IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Haa yup . .
happy.gif

Hi ladies, im new to this forum.. would kike to know the procedure of iui and cost.. I have done fertility chk before at nuh last yr. Been seeing tcm till now, had a mc and trying again.. thinking for iui option. Anyone doing at nuh? (As is nearer to my hse n I have done my fertility chk there before, prev I was refereed through poly). Hows the cost like? Thanks!

@ydia: i did it with kk, but i think it should be cheaper in nuh? not sure. And i heard that if you go through poly route, you get subsidy as well. But i didn't go through poly. At kk the cost of so-iui for me more than 1.5k because of the injectibles. The medicine is the killer.

Good luck ttc-ing.

Ladies, so my test came back positive, i am officially pregnant! now cross finger for the first ultra scans. I really hope from the bottom of my heart that all of you ladies will be succeed with your IUI as well!

Cleo, congrats! You certainly have boost the morale of all of us who are doing iui here! Have a smooth 9months ahead!

Just did my iui. . Feels all right and pretty fast process. In my 2wws now. Hope I can be as lucky as you and catch some of your bb dust!

cleo: CONGRATS!!! *envy*...

My scan didnt go well.. =(

Follicle doesnt seems to grow... at cd10 the biggest is only 11.6mm... So gyane say try another 3 more days of jab, increase dose from 150iu to 225iu... so hoping monday go scan, can see growth in the follicle..

Gyane ask me go ivf if this cycle didnt turn out well cuz my ovary are so resistance.. so sad... =`(

Yours only 1.5k, mine just along the jabs and consultation and scan already $2.5k le lo... cuz i need very high dose of jabs... haiz...

Anyway, good luck to those who are going for e iui... hope to hear good news from u girls!! =)

@VaNiLLa: actually more than 1.5k la, but i didn't really count. But i agree the medicine is the killer. I did it at KK, i think they use Puregon. I swear by it. Both Puregon and Pregnyl is like miracle medicine. I didn't ovulate on my own for the past 2 years, and with Puregon and Pregnyl, Bam!

I am not sure about Gonal F, i read somewhere that the chance for Gonal F to get to pregnancy is higher than Puregon, is just that Puregon give you higher estrogen. I seriously have no idea what is that. But 225iu is clearly a lot. I hope your follicle respond to it. Don't worry as long as the follicle has some growing, they will not cancel the cycle. Cause at KK the Medical Officer said as long as my follicle still growing (slow) they still increase the dosage (with some pocket damage). Hope the best for you!

@gnissim23: It depends, when a lot of people are the same cycle with you, they will go scans at the same day with you also. But to beat all the crowd and queue, i used to reach there around 7.40 am. 20 mins before it starts (also want to beat the erp lol) so my queue no always small.

About the gynae before iui, some people go through polyclinic, so i think they skip the gynae, and they get subsidized price also. (i didn't know about that earlier). If you go through a gynae first like me, the process is very long, cause this dr Khong, ask me to do a lot of test to ruled out everything before finally send me for so-iui. Test is ok, but every 1 test, you need to be in your period first and to get the result they make appointment like 2 weeks after that, so in the end, took you so many cycle before finally can go IUI (my initial goal) or maybe that is just me and how dr Khong do stuff.

Don't know if it helps, i start to eat 1 hard boiled egg daily and some multivitamin, my hubby eat the egg too, and sometime half boiled if my timming is good lol and eat ace max supplement 2 months before the iui. That one actually suggest by dr Khong. I think it helps with the motility and morphology of the sperm (or maybe its in your head only i don't know, worth the try)

And good luck Yukimi, the 2ww is a long long journey, much rest and don't think too much.

yukimi: thanks.. Really hope it will grow lo.. Now instead of baby dust i needs lots of follicle dust lo., haha.. =D

cleo: hopefully lo.. this is the 2nd time i do the jab.. 1st time i did a 75iu from cd2-6. then 159iu for the next 6 days. then stop as gyane say no point, then follow by a 4 days later scan at cd17 and there a 18mm and 16mm follicle on my right ovary.

So really hoping this time it is gonna be the same.. Hope that i'm jus responding slow to the medication... If not all my money will go down the drain le... so demoralizing heartbreaking...

Sprinkle *follicle dust* on me ba!! haha... Uodate u girls when i go for my scan on monday.. haha... hope its good news... =D

@VaNiLLa: what happen with your first jab cycle? cancelled? 18mm and 16mm is quite good.

