IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

@WJZKEV , aiyo... I'm salivating now! I think I cannot wait till weekend. hehe...

@jeannie kong , WOW! 7 courses of clomid... Good luck to you! :)
To be honest, I was a bit skeptical when Dr Fong suggested IUI so soon. But come to think of it, I think he was trying to maximize the effects of the clomid I'm taking.

Dear ladies, I'm selling the following items as one whole package at S$20 as I'm entering into 2nd trimester of pregnancy via IVF.

Do PM me if you keen in purchasing them...and baby dust to all of you out there...

Self collection can be done somewhere in the central.

imageuploadedbyforum1432204436-402522-jpg.532720

Yes, for pregnancy and ovulation test kits, they will have shelf life. For those interested in the ovulation test kits as per above, the shelf life for the top (Clearblue) and bottom (cheapo from UK) is Sep 2015 and Nov 2015 respectively. I used them to find out my ovulation peak timing and patterns. Hence, I started to use them 2 to 3 days after my menses ended till i get a positive results on my peak...

Yes, for pregnancy and ovulation test kits, they will have shelf life. For those interested in the ovulation test kits as per above, the shelf life for the top (Clearblue) and bottom (cheapo from UK) is Sep 2015 and Nov 2015 respectively. I used them to find out my ovulation peak timing and patterns. Hence, I started to use them 2 to 3 days after my menses ended till i get a positive results on my peak...

Hello Chubby - ok wifey say take it, when u want to do the deal and where?

Can pm your contact no and let us confirm the venue and time from there.
Wish my baby luck can bring good news to your wifey and you.. Thanks.

Can pm your contact no and let us confirm the venue and time from there.
Wish my baby luck can bring good news to your wifey and you.. Thanks.

Thanks Chubby and Done.
Well we taking things very easy now, target for this month this Liu Lian hahahahahaha. Have to eat till we are really really satisfy.

just had my blood test today and the result was unclear. the nurse was telling me that it requires 3 "bars" to be positive and I am at 2 "bars" To return again for blood test.

what are the likehood of pregnancy since its in the mid range? any experience the same or have some knowledge of pregnancy blood test results from iui.

Depends. Think u will be asked to redo blood test in 2days time. Ie. Day after tmr if your last blood test was done today. Beta should double up every other day so that will give a real positive if successfully pregnant. If beta drops then it should imply a false positive .. possibly chem pregnancy .. meaning fertilised and possibly implanted but body cant support and may not be producing sufficient horm or egg quality is bad. Gd luck

Hi, please don’t be discouraged. IUI works on me. My first iui was done in Aug last year but resulted in mc. I did a 2nd iui in apr this yr and was successful. I would like to bless u all here with bb dust by giving away my ovu and preg strips, expiry Feb 2016. Can pm me your mailing address and i will send to you.

3follicles. 18, 2 of 22.had trigger at 10am.iui on mon.puzzled doc why got 3follicles previous time yet nv struck. He suspects endometrosis. Cos there was pain when doing u/s. Which was initially my first suspicion when I first went to kkh.but kk asked me to try fertility pills first cos he didnt want to open a keyhole and found nothing inside .. haihz so complicated. Doc advised to proceed with iui first. If still fail ..he suggests laporoscopy to increase fertility chance rather than ivf.he said ivf is quite complicated. and after laporoscopy .. chances of natural conception is similarly higher

3follicles. 18, 2 of 22.had trigger at 10am.iui on mon.puzzled doc why got 3follicles previous time yet nv struck. He suspects endometrosis. Cos there was pain when doing u/s. Which was initially my first suspicion when I first went to kkh.but kk asked me to try fertility pills first cos he didnt want to open a keyhole and found nothing inside .. haihz so complicated. Doc advised to proceed with iui first. If still fail ..he suggests laporoscopy to increase fertility chance rather than ivf.he said ivf is quite complicated. and after laporoscopy .. chances of natural conception is similarly higher

Very good numbers and sizes @h0peful !

Good luck on your IUI later!

actually my previous 2 IUI, also got 3 follicles, and also bo strike... this cycle also 3 follicles....

Hi,
I just want to share my so-iui story, I'm 37 years old, married for 6 years, still not have baby yet, so we met with Dr Tan Heng Hao from KK IVF centre. Upon check-ups, I have PCOS and my hubby is everything fine. Dr.Tan suggested to go for so-iui so we followed him. On so-iui day, June 8, I have only one mature follicle , 18 and his sperm count more than 45 millions. On Jun 25, I did blood test and it shows me I'm pregnant. I can't believe this first try will strike. However my HCG level is low so I had to do blood test again on Jun 27 to confirm the pregnancy. The result was ok, though HCG increases very slowly. so confirmed I'm pregnant.

