IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

if after seeing dr Tan for few months, mayb u can try switching tcm for a change?
my dh troops oso not tat good. but he changed to boxers, ate gnc mens health (2 tablets), vit c (1000mg *2), brazil nuts (4-5 daily), exercised at least twice a week, coryceps pills from my tcm, his troops improved significantly.

I m going BCC this weekend. early in the morning. haha

dear ladies,

Peviously, i was at Bukit Batok East ave 8 where i see Dr Su. Ovulate once the first time i see her. then subsequently, my menses stretched from 30 days to as long as 56 days.

I have been seeing TCM Dr Tan Kian Sing for 3 months. I have not being able o detect ovulation at all even though i go through his acupuncture. His medication requires timing. I still have 2 big packets of medication for my 3rd day of ovulation and post-ovulation untouched. I am really lost now. my menses are now is 36 days (previously 30 days before seeing any doc.
Then towards my assuming calculated ovulation, i feel bloated like i am pregnant. I feel sad too that i have put on weight after seeing him. and he does not see it as a concern.
any ladies experiencing anything like this?

Hi Sunfresh,

In my experience, different people see different results. Perhaps Dr. Tan's medicine is not ideal for you? I am also seeing Dr. Tan, we had BFP after seeing him for 1 cycle, but it was a chemical pregnancy. That was in Nov last yr, and I have also not been able to track my ovulation accurately the last few times. Finally decided to invest in a Clearblue Fertility Monitor (am now waiting for it to be delivered).

With Dr. Tan it's tricky because like you said, his medicines requires we track when our ovulation is, and it's hard to book an appt with him as well. But I am sticking with him because of the acupuncture and my husband has seen significant improvement in morphology and energy level after seeing him.

Regarding side-effects of his medicines, I have not really experience significant weight gain after seeing him... but there are some ladies here who shared that their cycles became irregular after taking his medicine. Perhaps you can consider going to another doctor...

Hi there,
Anyone else doing IUI this month? I just had my CD9 scan, 3 leading follicles at 14, 13.5 and 11. The rest are small.

Does anyone have any advice for what to do during the 2ww? I was thinking of flying for holiday next wkend (public holiday), but not sure if flying will be too hard on body or anything?

Hi girls... I graduated from this thread 5mths ago... just lost our boy at 23weeks 3days... I know I will regret if I did not take a look at how my boy looks like before we cremate him... He was such a beautiful baby... why is heaven so unfair & cruel? The only thing which kept me going is the thought of getting pregnant again... I cannot wait to start so-iui again.. this is the only thing that kept me sane.

@Chanel,very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how devastating it must be to lose your baby at such a developed stage. No words can comfort you. It is normal to mourn but remember to stay strong as your husband and future children are counting on you... *hugs*

Hi Chanel,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs hugs.. Wanted to pm u but u don't accept pm.

I know it's not easy to go thru this, believe I know. ESP at this stage whereby u tot everything is so stable and things just happen do suddenly.

I too, lost my boy at 25 weeks due to placenta abruption. So I totally understand what are u going they now. The pain, the confused, u have so many qns to ask. But seems like many doesn't have answers.

Know what, take your time to grief, cry when ever u wan to. Things will get better.. During my confinement period there is not a single morning that I don't wake up crying.. When ever I wake up all I do was cry cuz I felt so empty. The emptiness is really so real.. Yet, everything happen so fast that I felt like it was a dream. In fact like drama. Really.. It's every morning the emptiness that made it so hard. I no longer feel my boy's fetal kicks, it's just to hard to bear.

I know everyone will be asking u to do a good confinement to prepared for the next one but all in ur mind Is to get preg again. Hoping that the bleeding so faster so that u can try again.

To encourage u abit, I Do have problems ovulating too. But I ovulated shortly after that incident. I lost my boy on 3rd feb, and I tested pos on opk ard end of mar. But didn't managed to conceive.

Hugs sweet heart. If u need someone to talk to u can pm me.
happy.gif

Hi jo78,

Thank you for your response. I will give Dr Tan another try. now my menses have bee consistently 35 days. And i manage to take his full course of medication prior menses. So when my menses came, no pain and i was quite heavy for the first 2 days.
the sad thing is that he felt that there is egg..but I still cannot get pregnant.

Dear Chanel, I hope that you rest well. I am sure you will be blessed with another baby again. I know its hurtful. And time can only heal everything. no one can give you the answer and probably you will not get the answer either. its frustrating. but time and the love of God will heal.

Dear mummies, what is bfp?

Hi, Ladies..i happy to hear that some of you here have successful SO-IUI..i will be going thru 1st SO-IUI next mth..will be calling the KKH once my period come..

i would like to ask a few things, hope you can help me..

