IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi his wondering what is the different between iui and soiui? The cost differences?

I'm planning to do iui next cycle as this cycle on clomid doesn't seems to work and last cycle with gonal f jab only produce 1 follicle.

Thanks.

Sara, I don't know the cyst size. I don't know if my op is call lap.. I heard him saying punct hole on me.. Is this lap?
I have to call in d1 of my next mense to fix app for scan again. To check if the cyst is still growing.. Then review with dr on 21 mar again. Long wait.
sad.gif

Tsf, do update us on ur ivf jouney ya
happy.gif

Min81, all the best in ur ivf too! Jia you!

Hi strawberries,

Iui is without medication. U ovulate naturely n then dr inject Ur hubby sperm into u.

So iui is using medication to make u produce more follicles then inject sperm into u.

Soiui most ex, coz got medication.

I write briefly n my own writing Style, hope is clear to u.

N so-iui could cost est 1k difference depending on what medication u use (clomid/fermara/puregon) n the dosage .

My soiui cost about 1.7k using puregon.

Doubles: I see.. I had my jabs and i need ard 3 pens to produce 1 egg. Just the pens alone plus consultations already cost me $1500 liao.. Haven include scans.. So the iui procedure itself cost how much?

Doubles: hmm.. Maybe with my Gyane? I'm not sure what is the procedure yet. Cuz my Gyane ask me if I wanna try iui. So I'm wondering if I had so much problem producing one egg might as well take the higher chances method which is iui rather den normal intercourse.

My Gyane is at tmc. It is more ex right? Cuz private.

U did it at KK?

Doubles> went to visit tcm yesterday and the practitioner says tat it's better for me n DH to "tiao" at least 3 mths before Ivf... Sad! Plans delayed! TCM better gimme success first time!

Xanelyn, I did twice. One in nov 12 & the other last mth jan. it not painful. Like Pap smear . If u find Pap smear ok, should not be painful for u.
happy.gif

Tsf, my friend told me after my cyst removal, is better i go tcm tiao for few months too. I also very sian.. Sigh.. Next visit to dr I will ask him if can go straight to ivf after cyst remove.. Don't wana wait so long..

Thanks, Doubles. I am going to start SO-IUI next month. Hopefully can success.
I started TCM since last Jul (acupuncture almost every week). . Hopefully it gives higher chance to success this time..

Doubles, are you referring to so iui? I only will register next week with kkh and start the procedure next month.. no medication so far.

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Been TCC for 5 years. Went for iui recently so Im in 2ww now. Hope it will be successful.

All the best to all who are trying as well
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I'm new to this thread. Recently I started for IUI aft my MC.
Since MC, we been ttc for 1 year but no news yet so I dun wish try natural anymore.

Went to Nuh for a more detail test to see if there any prob with me.
Happily there wasn't any prob with both of us.
Only until today, during this v-scan to see my womb. Dr saying bases on my scan. My womb wasn't in a good shape. Normal womb shd be in triangle shape but mine abit out of shape. Dr saying if this round my IUI not successful, I need to go for another scope to see my inner womb. He suspect during my D&C, some part stick together.

After the D&C, I remember my previous Gynea did a scan for me n my womb is on a good shape. Duno wat the cause. Anyone face this prob too?

Tot of getting another Dr to have another scan.
Felt that this Dr keep wanted me to do all the test. First IUI with him wasn't successful. As he say my tube is confusing, then he wanted me go for a trial IUI. The trial is without any sperm insert in me. Finally he knew my tube map, then now he say my womb is not a good shape. I duno if I shd trust him...

Tomolo will be my 2nd IUI. Hope it works...

Hi Celestine,

How are you doing? So you've decided to proceed with 2nd iui.. Hmm i guess you wanna go to another doc for 2nd opinion? Or can convert to private and see prof wong/dr chew.. Don't worry too much for now k, since already started then go for your iui tmr and see how it goes.. This could be your bfp
happy.gif
Stay positive!