Hopefully, because my follicles also slow respoding too. But my highest dosage is 150iu for 4 days after that stop until the trigger shot. They scared to many small follicles will mature also. I think my biggest follicle only around 18mm maybe. (the last scan actually 15mm and follow by 150iu x2 days).

Yes follicle dust for you!

It's a torturing last 3 days of the 2ww. Tuesday is my blood test how I wish I also have good news to share.
I been taking my bbt too.temp is still high praying very hard for everything to be alrite.

All the best ladies

cleo: 1st cycle of jab , i did O and try naturally. No IUI cuz i wanted to try naturally. But nv strike.. haha...

Anyway, today i went for another round of scan. Right side got many follicles growing Biggest measure at 16mm,13mm and 12mm. Others ranging 8mm-11mm, think so, can't rmb e small one only rmb e big one.. haha..

As for left side, only got 1 biggest at 11.6mm. LOL.. My gyane calls it the lazy ovary.. haha.. I have to agree.. Only my right side one i working hard..

Then gyane say jab another 2 more days of 225iu and see how.

He is concern about having 3 eggs. Me and hubby also quite concern about if 3 eggs is all going to mature then fainted.

Sometimes, i feel very jia lat. lol.. Grow also worried, nv grow also worried.. lol..

1st jab cycle:
CD2-6: 75iu
CD7-9: 150iu
CD10-12: 150iu

Went to scan at CD12 and not much growth.. Gyane not giving any more jabs just say come back and scan 4 days later and see how.

Went back on CD16 and had 18mm and 16mm follicle on right side. Then proceed to try naturally.

Today went to scan and i see many follicles i damn scare sia.. I scare if stimulate too many follicles then gyane will cancel the cycle de lo. I have already put in so much efforts and money for this cycle and if too many follicles stimulated i'll cry lo... =`(

Hoping that the 2 leading follicles will grow and mature on wed. So we can have the trigger shot.... and prepare for iui.. =D

alimgirl: All the best to you blood test.. Come back and spread some baby dust to us... =D

Vanilla that's good news! Your follicles are growing well on the right side. No worries Is like that. My right ovary is more active as well. Follicles on the left ovary remains small throughout the scan. All the best for your next scan! Lotsa follicle dust hugz!

Alimgirl: Bb dust to u! Hope to hear good news from you tml!

Anyone in the 2wws wait now? Really a long journey hor. I'm only 3dpiui. Dun feel anything from the duphaston except sensitive nipple :p, occasional cramping. How about the rest?

yukimi: Yup.. at least there are 1 big follicle.. Haha... high five.. lol..

thanks babe.. will update u girls again when i go for my scan on wed... =)

@VaNiLLa: good luck on wednesday scan. Me too right ovary responding well compare to left. Even though we jab alternate site lol. I think your follicles still ok, I also have a lot small follicles too. But then i have not go for scans yet. Maybe end of this month or early may, so like that can see fetal pole and hb. I myself still crossing my finger for my pregnancy viability >.<

@alimgirl: Good luck for tomorrow test! so how many days post IUI for you? i test HPT on 15dpiui and got positive. The symptoms is very bloating pain. Do you have any symptoms so far?

@Yukimi: 2ww yup... long journey, probably what you feel is the hcg from the trigger shot, it will gradually go away.

I wish you all of you baby dust, IUI dust, beta hcg dust as well!

cleo: finger crossed for u... I jus jab.. haha.. tdy kinda pain.. dont know why... lol... tho already use ice to numb le... haha...

Ard 6-7 weeks can hear hb le.. muz be looking very forward right? haha..

Congrats on yr BFP Cleodux! May it be a sticky, healthy pregnancy for u!

I just had my IUI done ytd, was a bit shocked that the doc administering the IUI was not Dr HH Tan, but I guess it's a very simple procedure which he has delegated to someone else.

So the summary of my cycle is:

CD2 to CD7
- start Puregon injections @ 75IU

CD7
- follicle scan @ 11.5mm, 8mm, 8mm
- Puregon increased to 100IU

CD9
- follicle scan @ 15mm, 8mm, 8mm
- one single cartridge 100IU Puregon shot administered by nurse
- -ve OPK
- to continue use 100IU Puregon until +ve OPK detected.