1) For SO-IUI, i will be using medisave to pay for the injections, scanning, doctor review and urine test..will it be considered as First ACP tat i have used up?

2) How is the procedures like when you call up KKH on the 1st day of your menses?

3) my hubby and i do not have any problems after going thru all tests, just wondering wat is the percentage of success for the 1st try? I do not wish to go thru all these tests again..it is really time consuming and most importantly, it is a painful procedure for the tests...

Hi Pauline,

I just had my first IUI done this month at KKH too.

1) From what the nurse told me, I think medisave is counted as first ACP. So I didn't use it this time in case I have to do IVF. I'm not entirely sure, you can ask the nurse again.

2) You call on your first day, the prepare your file and you go in on day 2. Then they prescribe u meds to inject or take orally, then you have to go back day 7, 9, 10, 11 and so on for the ultrasound scan.

3) The success rate is a measly 12%. The more times you do the higher the success rate. It still depends heavily on timing, follicle sizes and sperm count. The tests last for 2 years (from what the nurse said), so should be fine for awhile at least.

Hi, Nat..

Thks for your advice..

I am thinking of using cash to pay for it too..same like you, juz in case i need to go for IVF..but it cost abt 1500 to 2500 which is alot for me..i can save on nurses service and urine test as i can do it at the family clinic...but the medicine, injections and ultrasound scan are not cheap at all..

Hi Pauline. I paid cash too. And it cause around 2k for me. May i know why you need to get so iui? As you said you dont have any problem with the test. If you can ovulate yourself I think clomid is enough instead of injection. I did my first iui on march and we got bfp. The problem is with me cause I can not ovulate. So need to do injection. And my biggest follicle was 15mm only on the last scan. But lucky I did ovulate after the trigger shot.

Yukimi also got bfp on her first so iui. So thebchance is there. Good luck!

I ovulated a few hours after my IUI I think. I'm on day 8piui but I am getting all these PMS symptoms!
sad.gif

I paid about 1.2k total I think. I counted. That's because I was on 50 units gonal f per day for Day 2 - 11, 9 days total. The increase in cost is really the meds. I bought only 1 gonal f pen and then the 2 small vials of 75 unit gonal f for my last 2 days.

As for the urine test, I bought a bunch of ovulation predictor test kits on ebay a month ahead of time. It was $33 usd for 20. Digital one also. Don't need to do at family clinic. Just bring your urine test and show to nurse on ultrasound day 7, 9, 10, 11, etc.

Honestly I think the scans are quite a lot cheaper than private clinic already. If this round not successful I'm going to cancel my next IUI and go straight to IVF.

Hello nat. Do you have late onset ohss symptomps. If yes 99% you got bfp. Cause I also got it around 10 dpiui. Its very mild and my instinct say to use hpt and we got strong 2nd line on 14dpiui.

My injectibles was puregon and after the first scans they increase to 75 then 125 then 150 cause my follicles are stubborn. I really scared If I really cannot ovulate lol. You only ovulate after 36 hours from the trigger shot. I thought most of ladies doing treatment through kkivf will be given puregon. And the pen is free. The nurse gave to me with extra needle. Well unless they charge me without noticing me lol cause when I paid my balance I never really read the invoice.

Hi all, been missing from this thread for a long time. Yup both cleo and I got bfp in the 1st round of iui. Pauline, like u, both my hb and I do not have issue during check up. Just not sure why we can't conceive. I must really thank god for blessing with us with this bfp at 1st iui. Going into my week 8 now. Initially, I paid cash for all the injection. Once I know I have bfp, I applied for medisave for this cycle. They will refund the cash I paid. You can do that too.

Cleo, how are you?

Hi Yukimi. I am good now im at 10 weeks plus. And 7 june will going for nt scans. Eh you can applied for medisave after bfp? I never know that! Is it too late for me?

Cleo: What's nt scan? So you will be going into 2nd trimester soon?! Congrats !

Yup I applied medisave right After my positive beta test. You can try calling kk and ask if is still possible for u.

Dear all mummies,
happy.gif

The doc, Dr Mathew Liu, advised me to go for IUI coz hubby and i have been trying for years and in fact i m already 34 liao..Actually the truth is both of us facing some finance difficulties and work stress, that y didnt spend much time together at all..i was on clomid quite a long time, but as like wat i said, no time and too tired to even try naturally...

You mean they dun charge you immediately if you opt to pay cash? As in like, on the 2nd day of menses, you go down KKH and they dun charge you at all 1st, is it?

Pardon me for asking so much as i need to consider to use medisave or cash..

Pauline, you will have to pay registration fee and do some blood test. All these are not claim able by medisave. But on 2nd day of menses, you will have to buy your injectibles. You can pay for that using cash. The rest like ultrasound, consultation, iui procedure all these not need to pay first. So you can opt for medisave if you get bfp! They will refund the injection money which you paid as well.

