IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Also why dun u take a blood test? U will know results soon and you can stop Duphaston if it is negative. At least u can start a new cycle after tt

Pixie... Try not to think about bad things... Easier said than done, i know.... But it will all change when you hear the heartbeat for the first time.

I've been trying for ard 1.5yrs also..I was also preparing myself that we might be childless even with all the treatment.

Pardon me.. But I feel it's a matter of fate also..
Just keep trying and don't give up cos u dunno when that fate will come..

Wei1984, I have spottings 10th and 11th dpiui. Again on 13th and 14th. Today, it is signs of AF. 5 more days of Duphaston. Nurses and my mother are of the view that one can still be pregnant whilst in that condition but what is the chances having failed to conceive for the past 2 years?
there is still chance... recently my property agent just have a baby boy. his wife and him try for 10yrs...
hope is not lost!!

maybe you can change gynae?

I'm married for 7 years before I had my number #1 naturally and I was already in my early 30s. I actually made appt for IVF and was due for first appt before I postponed the appt for one week just to confirm. So don't lose hope and don't stress yourself.

Thanks for the encouragement... Will persevere on this ttc journey. Just collected the meds for my next SO-IUI cycle.... My current gynae is very aggressive with infertility issues, so I actually like her approach as I am very kan cheong...

Thanks for the encouragement... Will persevere on this ttc journey. Just collected the meds for my next SO-IUI cycle.... My current gynae is very aggressive with infertility issues, so I actually like her approach as I am very kan cheong...
ya, aggressive is good. clock is ticking and we never have enough time.. wait for 2WW, wait for ovulation day, wait here and there, next moment duno how long pass liao

Exactly and i worry that as both me and hubby age, our fertility drops even more esp with stress from work, ttc, family etc...

Hubby doesn't like her tho cos he finds her too aggressive and businesslike

Thank you girls, I should have joined this forum earlier. Every AF, my hubby will bear the brunt. Hopefully and I think I can keep calm today.

How do you all respond to relatives who love asking you if you have good news for them?

Llouise, hang in there!!! Wld you consider changing gynae cos alot of girls on this forum go for back to back SO-IUI. why is he making you rest for 2 months? You are so patient. I think 2 mths will drive me mad!!!

Uh when relatives asked tt when i was ttc-ing #1, i just said sth vague like "we will see how it goes" n make some excuse and leave there lor

My gynae operated on me earlier and has quite high success rate. Will stick with him for now.

Yes, 2 months are long... and CNY is coming....

Oh mayb tt's why the 2 months cos of the op so cannot push u too much...

I know... CNY is the worst... Days after days of qns n looks at ur stomach....

Thank you girls, I should have joined this forum earlier. Every AF, my hubby will bear the brunt. Hopefully and I think I can keep calm today.

How do you all respond to relatives who love asking you if you have good news for them?
i always reply when the sperm meet the egg then will pregnant lo..
if they want good news, then pray harder for me la.. if they never pray hard enough, how i going to be pregnant... LOL~

Yes, feel very upset at times especially i am already married for 5 yrs and his relatives think I have a problem..

Sometimes don't feel like going to see them at gatherings but very hard. Somemore my hubby has a big family.. Both side has around 50 members.. Give ang POWs until hands shaking.. Ha

Sometimes feel like why they so KPO..and every time they like staring at your tummy thinking if you are pregnant but I think chinese r like that.. Telling them we are trying all the time.

Yeah... Chinese relatives are like tt... Jeannie and Pixie, you will be getting lots of childbirth and child raising advice next CNY

wow today is really active in here.

From a guy side, there are times i really feel sucky too as in where is the fault, is it me because of age, unhealthy habits etc, sometimes i get angry with my mrs, but the moment i am in that cycle, it reminds me tccing needs 2 to work and my mrs had been suffering and undergoing more than myself with all the jabs and trips to kkh. have to admit since our marriage there was no intention to have kids for at least the first 2 years but when the 3rd yr hits, that's where i start to panic, so in fact we been trying hard for say hahahaha 6-7 mths but naturally had been more than a couple of disappointment and for iui is 1st try was down the drain too.