CD10
- -ve OPK

CD11
- +ve OPK
- Pregnyl shot done at KKH 24-hour O&amp;G clinic in morning

CD12
- IUI
- Dydrogesterone prescribed for the next 19 days

Going into the 2ww now. Should this cycle fail, we shall proceed to IVF as I am 35 and can't afford to waste anymore time.

@ Vanilla, your follicle looks very encouraging! Am sure you are in good hands, don't give yourself so much pressure, the TTC process is nerve-wrecking as it is. Like you said, there are so many things we can worry about, we are already being put through physical pain with all the injections, go easy on the mental torture ok?
happy.gif

@Yukimi, today is 1dpiui for me, I am experiencing constant mild cramping and had diarrhoea yesterday. I have also been having bad case of acne, wonder if it's caused by the Puregon shots...

Hi ladies,

Cleo, congrats!

My AF reported so the 2nd iui is not successful. Got to discuss with my hubby if we want to do something else other than iui.

All the best to all of you!

Hi ladies,

I jus tested positive on my OPK this afternoon at 2.30pm.

I called the clinic and went down for a scan. Its confirm that my right side have a 21mm, 18mm follicles, there are some others i thk theres one at 16mm too..

I'm quite worried. As in i scare all release at one go. Any idea if the 16mm will also release after the trigger shot?

I am schedule for IUI on thrus. As i have not get the blood test done for the IUI, i cannot proceed with IUI. Tml the blood test will be out and thrus morning, 830am hubby has to be there with the sample for washing.

Think the IUI i'll be around 1030-11am ba..

I've taken the trigger shot. Pregnyl 5000..

One side i am hoping that the egg can wait till thrus den rupture then another side i hope tat only 1 egg will be released...

@ jo yup mine was not performed by dr tan Hh as well. He only do ivf unless you requested for him to do iui and he is free that time. All the best for our 2wws and hope we catch some of Cleo's bb dust!

@julie jiayou julie! Stay strong! Ttc is nv easy for us although it seem easy for some of them. We have to believe that god will bless us with our long awaited bb one day. May consider ivf as the next option as it has higher success rate?

Cleo just curious did you get any implantation bleeding for this cycle? Read quite a lot about this. Just wondering whether is true.

@VaNiLLa: Yes, the pregnyl shot is pretty painful, i am guessing because it was 5000iu lol. Good luck on your IUI, remember to bd on the night of the first day as well.

@jo78: Thank you, i hope you also got bfp like me. 2 ww is a long journey. keep thinking positive thought
happy.gif

@Julie Ng: Thank you, don't be so demotivated. Did your iui is injectibles or clomid? i guess timing is important in iui. Yes, maybe you can consider ivf, because success rate is higher than iui/so-iui. I hope next ttc will be a success to you and hubby.

@Yukimi: I don't have implantation bleeding, maybe because of the progesterone pill. But with my first i also never got implantation bleeding. But i did have spotting on and off for a few days with my first before i realized i am pregnant that time.(turned out my progesterone level is low)

Cleo: haha.. Actually, I don't feel much leh.. I am so terrified cuz u girls said its very painful.. Maybe because the nurse did a good job? Haha..

Bd in 1sr day means? I'll be doing my iui tml. Meaning to bd tml also or fri?

hi all, i did iui 1mth+ ago. prof wong say can bd the next day and so we did. its advisable to bd the next day if possible as the egg will be ard for 24-36 hours? pls do not bd the day before iui as u need to ensure fresh sperms (abstain for 2-6 days) for iui.

I feel, i feel more hurt than the puregon pen, don't know how the nurse manager shot me, but it kinda hurt lol.

@VaNiLLa: bd on the same day as your iui. So if your iui in the morning, that night can bd or the next morning, or both. That was the MO (the one who did the iui) told me. The attending doctors who oversee my scan progress, decided my iui day (i was still -ve opk just very slight line) My iui was on wednesday, she asked me to bd on sunday night (to release build up sperm) monday night i went for the pregnyl shot. So my iui was done around 36-38 hours after pregnyl. I also believe i ovulate around that time.