The blood test will be done at my family clinic..the nurse did told me that the registration fee need to pay..

Oh, if need to pay for the injectibles, then how much need to pay at least?

Wow, I didn't know can do stuff at the family clinic one. She didn't even offer me the option. But, I would advise to buy ur urine test strips online to test for ovulation everyday from day 7 onwards. Timing is very important for IUI. Buy your pregnancy test kit online also. I use ebay. At cold storage it's like $10 for 1 pregnancy test kit, and no brand one. That's why I haven't tested yet. One pee $10!
proud.gif

Hi Yukimi. I think im too late liao. I paid cash all my balance at kk right after my iui lol. Anyway my hubby said is ok as I will empty his medisave again for my delivery.

Nt scan is nunchal translucency or something like that. Is part of the oscar test. Testing for abnormal chromosome like down syndrome. Is optional.

If u taking puregon the vial they will ask you to buy will be the 300iu one which cost around 220. Usually they will ask you to inject 50iu until your first scan and will adjust the dose depending on how your follicle response.

Nat. Baby dust for you I hope you got bfp!

Pauline. I see work stress and timing. Yes for ttc timing is very important and is tiring. Let me tell you so iui also very tiring. Mentally and financially. And they also ask you to bd on the iui day as well at night to boost your chance. The doc who did my iui even said if can the next morning also try. But its too tired for us lol.

Hi Nat, actually my sis is working at the family clinic..tat y I can do urine test, blood test n even the injections at the clinic...hehehe...

Hi Yukimi, u mean I can pay $200 1st for one 300iu? Then each time I only nid to inject 50iu 1st till my 1st scan? Then on the 1st scan, do I nid to pay 1st too? Is the ovulation kit is the same as urine test?

Pardon mi, it is the 1st time I came in so not sure of the short terms of 'bd' and 'ttc'...so can tell mi what does it stand for?

Sorry for being very nagging..
sad.gif

BD = baby dance aka sex
TTC = Trying to conceive

It depends how much injection u need. I was put on 50iu per day for the entire cycle. I got 2 mature follicles and 1 at 12.5mm, not sure if the last one grew bigger in time by trigger. Need to be at least 16mm to be considered mature to trigger.

If your body doesn't respond strongly to the meds, they will increase the dosage at Day 7 ( I think). This is when it gets expensive. If you have to buy a new gonal f pen it's another 220+. Of if you have to buy 2 more gonal f pens after Day 7 that's 440.

Just for example, if u have to use 150iu per shot, the gonal f pen only have 300iu, means 2 days worth only.

I think the ovulation kit is the urine test. If u test at ur sis clinic then remember to bring the pee strip to the doc. U got to not pee for 4 hours before and not drink too much water within the last 2 hours before testing. The ovulation testing instructions are quite annoying. But they are extremely crucial for the timing of ur IUI!!

Yup Pauline. It really depends on the dosage that you need to mature the follicles. I used 75iu all the way. Need to inject 8 days before I get 2 mature follicles. So bought 2 vials. Cause me 400 plus. After which you need to inject a trigger shot. But quite cheap for this one. Only 14 I think.

Highly advisable to buy your own ovulation strip. I used the one in kk and it cost 15 per strip. Yes one pee is 15 haa.

Cleo: all the best for your Oscar test!

Hi Nat and Yukimi, thanks for the advice and the patience to explain to me..Nat,sorry to hear that the IUI failed..but you will get it at IVF!! Good luck..will update again once i start the IUI...

How about the scan? How much is the per scan?

Nat: 10dpiui is a little too early to test right? I tested positive using hpt at 13dpiui. Maybe don't lose hope so soon?

Pauline: Scan is a package. They charge all the scans and consultation at 400 plus I think. No need to pay first.

Bb dusts to all!

I'm very confused. I'm 10dpiui and I have spotting. ( TMI alert : I had to put a finger in to check and it was yellowish /pinkish.)

Tested this morning and it was a negative. I left it on the counter then went back to check and it was a faint double line under bright light.

Do I stop my duphaston now? Sounds like AF coming. Had a huge meltdown and practically chewed hubby's head off
sad.gif
feel very very guilty. I think I have to call kkh tmrw.

Nat: I had the same experience. Had brown spotting at 12dpiui. My heart drop as I tot my AF coming. Was super sad!! But I tested at 12dpiui at night. It was faint positive. When I test at 13dpiui morning, the line was strong positive! It can still be positive. It might be implantation bleeding! Stay positive. Continue the duphaston.

Hi Ladies,
I think i have got the information of what i want..thanks alot..will update here again once i start the procedures...thanks for being here with mi..

