IVF 2019 support group

Dear ladies,

My beta came back at 146 U/L. It’s positive.

But my progesterone dipped to 2.83 nmol/L. That’s why I was bleeding. Silly me was feeling hopeless and all so I did not head to the hospital or call the clinic when the bleeding started. Big mistake.

Now, I’m on all sorts of hormonal support.
Estradiol
Dydrogesterone
Pessaries
And just got a progesterone jab.

Doc said “why? You din managed to get us during the weekends ah?” and told me that hopefully all these can help rescue the pregnancy. Silly silly me for not even thinking of calling.

So I’m sharing my story here to give hope and also to alert everyone that it’s ok to make a big deal out of all these unusual symptoms and call your clinic.

I’ve been given one week HL for bed rest.

Praying that all the hormonal support that I’ve just received is sufficient to keep this pregnancy going.

Good morning ladies ❤

Thank you @Winter99 and @Vonnieyn for sharing your experiences and kind words.

You know, when I started on this journey, I assume all IVF doctors will sit you down and offer advices on how to prepare your body for IVF, when to start preparing, which supplements to take etc. After my 5 months with KKH, I realised that my friends who had attentive and supportive doctors were those who went to private clinics. I guess this is what we get for going to a subsidised public hospital. I learnt more about everything through support groups like these and the internet. We simply cannot afford paying so much. The co funding really helps us out.

With partially blocked tubes, and poor egg quality, we have little hope of conceiving naturally but we will try.

Baby dust to all ❤

hi, some supplements for your consideration, you can also double check with your doc first before consumption:

From my gynae;
1. COQ10 - 1 tab 2 times a day
2. Arginine plus - 1 Tab 2 times a day
3. DHEA- 1 tab every morning
4. Vitamin D3 1000IU - 1 Tab 2 times a day
5. *Blackmores conceive well - 1 tab every morning
6. Iberet folic - 1 every morning
7. *Fish oil - every morning
8. *Glutathione - 1 every morning

those with * are what I added on, after asking my gynae.

Hi, I did a blood test, the report shows I’m in the low ovarian reserve range. I thought lucky enough to not be in the very low ovarian reserve range.
Icic.. Im nt sure did I went thru this blood test ..but doing ER on thursday.. Fingers crossed
U jiayou too ya

Dear ladies,

But my progesterone dipped to 2.83 nmol/L. That’s why I was bleeding. Silly me was feeling hopeless and all so I did not head to the hospital or call the clinic when the bleeding started. Big mistake.

Estradiol
Dydrogesterone
Pessaries

Doc said “why? You din managed to get us during the weekends ah?” and told me that hopefully all these can help rescue the pregnancy. Silly silly me for not even thinking of calling.

So I’m sharing my story here to give hope and also to alert everyone that it’s ok to make a big deal out of all these unusual symptoms and call your clinic.

Praying that all the hormonal support that I’ve just received is sufficient to keep this pregnancy going.
Congrats!!

It should not flow continuously. If it does, call ur clinic.
Mine didnt only when i pee.. then now stopped. Just now when i took my shower, the gel came out together with dark brown discharge . I did call kkh they said nothing to worry . Maybe it is the irritation that cause the bleeding..
Anyone encounter the same ting?

Dear ladies,

Estradiol
Dydrogesterone
Pessaries

Have faith! Hope everything will turn out well!

Icic.. Im nt sure did I went thru this blood test ..but doing ER on thursday.. Fingers crossed
U jiayou too ya
Thanks! Ooh I also doing egg retrieval on Thurs but but now only 1 grow to ideal size, hopefully these few days can get a few more growing..

Hi, anybody experienced before brown clumpy discharge after ET 9days? I noted some mucus like brown discharge when I showered.. it's like a small ball of tissue.

