IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Saralyn,

Thanks!! Also hope to have good news after grabbing so much bb dusts the past mth.. Haha
happy.gif

Lin,

Oh dear, i really hope my cramps will subside soon.. And the flow is really heavy too.. Is it the same for u? Don't worry, u're now on dhea rite? Take it as taking the time to improve your egg quality so have higher chance of bfp when u do ivf
happy.gif

Dian tang,

No worries, can understand.. My hubby also saying if really preggy again, we also pantang pantang a bit.. Hehe.. My fren actually kept it from her family till 6 mths!! I asked her how she did it, she said always wear loose clothing when meeting them..

Dian_tang, congratulations and no worries. Totally understand
happy.gif
will wait for your official announcement and wish you smooth pregnancy!!

Min81, heavy flow is good because it will really cleanse the lining of womb.

min81, thanks for the info..i have juz book appt to see prof wong for iui... crossing my fingers...

DHM, hee... i have juz replied u... it goes into my other folder
really need u gals' sticky lucky bbdusts.... ;)

Hi I felt very blessed by your wishes!! Again feel blessed to have supports from the sisters here , my colleagues and family .

Lil Ponyo: ha ha where do u catch the movie?

Lil Ponyo: I agreed what you mention abt dr zhao. She had been very encouraging from the start and I always feel good after her sessions.

min> yes v heavy for the first mense and lots of big blood clots, need to change ev hour on D2 and ev 2hrs on D3. aft D3 is ok liao.. second mense nt so heavy. yes taking dhea now

bb> u decided to switch to nuh?

Baby, do you have PCOS as well? I tried clomid as well but my ovaries had absolutely no reaction. Then I found online that PCOS girls don't tend to respond so well to clomid, and they've been trying a new method with an old drug called Femara which seems to be working much better without the side effects of clomid.

If you're interested I can send you the medical article I read, just PM me.

Just google "femara/Letrozole" and you should be able to find lots of info. It's actually a breast cancer drug, and was accidentally discovered to help ovulation as well.

My reaction to Femara was excellent -- ovulated by CD 12 or 13, and follicle size >20mm. No side effects either.

Hi girls, I'm going to set up a private Facebook group for us. I am part of two similar groups (mostly US-based) and it is so wonderful to be in this close, tight knit community and be able to talk about all our struggles in a private environment. It's also easier to keep in touch.

Please PM me if you'd like to join. Of course, if you'd like to stay anonymous, I understand as well
happy.gif
Lil Ponyo, you're going in first! ;)

Jen: ya.. Have pcos and have no reaction to Clomid too... N Gynea suggested we do soiui... He never suggested Femara before... Which Gynea are u seeing ? Does Femara give multiple eggs too? I read up from the web n it seem like it helps with pcos a lot better than Clomid...

hi Ladies,

Can anyone let me know the costs of IUI and IVF?
IVF got government subsidies? how much? IVF cannot claim from Medisave right?
IVF can only do at NUH?

Thanks a lot....
happy.gif

Lil ponyo,

Thanks! Glad to know heavy flow is good..

Bb,

When's ur appt? We might be cycle buddies!
happy.gif

Lin,

Ya gotta keep changing pads.. Actually i was surprised doc say can start iui this mth.. I was actually expecting it to be done in nov..

Dian tang,

Actually this morning prof wanted me to go chr and get nurse to tok to me abt ivf again.. I told him no need cos i can remember.. Hehe.. I just wanted to go home and lie down cos of cramps.. Then just now chr nurse christine called to explain some things to me cos she's afraid i could have forgotten.. Then she told me prof on leave 15-30 dec, would i mind if dr chew take over.. I told her no problem.. Yours was done by dr chew also rite? Hope i will have good luck with him too.. Hehe..

Baby, I see Charles Lim. Femara may or may not give multiple eggs. Everyone is different.

Personally I feel that gynaes in Singapore are quite conservative and a little behind in fertility treatment. I had to request Dr Lim to try Femara, but after we tried he now agrees that it works very well. On my US Facebook ttc group, the PCOS girls one by one all switching to Femara with very good results.

