IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Kitkat, congrats!!
happy.gif

My last iui didn't work so I just went for a 2nd round....in 2ww and hopeful that it will be successful.

You take care and wishing you an easy and enjoyable pregnancy
happy.gif

Thanks Julie. Hope u get your bfp this mth. Dec babies r cute, just like me
happy.gif
stay calm & positive during yur 2ww. Dun tink bout symptoms. I dun even hav sore boobs. Till now onli nipps hurt on & off.
Remember no cold drinks & herbal soup!

hello ladies, hope everyone is having a happy start to the weekend!

AF just started ytd so went to KKH to pick up my Puregon today, turns out the injection's a breeze, can hardly feel the very thin needle. Fingers crossed for all!
happy.gif

Hello ladies, need advice from you. May i ask which cycle day is the Iui likely to take place? Just went for scan on cd4 and shows that my right ovary has 2 follicles of size 11mm and 10.5mm and 3 other smaller ones on left. The doctor already prep me for iui over the weekend.

Will it be so fast? My hb will be overseas from this sun to tues. not too sure I need to get him to cancel his trip to prep.

Need your advice girls!

hi yukimi, think it's best to heed the advice of your doctor, it probably varies from different people but if your hubby can't cancel, you would need to let yr doctor know, not sure if they can lower the dosage so the egg matures later (say on Wed) to wait for yr hubby.

Thanks Jo for your reply.. Yup think I better seek my doctor's advice on this..

Usually, my ovulation happens on D13/14. So my hb took leave from D12-15 for this. But guess injection can make it happen earlier..
sad.gif
.. so hard to time..

BTW, Jo.. All the best to you too!
You are starting IUI this week as well right?

I'm also under Dr Tan Heng Hao in KKH.

BB dust to all of us...!

Hi Yukimi, just curious why you are on so-iui if you can ovulate normally? cause Puregon is considered a powerful stimulating hormone, for people who can't ovulate normally.

I will take that they ask you to inject 50iu first, and if on cd5 the follicle already that big. They scared it will burst soon.

Just my thoughts.

Cleo..I'm classified under unexplained infertility haiz...just with low AMH at 0.9. So I guess SO-IUI will help to release more than 1 egg to increase chance of conception. Any ladies here facing unexplained infertility like me here? Is so frustrating... haiz... cant treat the root cause..

I'm injecting 75 IU. I did ask if can decreae dosage to 50IU so that the egg won't pop so soon haa. But the nurse mention not much diff between 50 or 75 IU.

@Yukimi, oh is that the one about lower ovarian reserve?

Me too.. I got this unexplained infertility too. I went to KK to get IUI and they direct me to normal gynae to check first, check virtually everything. And everything is normal, it just that i am not ovulating (i suspect since the birth of my first child)

No response to clomid, so they put me in so-iui. I start with 50iu for a couple of days, and no response also, increase 75iu for 2 days, increase 125 for 4 days, and finally 150 for 4 days lol. Crazy. I think by cd18++ then i got the pregnyl injection and that one my last scan of the follicle is 15mm only. I am in the 2ww. curious as hell, i doubt i will kena though.

I think they ask you to stop injecting already if the follicle is big enough, but i am not sure, you know the kkivf doctor is in rotating basis like medical officer. Each doctor thing differently.

What your husband say in this? if he can not cancel it, then you need to abandon the cycle, and try your own.

@cleo guess you are suffering from pcos then. Not unexplained infertility like me haiz. All the best for your 2ww! Hope you strike this time and get bfp! Update us ya! My hb can't cancel his trip. Just cross my finger that will not happen so soon!!

All the best to those who are doing iui this month! Bb dusts to all!

I don't know, cause the doctor ruled out pcos from the first blood test. And then do the laparoscopic surgery to check my womb, hysterosalpingography and sonohysterography. Also check my husband sperm.

Dr Khong never said anything particular, and straight away direct me to IUI.

Thanks, i hope we can strike the 1st time too >.< And i hope your follicle can wait to burst until your husband back from the business trip.

@cleo So no medical explanation why you can't ovulate? Yup hopefully iui can help both of us strike! Did u get a opk + before doing iui? Did dr KHONG perform the iui for you?

So far, my opk is negative. Finger cross!

Yeah yeah its un explained annovulation. The one who do the iui is the medical officer. Like whoever free to do then they went down to do it lol.