Good morning ladies ❤

You know, when I started on this journey, I assume all IVF doctors will sit you down and offer advices on how to prepare your body for IVF, when to start preparing, which supplements to take etc. After my 5 months with KKH, I realised that my friends who had attentive and supportive doctors were those who went to private clinics. I guess this is what we get for going to a subsidised public hospital. I learnt more about everything through support groups like these and the internet. We simply cannot afford paying so much. The co funding really helps us out.

With partially blocked tubes, and poor egg quality, we have little hope of conceiving naturally but we will try.

Baby dust to all ❤

A big hug to you... You had done your best this cycle.

Yes i agree with you. I did ask KKH gynae any supplement that i can take? Folic acid will do was the reply.
Maybe its because the medication is also subsidised. thats why they don't see the necessity to prescribe.
OH well, we do our best within our control.

Have a good rest and start fresh!

Hi, anybody experienced before brown clumpy discharge after ET 9days? I noted some mucus like brown discharge when I showered.. it's like a small ball of tissue.
Me.. i am currently experiencing it .... Dark brown discharge today ET 4days.

A big hug to you... You had done your best this cycle.

Yes i agree with you. I did ask KKH gynae any supplement that i can take? Folic acid will do was the reply.
Maybe its because the medication is also subsidised. thats why they don't see the necessity to prescribe.
OH well, we do our best within our control.

Have a good rest and start fresh!
From my experience, the doctor said that folic acid is the only proven supplement to be neccessary. I was taking Ovasitol but stopped during IVF to avoid any interference. The doctor also preferred that so they have a very clear picture of the treatment process. I did take whey protein shakes with the doctor's approval. Not sure if that helped but I had 19 eggs retrieved.

From my experience, the doctor said that folic acid is the only proven supplement to be neccessary. I was taking Ovasitol but stopped during IVF to avoid any interference. The doctor also preferred that so they have a very clear picture of the treatment process. I did take whey protein shakes with the doctor's approval. Not sure if that helped but I had 19 eggs retrieved.
I agree, and I checked with KKIVF with regards to the supplements that I was taking, to make sure they did not interfere with the hormonal injections.

My only gripe was I had to research and googled and asked around which supplements to take and from when to start. Taking just before the IVF process is too late as I've learnt now. The quality of your eggs actually start 3-4 months, as that is the period your follicles (with the eggs inside each one) will start to grow. Which means your eggs at this month now were developed 4 months ago. Any supplements you take now will not affect them. I wish I was told this when I went back and forth doing all the tests.

My mistake for not listening to my friends and for not asking the doctors all these months. I joined this group a tad late.

Hope everyone can benefit from my experience. Start your supplements to improve your body today!

Yup. Which part of the menstrual cycle we start the treatment and whether we need injections/oral medications/more scans before doing the frozen embryo transfer.
Day 2 u will start to eat the medicine. Then 10 days later u go for scan... Aft the scan the dr will review whether your lining is ready. If ready, abt a week or so they will schedule u for transfer...

Hi does anyone know a rough timeline for frozen cycle? Have to postpone ET this cycle as my hormone levels are high.

Hi!
In my 2nd fresh cycle in Nov 2018, my progesterone level was 8nmol/L, so doctor said to cancel the cycle and freeze my eggs.

I waited till end May 2019 to transfer a blastocyst, and it is according to my own schedule. But i read from goggle that it is better to do so after 1-2 periods later.

I transferred my last 2 frozen Day-3 frozen embryos in end September 2019 and they finally implanted. These fraternal twins are 10 weeks old now.

So, no timeline for frozen cycle for me...
All the best to you and persevere on.

Anyone has any idea wat does implantation looks like and how long does it last?

Hi adlina,

Implantation process, for me, has no spotting or bleeding. But I started to be hungry easily, especially at night and needed light supper before I sleep. That happened around Day 12 after a Day-3 embryo transfer.

Hope that adds to your knowledge bank! All the best & persevere on.

Hi does anyone know a rough timeline for frozen cycle? Have to postpone ET this cycle as my hormone levels are high.