Min81: so ur cycle starting in dec? Yes dr chew scanning was quite detailed . I like him too . My ET was done by him . JIA you !!

lin, decided to switch to do iui at nuh coz of the rave reviews... juz try my luck loh...

min81, book this coming mon
happy.gif
u?

Jen: sound good.. But is there any limit how many cycle we can do with Femara? N does it bring cycle back to normal.. I have very irregular cycle without medication..

Can I join Ur private group facebook too? Tried to pm u but say not accepting pm...

Jen, yes I'm joining the facebook group
happy.gif

Dian_tang, the movie my friend download for me, he he.

Wonder how is dear Claris?

Laki, how are you?

Dian tang,

Yup will be starting ivf in dec if iui does not wk out (praying hard for successful iui!!).. Ya dr chew is very nice.. My hubby say he's very cute, always humming a tune to himself.. Haha..

Bb,

Will mon be your day 12 scan? I'll be doing day 11 scan next thur as prof not ard on fri.. All the best to you!!
happy.gif

Min81: ha ha I realize he also talk to himself when he is happy . I think when u start IVF , a package price is pay instead of ala carte price . Hope u can succeed on iui !! I have a feeling that u will

wave Lil n min81, hehe thks for asking bout me. Recently i juz being a silent reader coz there nothin much I can update u gals now coz im still waiting to proceed w my FET.

Me now change to new boss n somemore is a male boss so trying to adapt to his working style. My ex boss told me to open up to him bout my ivf program n i did. Lucky he didnt say anything n sort of support me.

Rem tat time d 5 of us (Lil, dian tang, saralyn, min81 n me), all of u started to graduate le n soon b min81's turn. Juz envy all of u n wonder when will my turn come.
sad.gif

Laki Gal, I know what you mean about us graduating. We are like the 5 musketeers. Please be positive
happy.gif
You have a exciting thing (your FET) to look forward to and I have a VERY VERY good feeling about you and Min81. Use this time to bu your body even more, rest, stay fit and healthy so that your body is at its best when receiving your snow baby! Jia you! That is a good start to your new boss, so don't worry so much, okay?

Min81, you too, you have a good plan laid out and I'm very excited for you too. All the best in your IUI this month!

Both of you will do fine and graduate soon. Jia you!

min> how's yr cramps now?

laki> new boss, new mood, things will turn out well for yr fet..

ponyo> are u feeling good now? when's yr next scan?

Lin, I am feeling better day by day and it feels good to be back at work. My boss is very nice and ask me to go home every day after lunch. Since he said so, I just go home! Ha ha! Don't want to over exert myself in my 1st week back. My tummy is still bloated but it has reduced a bit everyday.

No problem, Laki gal, remember to think positive and you will succeed!

Lin, after 2 weeks at home, I'm actually pretty happy for a change of scene. Time passes quickly when out and it's more convenient as I need to attend meetings. Ya, both my boss and his boss, would walk pass my desk in the afternoons and say, "why are you still here?" Quite funny. I also have a roster of colleagues who take turns to buy lunch and snacks for me every day so I'm more pampered at work than being home alone. Ha ha!

Laki gal,

Good that ur new boss is ok with ur ivf
happy.gif
I haven't graduate leh.. Haha.. But whatever it is, my hubby and i know we're trying hard, so we just stay positive and see how things work out.. You do the same k!
happy.gif

Lil ponyo,

Thanks for the encouragement!
happy.gif
Glad to hear you're feeling better day by day.. Ya true i understand what u mean about staying at home.. My first wk after quitting was quite relaxed, after that was itching to do something.. Haha.. Attending classes daily now and i actually feel more refreshed than staying at home.. Your work environment is really nice!!
happy.gif

Lin,

I was very thankful when woke up on day 3 with no cramps.. Am ok now.. Dunno whether it's the red date drink that helped..Maybe u can give it a try too
happy.gif

min81, it will b my D3 & probably scan & do bts rite? Can any gals doing iui at nuh to give advice on wat i shld expect on D3?

ponyo> wow, that's a very good environment to work in! if only mine was like yrs, maybe i wud still be working.. haiz..

min, i pm u..

