IUI procedures in SG

Ean1231

Hi, I have been trying to conceive about 2yrs and would like to get some advise here as I am a foreigner and also a first time to try for IUI scheduled tomorrow.
I am currently seeing one of a doctor from TMC who suggested me and my husband to go for IUI. Today is my CD14 so I visited clinic for ultrasound. During registration the nurse asked me if i have done my ovulation test kit. I told her that I have done it this afternoon and was positive. After that I was told that I do not need to see the doctor but can go straight for IUI tomorrow since the ovulation kit has shown positive. I insisted to see a doctor first but the doctor also said that don’t need to waste money on ultrasound scan because the test kit has shown positive. I ended up didn’t scan and left the clinic.
I understand that the doctor is nice enough to let us save money but from what I know and heard from doctors in my country always say that the ovulation test kit is just a supplement and cannot be trusted 100%. so I was wondering if it’s very normal to go for IUI with a result of ovulation kit instead of ultrasound scan in SIngapore.

Hi, I have been trying to conceive about 2yrs and would like to get some advise here as I am a foreigner and also a first time to try for IUI scheduled tomorrow.
I am currently seeing one of a doctor from TMC who suggested me and my husband to go for IUI. Today is my CD14 so I visited clinic for ultrasound. During registration the nurse asked me if i have done my ovulation test kit. I told her that I have done it this afternoon and was positive. After that I was told that I do not need to see the doctor but can go straight for IUI tomorrow since the ovulation kit has shown positive. I insisted to see a doctor first but the doctor also said that don’t need to waste money on ultrasound scan because the test kit has shown positive. I ended up didn’t scan and left the clinic.
I understand that the doctor is nice enough to let us save money but from what I know and heard from doctors in my country always say that the ovulation test kit is just a supplement and cannot be trusted 100%. so I was wondering if it’s very normal to go for IUI with a result of ovulation kit instead of ultrasound scan in SIngapore.

I would like to share my experience. In Jan 21 I tested clearblue ovulation kit before I visit clinic. It showed high but not peak yet. So I told doc I did a test and it’s high. We proceed to ultrasound vaginal scan. From the scan we found out that the follicle is only size of 7mm (CD17) which is not mature enough.

Side note: I was on letrozole on that cycle.

Sometimes only from blood test n scan we can tell if the follicle is mature and hormone level is at optimal.

So we cancel the cycle and we change protocol to do so-IUI (letrozole and puregon 75iu) and we manage to get 1 mature size. Unfortunately soIUI wasn’t successful cycle.

I would like to share my experience. In Jan 21 I tested clearblue ovulation kit before I visit clinic. It showed high but not peak yet. So I told doc I did a test and it’s high. We proceed to ultrasound vaginal scan. From the scan we found out that the follicle is only size of 7mm (CD17) which is not mature enough.

Side note: I was on letrozole on that cycle.

Sometimes only from blood test n scan we can tell if the follicle is mature and hormone level is at optimal.

So we cancel the cycle and we change protocol to do so-IUI (letrozole and puregon 75iu) and we manage to get 1 mature size. Unfortunately soIUI wasn’t successful cycle.

Hi, BusyBeeEve. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience :)

Just had my first IUI. Did scan on CD9 and CD13 to monitor follicle growth. Follicle was 17mm on CD13. Doc prescribed trigger shot and instructed me only to take it if CD14 clear blue test is negative. If clearblue is positive then we would have to abandon this cycle, because best IUI day would be Sunday and clinic is closed. Luckily it was negative on CD14, so I had trigger shot on CD14 and IUI on CD16. I did clearblue tests at home because it’s cheaper. So for my case it’s a combination of both follicle size monitoring and ovulation test.

Just had my first IUI. Did scan on CD9 and CD13 to monitor follicle growth. Follicle was 17mm on CD13. Doc prescribed trigger shot and instructed me only to take it if CD14 clear blue test is negative. If clearblue is positive then we would have to abandon this cycle, because best IUI day would be Sunday and clinic is closed. Luckily it was negative on CD14, so I had trigger shot on CD14 and IUI on CD16. I did clearblue tests at home because it’s cheaper. So for my case it’s a combination of both follicle size monitoring and ovulation test.
Hi, may i know what are the symptoms you get during the tww?

Hi how was ur first IUI?

Back