Is a hard journey but if we keep the mind to it maybe, maybe one day we will hit the jackpot. till then really have to life as per norm. ignore those people who ask cos is part of the "married" life cycle, lucky my mum is pretty understanding stating no children mean no own any one debts in terms of karma, neither does she adds pressure. Even my mrs sometimes says she feel bad i told her take it easy such things cannot rush. But hurt will come espically when u see one siblings having cute cubby baby hahaha.

Thus to all tccing let's hope all is well for us, blessing to all of us trying! and to those who strike jackpot, blessing and safe and healthy journey with you little one!

I think my IUI is unsuccesful. Still on Duphaston. Maybe I will stop when AF looks real.

Tough journey, nothing seems to be able to cheer me up anymore. Been avoiding friends esp those with babies. So painful heading to work each day, 2 childcare along the way. Why me.... How do I persevere? How to cope with repetitive disappointment?

hi LLouise,
I totally understand how you feel, I have such experience before and may be worse than what u experiencing now.. totally feel like isolated from friends. Try to find someone that you are really close and talk about it. Dont just keep everything to yrself. Slowly you will let go of it..

Dont give up so easily. I have been trying too :)

I went for IUI procedure last week at KK hospital and hopefully there is good news. Been trying for so many years.. anyone done their IUI last wk too? :)

Hi everyone, I have been reading this forum and posted a few times. I tried ttc for more than a year and got nothing.... However, I want to encourage everyone that I got my BFP on my first IUI and I'm over 35.

I would like to share some of the things that I did. Not sure if they contributed to the BFP but if they suit you, you can try out.
During my ttc days, I took Blackmore's Conceived well gold and folic acid. I took them for more than a year. I also went for acupuncture and took tcm med. Though I did not go regularly, but I believe acupuncture helped me especially during my IUI 2WW.

As my body is considered cold type, my tcm asked me to drink red date wolf berry tea. I boiled them and drank 1 cup a day. I try to stop eating cold stuff, and drank warm water and keep my body warm as I always have cold hands and feet. I also stop eating toufu and soy produce as I read that it is not good for ttc. I also ate more alkaline food eg veggies and avoid acidic food. I tried taking Maca too, a kind of supplement to increase egg quality but I only took it for a week.

Before my IUI, around CD 12-13, I start drinking raspberry LEAF tea (must be the LEAF) to increase the lining. My lining was 9mm which was good according to the gynae. I also ate 1 egg white a day (fried, boiled....) to increase egg size. My egg size was very small during my first scanning at CD12 but it increased a lot when I did my scanning at CD15. I did my IUI at CD 17. After IUI, I went back to do acupuncture 3 times during the 2WW. My tcm arranged for the appointments. She also asked me to eat egg whites again, so I ate 1 egg white a day from 1dpiui to 14dpiui. I tried to test ard 13-15dpiui but got a BFNs. I thought AF is coming as I had all the AF symptoms, but no implantation bleeding. So I waited for AF for almost a week. Just as I wanted to take med to induce my menses, I tried testing again just in case and I got BFP! So, don't give up until AF reports!

I hope everyone will get your BFP and don't give up! Baby dust to everyone!

Congrat cantabile and gd luck to forumbb and WJZKEV... Here's hoping you have some gd news to share with us soon...

For all the rest of us, let's keep working hard...

Cantabile, mind sharing the name of your tcm? I may want emergency appt as my next SO-IUI shld be sometime before national day... Just starting my course of Femara on CD2 now... Does ur tcm make u take chinese med cos I am not gd with herbal things. Accupuncture i can handle.

Congrat cantabile and gd luck to forumbb and WJZKEV... Here's hoping you have some gd news to share with us soon...