Nat, pls wait patiently again..you will have a positive ans tmr...
happy.gif
good luck and update us again ya..

Nat. Faint double line no matter how faint it is. Is still double line. Its mean positive. Try to test again today. Actually best to test in the morning first urine where the hcg is the most condense. Good luck baby dust to you.

Hi janice I will asume that gel contains a progesterone hormone right? Usually doc will prescribe progesterone after iui and ivf. Until your af come. But mostly we all got duphaston. An oral pill.

No no no, the test sat there for an hour n then came out with the faint line. Anyway tested again today and it's BFN. OPK and HPT have very diff instructions, one must be darker than control line, the other is any line is positive, so confusing.

Doc says continue duphaston? I'm 11dpiui , really seems like its a waste of my time to continue. I'm super tired and it feels like if I stop duphaston I may get full flow. The spotting is on and off, none of it made it to the toilet paper really, I had to put my finger in to check. Kinda want AF to come now so I can put myself on waiting list for ivf. Guessing game is really stressful moment. I just want to move forward.

hi Nat, try using the Clearblue digital which tells u pregnant how many weeks or not pregnant. I have spotting when i was about six weeks. it turned out to be blood clots.

Hi all, I'm 14dpiui. Tested yesterday but bfn
sad.gif

Didn't test today because I don't wish to be disappointed. AF didn't show up today either so I am somewhat hopeful. This is my 4th iui and I don think I can go through it again if it's negative this round
sad.gif

Janice
I am on 10dpIUI my blood test is on 13th June. This is also my 4th IUI...if it fails next step is IVF!
Will you be going for any blood test? do you have any preggy symptoms? I have terrible stomach cramps from d1piui to 7dpiui....

Hi alimgirl,

All the best to you!
My doc didn't ask me to go for blood test. She only told me that if this round fails then must call the hospital to discuss ivf procedure
sad.gif

I had terrible cramps 1-3dpiui too... Pain until cannot stand straight! But previous cycles not that bad.

I'm having some symptoms but they are like normal PMS ones - painful boobs, cramps on and off, bloatedness...

Bfn again today
sad.gif
(((

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone did IUI at SGH? I did it once, and the doc only gave me HCG and no other pills (eg progesterone). It was BFN in my first attempt, and the doc did not test my hormones as well on 2nd day of period.

Is this normal practice? I'm gg for my second round soon, so wanted to double check with you ladies.

Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi hi ladies....
*waving* married for 11 yrs.. got 2 kids both from KKIVF.. strike BFP for first trial.. Elder son fresh cycle and younger daughter thru FET. Now planing for 3rd.. am tinking of SO-IUI.. can share with me the procedures and also the cost?

dear all, i am new here. today is my 13dpiui and i have dark brown spotting this morning. this is my 1st SO-IUI. i got a feeling that i'm out this cycle. i have no courage to do the pregnancy test. sigh ;( i need advice

Hihi,
I'm new here. I juz started my IUI and would like to find out when does my husband need to bring his sperm to the hospital? Tnx!

Dear All,

Hi to everyone.Its really nice to know that there are so many of u trying SO-IUI.

I have had a M/C in 2009 and a Ectopic Pregnancy in 2011.Have been TTC since then but no avail.Finally have decided to go for my SO-IUI treatment.Started with Clomid on 10/07/13, Puregon Injection on 13/07/13.Did my First scan on 15/07/13.My Follicles were 11,6,5 mm on Right Side and 12,6,5 mm on left side.Continued Puregon for two more days.Scanned again on 18/07/13.Follicles were 16.5,6,5 mm on Right Side and 17,8,6 on left side.Uterine lining was 5.5mm.Doctor advised to us Estraderm patch to boost the uterine line as it had to be atleast 8mm thick to start IUI. Went back for scan again on 19/7/13.Follicles were 17.5,6,5mm on Right side and 18.5,10,6 on left side.Uterine Lining was only 6mm.Dr asked to start IUI on Monday,22/07/13.On 20/7/13, I went to O & G 24hrs clinic at KKH for my HCG Trigger injection.Sunday,was in alot of pain(stomach cramps).Monday went to clinic @ 0830hrs to give hussband's sperm for washing.Was told to go back at 1030hrs for procedure.After the procedure,was given Dydrogesterone tablets to be taken for the next 18 days.Was told to continue Estraderm Patch for the next 2 weeks. Also advised BD on IUI Night and following day. Now its my 2dpiui.anxiously waiting for the outcome.Hopefully can get a BFP. Have been waiting for this chance for the past two years and really disappointing when each time the test is negative.

Now have slight discomfort at the abdomen.
Has anyone experienced this?is it normal?

Back