Hi min81!! How r u dear?
Yes I started my IUI again. Thank lord tat my dad free from cancer.
Now I can focus back on my IUI again. Horrey!!

I'm thinking of giving tis IUI a try again.
If turn to be negitive, then I will seek for 2nd opinion.
Felt this Dr not good at IUI. He keep wanted me for all sort of test.
Money is small issue but the emotion up n down is a torture.

How to seek for Prof Wong/Chew huh? They under Nuh right?
Least Nuh have my test result n I dun need to redo the test again. Tiring....

Hi I just had my follicle scan at nuh by prof Wong. Will b doing iui this sat Liao. Veri fast & nervous. Anything to avoid doing or eating? Anybody knows how much is iui done at nuh?

Hi Prosepina, this is my first trip to clinic for this procedure. But I went previously few times to take blood tests, hsg, etc. today is review with dr & see wad he says. As I m approaching ovulation soon, he say can start now. I need to go GP Tmr evening to inject ovidrel. Den hubby have to submit sperm on sat morning for sperm wash den two hours later start iui.
Ya, I m doing natural iui. Hope I hav good news!
happy.gif

How u know today is my cd12? Haha. He can onli see one follicle at right ovary but not the eggs. So not so sure. He say can onli measure the follicle size.

haha i have a plan with him for natural IUI. then he said take clomid then see him on CD12. i am still wondering how many trip to see him before the procedure.. now seems simple
happy.gif

Celestine,

So happy to hear your dad is fine!
happy.gif
I understand how you feel cos my mum was diagnosed with a cancerous growth in her lungs last july.. It was very early stage and she's fine now too after surgery
happy.gif

How was your iui today?
happy.gif
Take it slow and easy these 2 weeks.. I suppose if u wanna convert to private can just call women's clinic to inform and make appt.. Anyway, don't worry about such things first.. Stay positive!! I've started on ivf finally, going for egg collection procedure tmr..

Min81,
Sorry to hear abt ur mum. Is she still under chemotherapy?
Lucky u guy detect it early. Thanks lord!
Must be very stressful for u. Can understand...

My IUI was very successful.
This time my bladder super full, half way the process I couldn't endure more n spray some out. Gosh! Tat so Paisai... But the IUI is very smoothly done. Not like previous time, it took them a long time n causes me bleed. Hope this round will be successful. Or I need stop 1 cycle n go for the scope to see my womb. Stress!!!

Good luck to ur ivf!! Dun stress urself during this period.
Jiayou Jiayou!! Update us okay.

Hi kitkat,
Yes. Full full bladder. U dun need ma?
It such a torture... Need endure when dr keep poking in me, plus the aircon keep blowing. Aft the IUI, i rush to nearby toliet n relieve, then go back dr room. Glad it over. Hehe

Wa! Why all different.. Meaning his tactic wasn't good enough wor.
The previous IUI, I was half bladder n they took a long time to insert the tube.
I still need a trial test before a next IUI cycle bcos dr say my tube quite confusing.

If this cycle wasn't good, I better switch dr.
This round he again say my womb is a strange shape. Quite he wanted me go for a scope to see my womb. Someting like HSG. Haiz!! Duno if I shd trust him... Cos my previous private gynea scanned me n say mine is prefect condition.

Your doc is prof right? He's supposedly good... I got few friends successful under him . I'm still in my 2ww, hope all will be well...

Mine is not a prof.
I'm under subsidize, so maybe I wasn't place any prof.
But it alway the same Dr that attend to me since my first day of checkup

Celestine,

Nope my mum didn't require any chemotherapy.. Very lucky indeed, the growth in the lungs was discovered when she was doing a check on the heart..

Glad to hear your iui went well
happy.gif
Jia you and stay positive!!
happy.gif

Hi all, just had my iui done. Hoping for the best now! The clinic was Veri busy today. Prof Wong did not even hav time to talk to us & had to rush to another room. Tink is half day today, so tats y super busy.

Back