actually my previous 2 IUI, also got 3 follicles, and also bo strike... this cycle also 3 follicles....
This ur 2nd or 3rd iui with tmc? My current doc says everything is normal is weird that didn't strike. Plus I had pain so suspected endo. Anyway when I first did ultrasound scan with tmc he did mention I seem to have mild endo. Today after iui I asked doc again I tot endo has heavy mensus. He said depends on how serious the endo is .. he believes I have mild endo and is impairing fertility. Whereas for other people ..they may get pregnant even with mild endo. Otherwise only other reason I can't get preggy is cos the sperms can't fertilize the egg

This ur 2nd or 3rd iui with tmc? My current doc says everything is normal is weird that didn't strike. Plus I had pain so suspected endo. Anyway when I first did ultrasound scan with tmc he did mention I seem to have mild endo. Today after iui I asked doc again I tot endo has heavy mensus. He said depends on how serious the endo is .. he believes I have mild endo and is impairing fertility. Whereas for other people ..they may get pregnant even with mild endo. Otherwise only other reason I can't get preggy is cos the sperms can't fertilize the egg
ya, all with TMC... we did ask him why still cannot pregnant, he just say sperm didn't fertilize the egg and ask us to try again lo... now i dun bother to ask liao...

Lucky Ms peace, we visited the same doctor as u and were for our iui during the same window but failed. Happy for u!!!!!
At least ur news relights the hope.

Sigh... went for my scan yesterday (day 15) after completion of 50mg clomid. Was very disappointed to see small follicles (largest at 8mm). Dr Fong advised to try naturally for this cycle since the follicles will not be ready for IUI.

He suggested a combination of metformin and clomid or injections for my next cycle. Ladies (and gentlemen), can shed some light on this?

Sigh... went for my scan yesterday (day 15) after completion of 50mg clomid. Was very disappointed to see small follicles (largest at 8mm). Dr Fong advised to try naturally for this cycle since the follicles will not be ready for IUI.

He suggested a combination of metformin and clomid or injections for my next cycle. Ladies (and gentlemen), can shed some light on this?
Hi, when I first started iui, I faced the same challenges like you, my follicles will not grow to the desired size and it will then be absorbed or collapsed. I also started with clomid and then clomid with metformin to help with ovulation. Still didn't grow or ovulate. Then I went on to add puregon injection and managed to try 1 time iui with just 1 follicle and I had to injection longer to achieve that but bfn. Then next cycle I straight away do ivf, and bfp. It really depends which protocol work for you, the doctor will try their best for you thru iui, but if it really your follicles don't grow, then don't wait anymore, go for ivf so that they can stimulate more follicles and your chances to retrieve mature eggs is higher. Baby dusts to you.

for me, injection increase the number of follicles, rather than size of the follicles.
when im clomid only, is 1 follicles with 18 to 23mm size
whem im clomid + injection, i will have 3 follicles with 18mm to 23mm size

Hi, when I first started iui, I faced the same challenges like you, my follicles will not grow to the desired size and it will then be absorbed or collapsed. I also started with clomid and then clomid with metformin to help with ovulation. Still didn't grow or ovulate. Then I went on to add puregon injection and managed to try 1 time iui with just 1 follicle and I had to injection longer to achieve that but bfn. Then next cycle I straight away do ivf, and bfp. It really depends which protocol work for you, the doctor will try their best for you thru iui, but if it really your follicles don't grow, then don't wait anymore, go for ivf so that they can stimulate more follicles and your chances to retrieve mature eggs is higher. Baby dusts to you.
For our case puregon seems to work, with a number good eggs but not sure did not have chemistry hais, guess we we will have to start soon as wifey auntie visited much early. She use to have normal schedule. Not sure if the injection did last time screw up her schedule

Thanks guys for the quick reply...

I am considering to try injections because clomid 50mg gave me bad side effects... I've been experiencing bloating, nausea and cramps at lower abdominal. Dr Fong briefly explained that injections maybe better because it's more direct and effects are faster.

Can you guys share on the cost for injections too?

Thank you!

For me pure injections more follicles but depends on how much volume I inject determines the sizes and no of follies. If oral fertility pills plus jabs I get ard 3 follies (2cycles) but all no chemistry .. jabs r definately costlier but with it better growth of follies.so the theory applies ..how much u pay how much u gain and how good or bad the quality is .. hahaha. Seriously true .. jabs usually come in 1 pen .. 1 pen has expiry of 1month.once open got to use within 1 month and kept refrigerated. Think 1 pen of smallest volume costs abt sgd 200 over..can't exactly rem

Hi everybody,
I m new in this thread as I m going for SOIUI in my next cycle too.A history about myself,I m turning 33 this year and hubby 36.we already have 2 girls 9 & 6 conceived naturally.was diagnosed with PCOS after no 1.After trying naturally for no 3( seeing a lot of famous TCM ),decided to go private to KKH See DR Tan Heng Hao.After many cycles of Letrozole ,still no avail so he ask me to go for IUI first before IVF..