Good morning ladies, happy Friday! So happy that the weekend is finally here. I wish all you a great day
happy.gif

Lin and min81, yes my work is pretty supportive but we also work really really hard though so its give and take
happy.gif

Missus's IUI wasn't successful. We saw Dr Sadhana yesterday, she explained the IUI cycle was a good one, most probably fertilization didnt take place, so recommended us to move to IVF next.

Moving forward, missus is still consuming TCM prior IUI with Dr Tan Siew Bouy, and since her IUI cycle was a good one, missus decided to keep on taking TCM to get ready for IVF in Jan.

Questions - if fertilization didnt take place during IUI, does it means better chances via IVF? Will same thing happen again during IVF?

Thanks

Nitro: many factor can affect unsuccessful iui.. Eg no fertilization, egg/ sperm quality no good.. Linning not good enough for implantation... Did Ur Missus do so iui?

I just have a failed so iui n now on my 2nd cycle.. Ask Gynea usually should try how many before proceeding to ivf.. He say usually 3 to 4 cycle ba...

However by doing ivf, the egg will be fertilized before transferring back to Ur Missus.. N u will also be able to know the quality of the egg.. So many factors will be taken care n after transfer.. I will say we just have to leave it to fate for implantation le.. N of cos.. The cost factor is a lot higher...

lil ponyo: so nice that Ur company is so supportive to you.. I still considering hard if I should tell my superior though she is a lady... Worried that she might tell others or not happy of frequent leaves.. I got a scan on Monday morning then Suddenly got a event to help up.. I still thinking how take leave lo.. Sure kena jialat jialat.... Haiz...

Hi sisters,
May I ask if it's necessary to take 600mg coq10 each day? I read online and this is the recommended dosage. Currently I am taking conceive well gold and I saw tat it contains only 60mg of coq 10. Frankly speaking,the Smell of the tablet makes me nausea everytime
sad.gif

Saralyn & Dian tang: congrats .... Feel sooo happy for u...

Min81, how ur consultant with Dr Su??? I been v busy for the past 2 weeks & miss out alot of postings ...

Laki, wat stage are u now???

@ Baby,

Dr Sadhana said linings, semens all good. So we cant understand why not successful.

Btw, may i ask where are you doing your IUI? And are you paying cash for IUI?

I paid cash for IUI, saving CPF for IVF.

Nitro: same for my case.. So maybe the egg quality not so good ba which we are not able to determine via iui...

I am with Dr Fong Yang.. Ya.. Paying cash for so iui cos the amount is below the grant so I feel better to save that for ivf...

Baby, my work actually involves a lot of traveling and it was becoming a problem for ttc.

So last year, I thought heck it, I'm going to come right out and voice out because it was making me unhappy. I told my boss that I'm not young and I'm having difficulties starting a family. I cannot travel so much anymore and if they can find another position for me with less travel, that will be great. If they can't, since I will not be able to perform my role to 100% as I don't want to travel, I will willingly resign and they can find someone else who can travel and do a better job.

My boss understood and told me that I can be flexible in my travels. In fact, I got promoted! The downside is that the whole company knows I'm ttc and doing ivf but it doesn't really bother me because I'm a pretty open person. Instead, I got more support from my colleagues in return. So sometimes, I think if you don't ask, you don't know.

Duffy bear!! Long time no see! How are you?

Nitro, for IUI, although all elements such as sperm, lining, eggs are good, the successful rate is still not high. This is because there are still so many uncertainties that we can't pinpoint and control such as fertilization, implantation, fertilized egg dividing well, etc.

Therefore with IVF, everything up to the point of fertilization is manually controlled. So that takes a lot of uncertainties and guess work out of the process. The only thing left to nature and fate is implantation. Hence the success rate is higher, especially if you and your wife are younger.

Personally, I failed 3 IUI and finally succeeded with IVF. During all IUIs, everything was good, egg good, lining good, etc. but just not successful. Hope this helps.

Back