I used the opk but the doctor said no need to use when they decided my iui date. When I last use is only faint line. The next next day is pregnyl injection and then next next day is the iui.

Finger cross to both of us.

hi all

I am back to this forum after a year break. My last IUI was in Dec 2011. Now i just did my 3rd IUI on 2nd April 2013. I am on my 2WW....its my d24 and i feel some pain (like getting period) kind since yesterday. What pain could it be??
any advise?

@alimgirl: did you take progesterone suppositories? or did you take trigger shot? cause both have some effects the same like in early pregnancy. Its very confusing.

I am currently 2ww also. And today is 11dpiui and it almost drives me crazy. I have super stomach bloatedness since yesterday, and feel nausea a few times. But i convinced this is all because of the side effect of duphaston. Tempted to buy HPT, but i am scared the result is BFN >.< now waiting 12 april to go back kkivf for blood test. And finger crossed that my AF wont come.

Ladies, can someone enlighten me, my Mense come last night at 11pm, today consider day 1 or day 2? Thank you. As I want to see gynae at dAy 2.

Cleodux
hmmm now i get it! It must be the duphaston that i am taking. I am on 7dpiui today, will there be any pain during implantation?? any symptoms?? just keeping my fingers crossed and dont want to think too much!

Cleodux
u r doing IVF @ KKH rite?? how much do you have to pay?? Are the new grants by gov helping?? Any good doc to recommend in KKH....bec if this IUI fails i plan to do IVF next.
Thank you for sharing

hi ladies, can i check with u all, what is the differences between puregon and gonal f jabs? Are they the same or not?

I'm also gonna do my SOIUI this cycle. Am in my CD8 today. Went for hsg dye test ytd at CD7 and every things is well.. Then went for follicle tracking however, i feel that my follicles are so small compare to Yukimi, at cd7 biggest only 9.8mm cant rmb.. not even 1cm..

and i'm on 112.5iu from cd2-5. ytd increase dose to 150iu for 3 days then this thrus going to see gyane again for follicle tracking..

i rmb that time i need 4 300iu gonal f pens to produce 1-2 follicles... hoping with this increase initial cd2-5 dosage, will help with my follicle growth...

Those who are going to IVF, any idea how muz is govt subsidizing?

Vanilla
I have used both gonal F and puregon. I find puregon works better for me..as gonal F didnt make any difference to the size of my follicles. instead i had menses on day19 itself....so they immediately change the injection to puregon.

I just read this from the MOH website on the gov subsidy for IVF: http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/art.html

Hope it helps

Hi ladies, I need someone to advise me , my Mense come last night at 11pm, so today is cd1 or cd2? I need to see gynae at cd2, pls help thanks.

MoreBBs - i will consider it as cd2 only if the menses was heavy last nite. if not, i will consider today as CD1. Hope this helps

@alimgirl: yea i do it at KK. I didn't take the subsidy because it let say...the SO-IUI failed, i still can go to IVF route and use the more bigger subsidy.

So if i strike this cycle. I am still happy without subsidy cause we got pregnant. If i didn't strike and i used the subsidy then i will double pissed because of the BFN and thee lesser subsidy for the 2nd try
happy.gif

I didn't really count how much i have spend. But from averaging about 1-1,5k for the whole procedure and the med. Or maybe more, cause the Puregon is really a killer, especially when your follicle is not responding to the dosage and must increase.

I don't know about the pain of implantation because, all i feel is (i think) the side effect of duphaston. The first few days after the trigger is feel like you are pregnant, because the hcg hormon. But subsequently it will disappear, and you left with just bloating and a bit of nausea. I didn't get any spotting so far as well.

Sorry i don't have doctor to recommend, my case we just call the kk line and ask about IUI they direct us to the normal OB clinic first to ruled everything out. I was refer to dr khong. I don't really want to recommend him though. Cause he is fast and doesn't really talk unless it is important. So you will feel like he is less attentive and care.

@MoreBBs: if i were you just give a call to kkivf, they usually know what cd is that. My case was. my period came on 11am, i called them at 4 pm to tell them that it is a strong flow. And they said the next day is cd1 because it was already pm. IT IS SO CONFUSING lol.

@VaNiLLa: i think the subsidy amount got stated on the paper that they give to us first time you go to kkivf for consultant, should be around 15k or something IIRC.

