Is Pregnancy really that torturing?

Im not sure if im pregnant if i am, im only 4 days pregnant. but i felt very tired, have headaches and toothaches..is being pregnant really that torturing?

If u r pregnant, congratulations to u.
everyone has different body constitutions. I have frens who nvr suffer from morning sickness and their pregnancies were a breeze.
While others like me suffer under the hands of morning sickness and many different kinds of pregnancy symptoms...back ache, fatigue, nose bleed, water retention, leg cramps, insomnia to name a few. Most of them will only go away after giving birth.
If u love kids then the thot of seeing ur healthy child will make everything worthwhile.

Congrats!!! :)
My 1st pregnancy was a breeze, no morning sickness whatsoever except for a bit of water retention towards the end of pregnancy. But with my 2nd pregnancy, morning sickness was bad, tiredness, giddiness and gestational diabetes on top of it all. there were so many things I wasn't suppose to eat, it was a torture. But its all worth it and forgotten after I gave birth. :)
As bad as it makes u feel now...enjoy it! I feel tat even with all the pain n inconveniences, it is still a priviledge to be able to carry the baby in our tummy n feel their kicks, hickups n bonding that only we get to experience before the baby was even borned.

Insomina!!! My frens lost 2 due to insomnia. How do you people cope?
After first one do u pple still feel like having one more?
Anyone has vaginal pain?

So far my 1st 2 preg also been smooth, other den the tireness during 1st tri, everything went smoothly. 3rd preg experience morning sickness during 1st trimester, belly bigger heavier, getting fatter.. IMO, its a joy to see them grow, thou the most tiring process is to coach them and not during the 10 mths of pregnancy. Hehe.

Vaginal pain u mean during pregnancy, during delivery, or after delivery? Everyone threshold is really different as all the other mummies has commented :)

Congrats to u if ur preg! Its a blessing and a great journey to start on in life :) Its a blessed Gift...

First of all, congratulations. And don't worry too much. Every pregnancy is different.

My first was a breeze. No vomit except every brushing of teeth made me feel like puking but it's all saliva. I read that it's good to feel nauseous and vomiting, this shows that you are carrying the baby well.

And yes, am still trying for my 2nd after my 1st. You can always opt for painkiller pills if you feel pain down there. Don't worry, I didn't drag myself for the 1st urine after delivery. Still manageable.

Be happy and positive.

i have terrible morning sickness for my pregnancies n i feel n look terrible. i envy and almost hate those women who proclaim they have no morning sickness. but i think it helps to stay positive n look forward to holding a healthy baby. it is all worth it. there are many things that could be worse - miscarriage/baby with abnormality etc. just hang in there and read up on coping w morning sickness... and experiment. it helps to not expect too much from yourself during this period. just take a break n lie down n rest. get a pregnancy pillow.

Wow thanks for all the reply. Wondering if any preggy here works till delivery day? Are your job demanding?
Im prayinh to be preg! Waiting for 5 more days

Wow thanks for all the reply. Wondering if any preggy here works till delivery day? Are your job demanding?
Im prayinh to be preg! Waiting for 5 more days
i was working till i popped. popped on 1 feb 2015 (sunday). was working till friday that week. my job is fairly ok , mentally / intellectually challenging but it's manageable

It's different for everyone. The morning sickness in the first trimester was bad for me. Though I only puked twice, the sick feeling felt like it would last forever. But it got better from the 2nd trimester onwards.

By the way, studies have shown that if you have terrible morning sickness, it may indicate a very healthy pregnancy. So it's good news!!!

Then the next bad phase was confinement for me coz the body was weak and painful...

Im not sure if im pregnant if i am, im only 4 days pregnant. but i felt very tired, have headaches and toothaches..is being pregnant really that torturing?

Hello Congrats to you mummy to be :)

Have you started on folic acids? Would be good to start from the time you r trying to conceive. Well, pregnancy isnt exactly torturing, and how the entire pregnancy goes differs between individuals as other mummies had shared earlier.

I was one of the 'not so fortunate' ones who experienced 'all day' sickness up to the end of my 2nd trimester. It was so bad at one point during the 1st trimester that I lost 7kg in a week and suffered dehydration. Was referred to A&E by GP to be put on drip and observation. Since then, I swore off plain water. I would consume only ribena (slightly sweet) and pocari sweat. Yes, some may say that those contained sweeteners and all but well.. its better than suffering from dehydration.