For all the rest of us, let's keep working hard...

Cantabile, mind sharing the name of your tcm? I may want emergency appt as my next SO-IUI shld be sometime before national day... Just starting my course of Femara on CD2 now... Does ur tcm make u take chinese med cos I am not gd with herbal things. Accupuncture i can handle.

Hi Wei1984, my tcm is Dr Zou Yumin from AMK. You can search for her, she was mentioned several times in the forum. I took her med but before and after iui, she didn't prescribe me any. Her clinic is busy and sometimes she says very little unless you asked her questions, some people might want a talkative doc. I'm fine with her though.
All the best!

Wah.....just a month not active in this forum and I read there are 2 successful pregnancies! (Might be more...hehehe) Congrats to everyone that has a BFP. I pray that your pregnancy will be a smooth one and will give birth to a healthy baby.

As for those that were not successful, dont be disheartened k. *hugs* I am married for 12 years and trying for 11 years. Up till now childless. Only last year did I decide to try ART. So far unsuccessful. But life still goes on. At least, its a consolation for me that I am with a man that I love and he too loves me.

Today is my Day12 scan. Not good news. Follicle size only 9,10 and 11 mm respectively. Seeing dr again on Monday. Only hope for the best then. If still not of good size, see what is the next cause of action advice by dr.

@WJZKEV Hehehe....if only its that simple. But I dont think so lah. If this cycle not growing, that means abandon liao. Have to try again next cycle and I hv a feeling, it will be with jab. But I wont know lah. See this Monday what is the outcome.

@ ann, our case, 2 was growing till 15 then decided to go on strike, shitty right, then the other side started to grow but not fast so IUI up the dosage. Dun know about this time also because it seems only 1 chance .. abit dejected about that thought.

@WJZKEV I would be lying if I told you I dont feel sianz....lol. All these very unpredictable one. At least, do console yourselves that you have tried. The rest is God's will.

Wah.....just a month not active in this forum and I read there are 2 successful pregnancies! (Might be more...hehehe) Congrats to everyone that has a BFP. I pray that your pregnancy will be a smooth one and will give birth to a healthy baby.

As for those that were not successful, dont be disheartened k. *hugs* I am married for 12 years and trying for 11 years. Up till now childless. Only last year did I decide to try ART. So far unsuccessful. But life still goes on. At least, its a consolation for me that I am with a man that I love and he too loves me.

Today is my Day12 scan. Not good news. Follicle size only 9,10 and 11 mm respectively. Seeing dr again on Monday. Only hope for the best then. If still not of good size, see what is the next cause of action advice by dr.

try eating egg white...or google for food to increase egg size. Mine grew from 12mm to 20mm within a few days after eating egg white All the best!

I cannot remember most of hubby's figures but i remember morphology or normal was only 3%... Gynae said not great numbers but gd enuff for iui... U shld def ask ur gynae

Yes, do check with your gynae.

If quantity is low, eat vitamin E. If quality is not that good, eat zinc. That's what my gynaes said.

With my current gynae, my poor husband ate total 4 types of supplements everyday. I think his morphology is 2% and my gynae said is fine.

I have a friend whose husband count is good but quality not that good and he ate zinc. No need IUI. But have to try 3 times during ovulation period. Night of Day 1 and morning and night of Day 2. And I think they did conceive within 4 months.

But still, do check with your gynae.

Hi all,

I'm pregnant on my first SO-IUI but the doctor cannot see a baby in two times ultrasound of 6 weeks and almost 7 weeks. I'm too worried and doctor accidentally spoke it can be miscarriage. But other than that, he didn't explain me anything though I asked many. He asked me to wait another two weeks and come back for another US.

Can you recommend any female gynae who is kind and a bit talkative? My current gynae is male, he is good, skillful and very kind, but he didn't talk much. Sometimes I dunno what to ask because I dunno what is happening to me.

Any of you encounter such problem?