So it turn out today is my 13dpiui. My IUI was on 27 March. This 2ww feel like hell. And start Sunday i feel very bloated (well i feel bloated all the way but Sunday its starting to hurt) Until now... i don't know if this is a mild OHSS or my gastric pain. Or any other thing.

Basically my whole stomach, upper and lower feel huge and bloated. The upper abdomen is more pain and its a bit hard. But i can still breathe normally. So i am not sure what it is. I urinate a bit also, but i didn't check the color lol.

Part of me hope that it is OHSS cause they said late onset OHSS usually sign that you are pregnant. But how if this is not OHSS. I told my mom that i don't want to hope much cause it is really devastating if it turn out negative. My mom said that i have already hope so much cause i feel that i am having OHSS symptom lol.

Eh sorry i rant so long >.<

Baby Dust to us all!

cleodux: you mean the whole process for IVF is about $15k at kkivf?? Not the subsidy amt right? Cuz e subsidy amt i saw on e website that alimgirl gave me is u to $6300 only... ;(

Eh ya oops. I found the paper. It said up to 6k for first time, 5k and 4k for subsequent.

So yeah i think the whole IVF is about that amount. I could be wrong.

Cleodux: Ivf cost more. One Ivf circle is about 9-12k or 12-16k (private). You can use your Medisave in decreasing amount of 6k, 5k and 4k for both govt &amp; private. On top of that, if u go to govt hosp, u also get to use 3x govt fund of $6.3k. Hence there is more savings in govt hosp.

@vanilla you using puregon? I'm using puregon as well. Different person react differently to the drug. So not to worry. I'm at my cd 9now. Tml going for my 3rd scan. Just saw stretchy white mucus just now. Maybe a sign of my ovulation soon. So far opk-ve. God bless . . My hb is back already. Phew!

@cleo thanks for sharing the post iui symptoms. Get us mentally prepared! I'm excited for u! Hope you get a bfp this Friday ya!

Bb dusts to all! Fighting and be positive girls!

yukimi: nope.. i'm using gonal f jab... but i need quite an amt of dosage to produce 1-2 follicle.. if i rmb correctly, i need 4 x 300iu gonal f pens till gyane says stop and cruise me.. den i went back on cd 17 to scan and have a 18mm and 16mm follicle.. haha..

But back then i started off with 75iu for 5 days then 150iu for the next 9days.

Tis cycle, i started off with 112.5iu for 5 days and 150iu for 3 days which is till tml and i'll be going back for another scan on thrus.. hoping that the follicle will grow to be at least 15mm lo...

I was never in e avg chart timing before.. like to O on cd14 which gyane love most... this is their normal cycle.. haha.. by mine usually slow.. haiz...

wow.. stretchy cm is good.. haha..

Good luck!!

Anyway, anyone who went for hsg dye test before?

I did mine on monday and after that i have this seems like ewcm discharge.. Anyone happen before but that one definately not ewcm cuz my follicle ain that big yet... and i'm only cd9... Till ytd i still have some...

So makes me wonder if it is the dye...

@Chris: Yeah it was about 15k i heard from the nurse.What do you mean 3x government fund? i thought that one is the subsidy? I did the SO IUI at kkivf, i choose to pay though. Just in case.

@Yukimi: Good for you... I hope tomorrow the scans turn out good. Btw where are you doing your SO IUI is it private or government hospital?

@VaNiLLa: I did the hsg test before at KK. Its freaking pain lol. But it fast. I remember not so much discharge after that. Mostly the dye actually looks like semen (lol), but maybe that is just me. Its kinda sticky though. Maybe your follicles is responding nicely?

cleodux: i dont feel anything leh.. lol.. maybe cuz i took some painkillers before that... haha.. only like pap smear feeling lo..

i dont think my follicle grew so fast.. haha... I thk likely is the dye.. and yes the discharge is like semen... LOL... slippery and stretchy.. realy like ewcm... haha..

Cleoduv: govt co-fund (only for govt hosp) pays also $6.3k for 3x, adding on to the Medisave u are allowed to use. Both Medisave n co-fund can be used concurrently. Usually use these funds for Ivf since it cost much more. The Ivf cost depends on how much stimulation drugs u need since the other cost (procedure theatre, lab fees, etc) are std.

@Chris: do i need to get the subsidy rate first (i.e via polyclinic) or i can just apply? And that one is only for ivf right? So we can actually use medisave for SO IUI? i used cash, i thought only got subsidy, or i forgot.

