egg retrieval day (Thurs). Out of these, only 4 were matured and thru ICSI, were inseminated with my husband's sperm.

The next day (Fri), clinic called to say none of the eggs were fertilised. However, one of the remaining eggs started maturing so we came down to give another fresh sample. We knew that eggs which mature late are of sub par quality but they were striving to save this cycle.

Sat, Dr called to say that last egg failed to be fertilised. Reason was all the eggs of this cycle were of poor quality. She also said there is no sure proven way to improve egg quality as egg quality remains largely dependent on age (I'm 37 yo) and ovarian reserves. However, she assured that each cycle is different and so we should try again in Jan 2020. This is to give my ovaries a break and a chance to heal from the numerous injections and egg retrieval surgery.

I also have low ovarian reserve. They scanned only 9 foliciles and only 2 growing well inside me so far. I'm 35. Really hoping my other eggs will grow to the correct size too.

Dont be too disappointed. I know surely will be disappointed but it's just not the time yet. If you are still ok to try again, be positive and try. And when it's time, you future baby will come. Rest and recuperate well, eat healthy, drink more water, to try to achieve better egg quality. Be strong :)

Hello everyone,

hi, I’m 40yo and have low ovarian reserve too, each cycle is different, my first ER have 2, where I didn’t go through the full injection cycle. second which is in process now all growing too slowly despite having full injection to stimulate, going back to see doc again today for further instructions. Some advise from my doc for eggs to grow; eat healthy, must have enough and good quality sleep, drink lots of water and supplements.

I know it’s difficult but you have to relaxed and don’t feel stress about this, cos stress is bad and can’t help anything.

have faith and don’t give up! Baby dust to us!

Good morning ladies ❤

Thank you @Winter99 and @Vonnieyn for sharing your experiences and kind words.

You know, when I started on this journey, I assume all IVF doctors will sit you down and offer advices on how to prepare your body for IVF, when to start preparing, which supplements to take etc. After my 5 months with KKH, I realised that my friends who had attentive and supportive doctors were those who went to private clinics. I guess this is what we get for going to a subsidised public hospital. I learnt more about everything through support groups like these and the internet. We simply cannot afford paying so much. The co funding really helps us out.

With partially blocked tubes, and poor egg quality, we have little hope of conceiving naturally but we will try.

Baby dust to all ❤

The current doctors in KKH and KKIVF never once mentioned when to start preparing your body, how and what supplements to look out for. This article has a good graph explaining when the follicles grow..

Hello everyone,

Patpat.. Recuperate n nourish ur body well to prep for next Jan ya.. Do smth u like meantime or go for a short getaway to relax.. All the best..

hi, I’m 40yo and have low ovarian reserve too, each cycle is different, my first ER have 2, where I didn’t go through the full injection cycle. second which is in process now all growing too slowly despite having full injection to stimulate, going back to see doc again today for further instructions. Some advise from my doc for eggs to grow; eat healthy, must have enough and good quality sleep, drink lots of water and supplements.

I know it’s difficult but you have to relaxed and don’t feel stress about this, cos stress is bad and can’t help anything.

have faith and don’t give up! Baby dust to us!
Hihi dun mind me asking, how do u know u have low ovarian reserve?

Hi does anyone know a rough timeline for frozen cycle? Have to postpone ET this cycle as my hormone levels are high.

Back