Oh. Just to add for frozen cycle, after your period is over, you are required to go for scannings all over again. Mine is natural thaw cycle, meaning, no medication required before transferring embryo.

Scans + test your day of ovulation, then depending on the age of your frozen embryo, doctor will provide a day to return for embryo transfer.

Good morning ladies ❤

Baby dust to all ❤

Hi,
Hugs to you.

I dont take supplements other than folic acid for a long time. I chose TCM as in the long run, it is more cost-savings for me. I have been seeking treatment at Thong Chai Medical Institution.

If you & hubby believe in TCM, feel free to give me a private message and we can talk more about it.

If not, do what your instinct and knowledge tells you so and all the best. :)

What if my AMH indicator is high, does this mean PCOS, poorer egg quality?
My amh is high and i have pcos....but also means we have good ovarian reserve:) as for egg quality wise...i am not sure though...but i guess egg quality don't depend on amh? I managed to get pregnant and trying for 2nd one now:)

I went for ER on 12 nov and will be doing FET on dec...my menses came on 17 nov...doc asked me to start medication on 19 nov and FET will be on 9 or 10 dec...hope this helps...mine is medicated FET btw...

My amh is high and i have pcos....but also means we have good ovarian reserve:) as for egg quality wise...i am not sure though...but i guess egg quality don't depend on amh? I managed to get pregnant and trying for 2nd one now:)
Was your 1st baby via natural pregnancy or IVF?

Hi adlina,

Implantation process, for me, has no spotting or bleeding. But I started to be hungry easily, especially at night and needed light supper before I sleep. That happened around Day 12 after a Day-3 embryo transfer.

Hope that adds to your knowledge bank! All the best & persevere on.
It is just my day 5 after embryo and i started bleeding. Today it become fresh blood. I am all prepared for a failed IVF

It is just my day 5 after embryo and i started bleeding. Today it become fresh blood. I am all prepared for a failed IVF

Yes alina, please go to a gynae immediately for spotting/bleeding. Embryo may receive support from the progesterone jabs. You're still early from the embryo transfer. Just seek medical attention in an attempt to secure your embryo. Hugs.

Hi!
In my 2nd fresh cycle in Nov 2018, my progesterone level was 8nmol/L, so doctor said to cancel the cycle and freeze my eggs.

I waited till end May 2019 to transfer a blastocyst, and it is according to my own schedule. But i read from goggle that it is better to do so after 1-2 periods later.

I transferred my last 2 frozen Day-3 frozen embryos in end September 2019 and they finally implanted. These fraternal twins are 10 weeks old now.

So, no timeline for frozen cycle for me...
All the best to you and persevere on.
Thanks for sharing the info! All the best to you too :) Was yours done at KKH btw?

Thanks for sharing the info! All the best to you too :) Was yours done at KKH btw?

Thank you! :)
Yes, I have been a subsidised patient in KKH since I started ivf last May 2018. My doctor is Dr Chua Ka-Hee for the 2nd fresh cycle. He is young but so far, my experiences with him and instinct are not telling me to move on to a senior consultant yet.

You jiayou & rebuild your health physically & emotionally before embryo transfer.

Hi all! I’ve started my first IVF journey today after a scan on my 2nd day of menses. I’ve been trying to get pregnant with a 2nd one, but no good news since 10yrs back.. It took me a lot of courage to start this journey. Been reading through the thread and hope we can get preggy soon! Baby dust to all!! <3

Hi all! I’ve started my first IVF journey today after a scan on my 2nd day of menses. I’ve been trying to get pregnant with a 2nd one, but no good news since 10yrs back.. It took me a lot of courage to start this journey. Been reading through the thread and hope we can get preggy soon! Baby dust to all!! <3
All the best!

Darling, u r referring to a very old comment. You may wish to try pm the other lady directly instead.

Good luck on your ivf journey. :)

Back