@VaNiLLa: Yes like pap smear feeling. But don't know why it hurts for me. When i went to my regular gynae to do pap smear, is not hurt like that lol.

BTW how to count the Xdpiui. Is it the next day or the day it self is considered 1dpiui, cause i always thought the next day of post IUI count ast 1dpiui. The paper said i need to go back to kk for beta test on Friday 12 April, and they wrote there as 17dpiui (that long !@#$) so today it is 15dpiui for me then. So far so good. no blood stain whatsoever. I wonder this cycle we really get it. Cause this is my last chance to get a snake baby that really going well with me and hubby chinese horoscope (we are rooster).

Hi all,

sorry have been silent for a while, glad to know a couple of other ladies are doing SO-IUI and IUI with me. Good luck ladies!

Just went back for first scan today, CD7. Detected follicles on one side 11.5mm, 8mm and 8mm. 2 more follicles on other side 5mm and 7mm. Doctor increase my puregon from 75IU to 100IU. Will be going back for review on Fri morning.
happy.gif

@cleo No AF is good news for you! All the best for your pregnancy test this Friday! Yup can use medi save for iui but can only use up to 3 times (6k 1st time, 5k 2nd time, 4k 3rd time) including ivf cycle. More worth it to use medi save for ivf. If use medi save for iui, will be consider first time. Next time, if you move to ivf, can only use 5k in medi save.

Will be doing my iui this Friday! God bless that it will be a smooth and successful one!

cleo: not sure how to count leh.. cuz i nv do iui before.. haha... Good luck wor... fri u can know have or not le.. me tml is cd10 so hoping can get follicle at least to be 15mm big..

jo78: at cd7 ur follicle are good lo.. mine is only less den 10mm.. e biggest ard 9+mm only... i have many small follicle, ranging from 6-9mm...

so hoping tml follicle is big big!! round round!! haha..

Ladies, like to ask when u girls do the pregnyl trigger shot, did you waste any drops? I did it just now and waste a few drops. Is it fine? So worried that will not be sufficient to trigger ovulation.

Hey Ladies, Good Morning, I hope all your scans is fantastic today.

Good luck on your Friday IUI Yukimi! are you using private clinic? cause at KK, they will ask you to come down to the 24 hour clinic to get the injection, the nurse will do for you, and paid 11 dollar (with gst)

My IUI was on 27 March wednesday, the doc (medical officer) ask me to bd on sunday, monday took the trigger, and after the IUI also bd at the same night. We supposed to do the next morning too in case, but we both dead tired lol.

Yeah VaNiLLa the trigger usually 38 hours before your IUI, cause after the trigger usually you will ovulate 38-48 hours window.

Today its officially 16dpiui for me. I feel good this morning, yesterday is not. Stomach so bloated and pain, and i got dehydrated a bit. I am sick of this feeling and heck, i asked hubby to buy HPT on his way home. Yes ladies, i cheated and did HPT before my beta test tomorrow. I scared of the result, but i want to know cause if negative i will think because it is hormone that cause the pain. If positive, then i wanna go to 24 hour kk clinic to check if i have OHSS.

It turned out BFP ^_^ the line gradually got darker! Hubby so happy and cried tears. After that we went to 24 hour kk clinic. My blood count is normal, but they suspect i have infection from my urine sample (UTI) so they give me some antibiotics to take. They didn't want to check my beta, and ask me to come down on Friday to kkivf for blood test. So that is my story yesterday.

I am very very happy, it likes a dream after so many 1 line, finally can get 2 lines, it has been so long since the last time i saw 2 lines (my ds is going 3)

But i am still scared s!@# cause i know this is the beginning only, still have first U/S and everything. I hope the best for me and for you all ladies in this IUI journey, i hope you all have the best result as well.

They said that for IUI the chance is very low for the first timer, but if i can got it, so can you all!

PS: but maybe must do beta test to be really official. So it is still 1 more day to go!

Congrats cleo!! Happy for you! Yup to get a bfp is like a dream come true! Update us on your beta results tml! All the best!

I'm doing iui at kkh also. Yes I have a choice of osg clinic or administering it myself. I choose to do it myself. Called Kkivf just now. They said is fine.

All the best, girls!

@Yukimi: thanks! wahh you also at kk? thats mean tomorrow we may pass each other... or not... i remember IUI around 10.30 then start usually. I need to come down earlier at 7.30. So i guess maybe your hubby and me will pass each other lol.

Back