Is my baby drinking enough milk???

Harah

My 4 mth old baby is drinking 120ml of milk formula when she should be drinking at least 180ml for her age.Sometimes she cant even finish it.As she is my 3rd child,i cant help but to compare her to my 1st and 2nd chn who are much more chubby when they were her age.Should i change to another brand of milk?Any recommendation Mummies?

U can check with yr pd. My pd told me as long as the weight gain is healthy, the milk amount doesn't matter. Some drink alot wont grow fat. Some drink little wil grow fat.

My boy is taking even lesser like 90ml only. Only nite i managed to cheat him drinking 120ml while asleep..
Anyone encountered bb not crying for milk?
Mine didnt cry for milk after he reaches 2 months old. Is this normAl?

My boy is taking even lesser like 90ml only. Only nite i managed to cheat him drinking 120ml while asleep..
Anyone encountered bb not crying for milk?
Mine didnt cry for milk after he reaches 2 months old. Is this normAl?
There are many cases where the baby does not drink milk or drink lesser than expected. The reason could be due to the Milk bottle Nipple. Try changing the nipple size to change the flow rate of the milk. You will have to monitor to see if he likes the faster rate or slower rate. Hope it helps!

Hey sarah, i had changed various milk bottles n teats n milk powder. Somehow all the same. But now we settled down with pigeon bottles.
He is still not drinking as much as he shud. At times, he will skip his feeds.
Or drink only 2oz. He wont cry for milk most of the times except nite time

Hi moon Ng, my 2nd girl also have same problem. Refuse to drink milk, can go for 6hours without milk. I was so frantic that I just feed her milk with spoon at 2.5 mths. She was on milk strike until 5mths plus. She only drinks when she's sleepy n I can trick her with milk bottle. She is now 10 years old n she still doesn't eat much. Always 3rd percentile. But she's healthy. My pd said that some kids just have really small stomach or just don't like to eat. I guess she's right. Cos my 3rd child (girl) is so different from my 2nd one, big drinker n eater, now overweight. As long as child is healthy n putting on weight (though slowly), should be ok.

Hi moon Ng, my 2nd girl also have same problem. Refuse to drink milk, can go for 6hours without milk. I was so frantic that I just feed her milk with spoon at 2.5 mths. She was on milk strike until 5mths plus. She only drinks when she's sleepy n I can trick her with milk bottle. She is now 10 years old n she still doesn't eat much. Always 3rd percentile. But she's healthy. My pd said that some kids just have really small stomach or just don't like to eat. I guess she's right. Cos my 3rd child (girl) is so different from my 2nd one, big drinker n eater, now overweight. As long as child is healthy n putting on weight (though slowly), should be ok.

Hi Josephine,

thanks for sharing, always find it warming and consoling when i see reply from another mummy here...
I brought my baby to Yu Guo TCM in Kembangan for 'tui na' 3/4 weeks back and I really saw improvement in his drinking pattern (can drink finish while awake and during night time too) and also increased intake.
But i notice that his drinking pattern slowly becoming bad (finish only 2.5oz while awake n need to coax to finish the balance) again since last few days, not sure if it's due to teething. Saw 1 or 2 tiny white dot on his lower front gum, but no teeth yet :( he keep biting own thumb and will just put anything into his mouth.

You might want to try bringing your daughter to Yu Guo for 'tui na' as it helps in the child overall wellbeing + improve appetite. The place is loaded with kids for tui na..

Hi Josephine,

thanks for sharing, always find it warming and consoling when i see reply from another mummy here...
I brought my baby to Yu Guo TCM in Kembangan for 'tui na' 3/4 weeks back and I really saw improvement in his drinking pattern (can drink finish while awake and during night time too) and also increased intake.
But i notice that his drinking pattern slowly becoming bad (finish only 2.5oz while awake n need to coax to finish the balance) again since last few days, not sure if it's due to teething. Saw 1 or 2 tiny white dot on his lower front gum, but no teeth yet :( he keep biting own thumb and will just put anything into his mouth.

You might want to try bringing your daughter to Yu Guo for 'tui na' as it helps in the child overall wellbeing + improve appetite. The place is loaded with kids for tui na..
Thanks for e tip. My 'milk strike' girl is alrdy 10 years old. My youngest 4th child, 6mth now, loves to drink milk (phew, luckily). Will definitely pass your tip on to my friends with milk strike issues. My baby also teething, biting his thumb n chewing on anything he can get into his mouth. ☹️

Mine worse.. Today she practically nv drink milk except latching. She is 10 mo, and doesnt like to eat either. Always push away teats, spoon, food, etc. So tough to get her to eat, except fruits! She loves pears and apple only. I m so helpless.. She gains weight from her previous mth, but really getting too skinny liao. 25 percetile now.. Zzz... Should i bring her to see PD?

Mine worse.. Today she practically nv drink milk except latching. She is 10 mo, and doesnt like to eat either. Always push away teats, spoon, food, etc. So tough to get her to eat, except fruits! She loves pears and apple only. I m so helpless.. She gains weight from her previous mth, but really getting too skinny liao. 25 percetile now.. Zzz... Should i bring her to see PD?
previously which percentile was she in?

Hey sarah, i had changed various milk bottles n teats n milk powder. Somehow all the same. But now we settled down with pigeon bottles.
He is still not drinking as much as he shud. At times, he will skip his feeds.
Or drink only 2oz. He wont cry for milk most of the times except nite time
Hi moon can I know how you go through this? I’m. FTM my son is going to be 3 months old and he has been refusing to drink since 2 months old. I changed milk, bottles, teats and all but still he will only drink when he is asleep or drowsy. I really don’t know what to do. I’m always crying when feeding is due because it’s always a huge struggle. He don’t show hunger cues. We always feed him when time is due. (4-5hours) sometimes he can go up to 6-7 hours not drinking. And even dream feed is a struggle because he would rather suck the pacifier than drink milk. At times we have to give milk he suck a few mouth he fuss we give pacifier then try again until he drink the milk. Idk what to do. He is still peeing pooing and active. Please please help me out.

Back