Is it normal to have my next gynae visit after 9 weeks? Currently at week 14

Wendy Phoon

Hi … i am currently at week 14. seeing a gynae at KKH private . My gynae asked me to visit him after 9 weeks (which is almost 2 months) just want to check if it is normal ? My understanding is that usually the frequency of gynae visit is around 1 month once?

My visits to gynae was at week 6, week 8 , and week 14. Now gynae ask me to visit him in week 23 (which is 9 weeks later). my first preg ended in a miscarriage around week 10~11 . Baby skull wasn't formed in my first preggy. Hence now quite worried for this 2nd preggy.

Should I switch gynae? . Any gynae to recommend if I switch? Thanks so much :)

Hi … i am currently at week 14. seeing a gynae at KKH private . My gynae asked me to visit him after 9 weeks (which is almost 2 months) just want to check if it is normal ? My understanding is that usually the frequency of gynae visit is around 1 month once?

My visits to gynae was at week 6, week 8 , and week 14. Now gynae ask me to visit him in week 23 (which is 9 weeks later). my first preg ended in a miscarriage around week 10~11 . Baby skull wasn't formed in my first preggy. Hence now quite worried for this 2nd preggy.

Hi Wendy, I just visited KKH yesterday at week 8, my next appt is week 14 and week 20. Can I check which gynae are you seeing now?

I see mine every month.

I am with Joycelyn Wong of ACJ Women's Clinic at Mount Alvernia.

For my firstborn pregnancy, gynae saw me at 12 weeks and the next one was 8-9 weeks away, just because my pregnancy was normal, despite me being over 35. My gynae is an Assoc Prof in KKH, so we trust his judgement. My firstborn was born healthy in 2017, so all is good!
Guess for some gynaes, once they establish the pregnancy is all good in first tri, tend to schedule fewer visits in 2nd tri. There should be more frequent visits in 3rd tri.
Hope this sharing helps!

For my firstborn pregnancy, gynae saw me at 12 weeks and the next one was 8-9 weeks away, just because my pregnancy was normal, despite me being over 35. My gynae is an Assoc Prof in KKH, so we trust his judgement. My firstborn was born healthy in 2017, so all is good!
Guess for some gynaes, once they establish the pregnancy is all good in first tri, tend to schedule fewer visits in 2nd tri. There should be more frequent visits in 3rd tri.
Hope this sharing helps!

May I know who is your gynea? TC Tan?

Coming Saturday will be our 4th gynea visit only (supposed to be 3rd because 1 visit only review the scanning report) although my wife are 26 weeks of pregnancy as this Saturday and we are close to 40 of age.

i heard one of kkh’s private gynaes will be moving to private practice soon. maybe check with the nurses if your gynae is the one leaving kkh.

my gynae is from thomson though and he will request for follow ups 3 weeks from last visit.

May I know who is your gynea? TC Tan?

Coming Saturday will be our 4th gynea visit only (supposed to be 3rd because 1 visit only review the scanning report) although my wife are 26 weeks of pregnancy as this Saturday and we are close to 40 of age.

My gynae is Assoc Prof John Tee. I had fewer visits scheduled during my 2nd tri in 2017. If in doubt, just check with your gynae his/her reason for the fewer appointments in 2nd tri. All the best

Back