Try not to worry too much... My gynae for #1 is Dr Geraldine Tan. She is very nice and reassuring. She is also very bubbly and happy. However, her equipment isn't really that great and she is not a fertility expert so I didn't do my IUI with her. My IUI doc has really state of the art equipment which might be good in your case. However, she can be a bit matter of fact and not that nice. She is Dr Ann Tan.

Hi all,

I'm pregnant on my first SO-IUI but the doctor cannot see a baby in two times ultrasound of 6 weeks and almost 7 weeks. I'm too worried and doctor accidentally spoke it can be miscarriage. But other than that, he didn't explain me anything though I asked many. He asked me to wait another two weeks and come back for another US.

Can you recommend any female gynae who is kind and a bit talkative? My current gynae is male, he is good, skillful and very kind, but he didn't talk much. Sometimes I dunno what to ask because I dunno what is happening to me.

Any of you encounter such problem?

Sometimes dr don't explain much because he don't want to make U stress n worry. It's not conclusive till the final scan so he don't want to explain so much. Yes if by 7 week no heartbeat things are not looking good but U never know some may show good news a week later. Just be mentally prepare for the worse but hope for the best.

Just remembered sth... Jeannie, Pixie... How long after the trigger/HCG shot was the IUI done? My last one was 36 hrs... Just wanted to know if other timings may b better

Hmm, also about 36 hours for me..I leave it to my gynae to do the calculation.

My first cycle of SO, we tried natural but didn't work so this 2nd cycle is considered my first SO-IUI. The first 2 IUIs that I did were when i'm on clomid so there is no HCG shot.

Hi, I'm a silent reader since trying to conceive 2 yrs ago. I decided to broke silence today to share my journey here. Similarly to some couple here, we tried naturally and wish to hit the jackpot one day.

Please bear with me, story a bit long...

The journey is not as smooth as we thought. Then we decided to go for fertility checkup. My tubes is unblock, able to ovulate and everything seems normal except I have a retroverted uterus. While my hubby's sperm morphology is a bit lower than average range 4%, very low amount of fast speed swimmer. Doctor prescribed Carnipure for my hubby to helps improve sperm quality and encourage us to try naturally for few months.

After 6 months of failure, we changed to another private gynae, one of the famous fertility doc. He suggested us to go for SO-IUI instead of IVF. Before seeing him we were preparing for IVF so that can strike faster. Was very frustrated when you try for so long and it still fails!

Doc did go through our previous test result and mentioned that my hubby sperm is normal not much issue. Juz lack of fast speed swimmer and some odd shape sperm. His encouraging words and positive attitude makes us felt very comfortable and have faith in his magic hand!

The miserable TWW almost drive me crazy, every night I pray to God, google for the Implantation and preggy symptoms and etc. I was so stress! Lucky to found this forum, feel like I'm not alone in the war. Ladies in this forum always being so strong to fight for future that remind me do not give up easily!

Finally, God hear us! A great miracle happened! The pregnancy test kit show a very faint double line! Test again 2 days later, darker double line! I'm very thankful to meet my current fertility doctor. His is very experience, confident and good in So-iui treatment. I'm 13week++ now.

Last, baby dust to all of the ladies here, do not give up! Jia you!
Hi, Skinnykoco. Congratulations! I am also a silent reader here but i'm new here as well. Glad that I found this forum. I hv same problem with yours too. It's only tht I'm not yet lucky to successfully conceive yet. Unexplained fertility, I don't know what is wrong. I have a small fibroid but doctor said its ok. Failed my 1st fresh cycle of IVF last week @ KKIVF. Sad & don't know what to do. I was thinking should I change doctor? I'm lost..

I'm sad to share the doctor confirmed my case as miscarriage after Saturday ultrasound. :( He asked me if I could want to take pill to induce it or wait for natural. I opt for natural but now I'm so scared thinking of how it will be going to happen.
Can anyone share me the experience/ knowledge of miscarriage? How does it happen?

Back