@twinkletotz: as far as i know, clomid doesn't have any concern side effect, my self only got some bad headache and slight cram around ovaries area (high dosage)

Cleodux: thks for the info. I have delayed my iui for 2 cycles due to lack of courage. My gynae ask me to take 50mg clomid from day 3 to day 7. But my clomid still in my drawer lor. :p

@twinkletotz: may i know why your gynae prescribed you clomid? is it because you can not ovulate on your own? clomid helps, but some women are not responding to clomid. So they went for SO-IUI(super ovulation IUI) basically injectables, like ifv, to force the follicles to grow.

Some use clomid without iui as well. Don't be discourage, our biology clock is ticking
happy.gif
and don't you feel to see all around us get pregnant left and right. That happen to me lol. I swear that all around me either get pregnant immediately right after their marriage, or they have 2nd child, the 1st child is younger than my son lol.

And some of them doesn't want to have more baby after their first, even if they are healthy and able to conceive easily.

Cleodux: I can ovulate. My gynae want me to take clomid to boost up my egg quality. My hsg n sonogram results normal but my hubby morphology not gd tat why my gynae suggest iui.

Ya I agree tat everyone around me get pregnant so easily. Now among friends, I am the only one left without baby.

I am so pessimistic about iui. Haiz ok I need to pick up courage to do it for the coming cycle which is soon.
happy.gif

@twinkletotz: iui can work wonder! did your gynae suggest supplement for your hubby as well? to boost the sperm quality. My husband eat ace max bought from kk pharmacy, and i give him soft/hard boiled egg almost daily lol. Our first baby i even feed him grilled eel lol (those unagi japanese type). I heard is good if you want a boy.

Good luck ttc-ing!

Cleodux: yes he took tribestan and vitamin e as recommended by gynae. He takes chinese medicine now. Din noe eel is gd for conceiving boy. Haha.

I will update here when I start my iui journey. Cross my finger that I dun chicken out this time round when my av arrive. Lol

Yukimi: thanks girl...

So today is considered my 1dpiui? Haha... I usually will feel the o cramp de. But I thk maybe I in e midnight.. Haha.. So sad and makes me wonder if I really O or not cuz I don't feel the cramp.

And my temp doesn't seems to rise leh.. Maybe ytd I take at 7am, I usually take at 8am. Ytd and tdy temp same same leh.. Tot should have a rise in temp if I o ytd?

Twinkle: good luck too!!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I only have one 18mm follicle as scan today on cd11, dr give trigger shot n schedule iui tomorrow . This is my third iui but first with puregon. Need a lot a lot a lot of baby dust pls.
Vanilla , I'm two days after you. Hope all of us success!

Morebb: yup.. I need lots of baby dust as well!!! Haha....

Hope that all of us will graduate and join the JAN 2014 thread!!! Haha..

Any idea how long will the pregnyl trigger shot stay in ur system?
happy.gif

Vanilla, I think abt 10 days. Dr schedule blood n urine test on day16 post iui. U? Dare not to test myself earlier scare false positive fr the trigger shot

Morebb: I thk mine don't need 10 days.. At most 5 days after e trigger shot already no more Liao. Today is the 3rd day after e trigger shot, I tested this morning the line already become very faint le.. Haha.. Think my body likes the Hcg and eat it very fast.. Haha..

I wasn't schedule for any blood test. I was prescribed duhasptan to start on 24/04, 1 tablet in the morning and 1 at night. I was schedule to go back to Gyane 2 weeks later. I won't go for the blood test even if Gyane scheduled me for it as I thk it is a waste of money unless I tested pos on urine test.

I'll be testing everyday.. Haha.. Also don't jnow when I'll see the second line again.. Haha.. Enjoy when I can.. LOL.. =D

Ok.. Today is the 2dpiui.. Aiyo.. I felt like many days Liao leh.. Lol... But only 2dpiui.. Haha...

Rooting for everyone!!! We can all graduate and join the jan 2014 thread!! =D

Vanilla where r u doing your iui? In kkh, they will always schedule beta test at about 17 or 18 dpiui. Wah you are testing your hcg everyday? Using a strip? I don't dare to test haa.

Yukimi: I did is with dr Benjamin Tham at tmc.

He nb schedule me for any blood test only Ask me to back see him 2 weeks later.

Haha.. Ok.. My wrong.. I mean I'll test till the trigger shot become neg. den don't test le.. Thk these few days testing the trigger shot became so stressful.. Haha.. Maybe not going test till about 10dpiui? Haha.. Think by Monday e trigger shot will be neg le.. Haha.. =D

Back