Miss misTE="missyyee, post: 8026253, member: 52898"]Thanks @h0peful .

How is your IUI this round?[/QUOTE]
Miss yee ..I'm actually not even thinking about it hahaha. Too many things happened. I was intending to relocate to hk for work but I got a better offer to stay put in spore .. and my boss is upset with me cos she NV expects me to resign .. I NV even have time to think abt me in ttw . .anyway I did iui on Monday .. is just 3 do iui .. don't want to think too much cos I'm not pinning hopes liao. I just need to c if I'm going for laporoscopy or ivf

Last edited:
@missyyee Don't be too upset about it. I have tried 2 rounds of injections. Hurts a bit and tummy gets bloated. Sometimes will be a bit unwell but still bearable.

Stay positive! I will PM u the cost.

I just did IUI with Dr Fong. Frankly, although it is my 3rd IUI, this time is more tedious as it required me to have almost full bladder and I had to down 2 bottles of water immediately after breakfast which make me wanna puke. Plus after the IUI, had to lay for another 10 mins which really almost cannot tahan already.

Hello all, we are back on track and starting the 2nd journey. After going thru the first one, this 2nd journey i believe is going to be a heck care attitude already.
The first want was fussing over this and that with zero results (which was expected) thus this time we are on the road of fun, still is liu lian period so will be enjoying ourselves.

yes let's not think cause there is really fate and luck involved here, Stay happy always yeah, Opps forget GSS is still on too!

Hello people. Have recently seen Doctor Tan HH from KKH. Am having PCOS and he said that I have a lot of 'eggs' inside. So he recommended going IUI first. Am worried that if my next cycle come and there's still a lot of eggs will have to cancel the IUI treatment. Anyone with PCOS on the same route as me?

Hi everybody,
I m new in this thread as I m going for SOIUI in my next cycle too.A history about myself,I m turning 33 this year and hubby 36.we already have 2 girls 9 & 6 conceived naturally.was diagnosed with PCOS after no 1.After trying naturally for no 3( seeing a lot of famous TCM ),decided to go private to KKH See DR Tan Heng Hao.After many cycles of Letrozole ,still no avail so he ask me to go for IUI first before IVF..
Hi Sianzz, i think i am on the same situation as you. seen dr tan yesterday. also on PCOS, and we advised me to go to IUI before going IVF. i've tried more than 6 months of letrozole from a private gyane but no avail. how about you? maybe we can share the updates together here ?

Sorry ladies but how and what is PCOS? Seem to be a common think? Is there any special checks which will be requested by the doctor?

PCOS is Polycystic ovarian syndrome. You can google more on it.

Basically is small cysts around in the ovaries. Have to do x-ray to check if there is blockage to the fallopian tubes. If there is, need to operate to remove.

Ladies who have irregular menses and imbalance hormones tend to have it.

OOOO ok that one clear because wifey had a couple of these scans.....and shoudl be good else doc will ask her for some actions. Thanks for the clarification

I am planning to start my 1st so-iui with KKH anytime soon. During the briefing, was told to call the nurses on full bleed AF. So, AF finally came today and it is a full bleed. But it is past 5pm and no one's answering the call. :(

Should i just walk in tomorrow to KKIVF? Also, will an MC be provided for ultrasound on Day 7? Ladies who are familiar with the KKIVF process, please advise.

Thanks!

Kkh is closed for the day. Think they r opened half day tomorrow. U can go tomorrow but be early cos they close ard 1 or 12.30pm I think. They may ask why u NV call them before going down tell them them ur af came and kkh was already closed. And they r open half day on sat so u Wan go get ur med and jab without delay .. yes they will ask u if u need mc.if not u can ask them they will provide even for ultrasound scan. That time I asked for time sheet cos I took time off from wrk and the nurse asked y don't tke mc :)

@h0peful wow! that's alI said I don't want to go t of happenings in your life!
It's a good thing I suppose so it keeps your mind off baby making. :)

how's your boss now?
My boss headache! Haha! They r freaking over me quitting. Who Asked them to relocate. When i said I'm not going she said y not we stay here and asked me to promise to stay. They r stalling time to allow people to learn from me ...when people picks up they move to hk I'm of no value then they may jolly well kick me out. i got a new job i tendered they r freaking cos no 1 is able to train others at current so operational risks. Not my concern now anyways ...

Kkh is closed for the day. Think they r opened half day tomorrow. U can go tomorrow but be early cos they close ard 1 or 12.30pm I think. They may ask why u NV call them before going down tell them them ur af came and kkh was already closed. And they r open half day on sat so u Wan go get ur med and jab without delay .. yes they will ask u if u need mc.if not u can ask them they will provide even for ultrasound scan. That time I asked for time sheet cos I took time off from wrk and the nurse asked y don't tke mc :)

Thanks for your reply! I think I will do just that.

Back