Gradually when you move into 2nd trimester, you will slowly be able to accept some light snacks like bread, crackers and so on. Those worked well for me, together with Milo. But not too much Milo as I heard it contains caffeine. Everything in moderation :)

Take it a day as it comes. Before you know it, u'll move into 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester... and delivery. Your body will prep you for delivery and caring for your child when the time comes.

yes..for those who have very bad ms during their first trimester,it is really very torturing..
i am one of those who had suffered bad MS during my first trimester.almost went into depression.
basically every moment i need to "hug the toilet bowl" i do not dare to go outside to have meals .
as once food is in,the next moment is out.
My hubby still tells me no need to eat too expensive food,as all will be out :(

anyway,this is just the first trimester.
as you progress to 2nd and 3rd stage,you will feel better and fine.

later when you see your bb is out healthy and smiling at you,
all is worth while .
enjoy your pregnancy:).

Hi All, can share how to cope with all the morning sickness & nausea ? Any of you ended up taking MC frequently? It's really difficult to concentrate at work :( and especially in the 1st trimester most likely you will want to keep your pregnancy discreetly. ..

In the end i wasnt pregnant...this is the first mth i tried conceiving...on ovulation day and i had bad cramps during mense...a long menses...:( will try again.
Not sure y

Hi All, can share how to cope with all the morning sickness & nausea ? Any of you ended up taking MC frequently? It's really difficult to concentrate at work :( and especially in the 1st trimester most likely you will want to keep your pregnancy discreetly. ..

Can ask your gynae to prescribe nausea med for you.my gynae gave me med called pulin.i took about 60pills during my first trimester.i took unpaid leave for 1 month:(

Can ask your gynae to prescribe nausea med for you.my gynae gave me med called pulin.i took about 60pills during my first trimester.i took unpaid leave for 1 month:(

wow.. I'm trying not to take any med if possible. I was given nausea med which say would caused drowsiness... how am I supposed to work then ? o_O
anyway, you're good to have a kind boss that allows u to take 1 month unpaid. may be I should try asking too :p

If you have a smooth preg, it's really smooth.. My first trimester was really bad.. but of cos there's a joy..

Yes! This is my first pregnancy and been suffering for morning sickness, nausea, dizzy, machiam like on 24 hr car sickness. Everyone say things will get better so we just gonna have faith. Meanwhile rest/ sleep more and hope for the best. Jia you!!

Yes! This is my first pregnancy and been suffering for morning sickness, nausea, dizzy, machiam like on 24 hr car sickness. Everyone say things will get better so we just gonna have faith. Meanwhile rest/ sleep more and hope for the best. Jia you!!

Congrats....

Morning sickness is very common during the pregnancy. Apart from taking rest, you need to eat little and often as empty stomach makes the sickness more worse.

Hope you will recover soon.

From 6th week till 2nd trimester... hugging the toilet bowl once/ twice a day and slowly lessen to three-four times a week. Now still feel nausea but at least no more vomiting.

Hello, I'm currently at week 9 and my morning sickness is terrible.

It started right after week 5, and for almost everyday, I'm vomiting, faint and giddy, always hungry every 2-3 hours and feeling very weak.

Recently, I started experiencing heartburn during my sleep. Now, I can sleep a maximum of 4 hours at one go only. :(

My gynae did prescribe me anti-nausea med which is safe for pregnancy, but somehow, I don't want to rely on it everyday.

I feel that my life has stopped because of morning sickness. I cry everyday and feel worthless. I keep praying and telling myself to cheer up. But it's so hard.

To those who are feeling the same, big hug to you.

I ate small meals and lie down a lot back then. It helped for me. And I had carbo craving then too that settled my tummy. ;)

I'm having 6-8 small meals. If I'm lucky I get to keep 1-2 meals without vomiting. Been lying down with pillows for incline most of the time. Too lethargic to do anything else.

Dun worry, after the 4th mth everything will be fine.. I'm now like an endless hole, never feel full as all. :(

That's what my friends tell me. 2nd trime will be better.. Really hope so. 1 more month for me to persevere.. Don't know how those pregnant ladies, who have to go office everyday, go on with their lives...

That's what my friends tell me. 2nd trime will be better.. Really hope so. 1 more month for me to persevere.. Don't know how those pregnant ladies, who have to go office everyday, go on with their lives...

You can do it! I can even travel, dun think abt it and take good care of yourself at the same time. Everything will be just fine. :)

Back