Is it difficult to book cheaper maternity wards in hospital?

PartThree

My wife and I are taking the subsidized pregnancy route for our first kid.

So far we have not made any appointment booking for the delivery date in December.

How difficult is it to make a booking for the cheaper maternity Ward C or B2?

Just now found out that ward "tours" are full until February, and booking have to visit hospital, so a bit scared that all wards will be full and we are forced to choose B1 or A type and spend lot of $$.

If subsidized route is it possible to change hospital if wards are full?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

No. I am worried that I may not get to choose the cheaper ward as it is already very late and may be fully booked.

I don't want to be forced into a Ward A or B1 as my wife feels it is unnecessary. We are happy to go with either C or B2 and spend less on this hospital stay.

I think it shld be ok cos of the high turn-over of the wards (maternity wards do not have long-stayers)... Just book the c class ward and .. await ur child's arrival :)

Hi.. How far along is ur wife's pregnancy? Usually by a certain stage, her appts will be at e hosp of ur choice n by then e nurse will get ur wife to choose e ward she wants to be admitted to during her delivery. Normally e lower class wards shld be available. If not, they will place her temporarily in higher class ward but still charge by e ward she initially chose. That would be a bonus!

Don't worry too much. U don't need to go to the tour to book ward. They will ask u during yr check up n also cfm again when yr wife is in the delivery suite. There should be enough for class C ward. Gov hospital won't make u stay for many days. I delivered my 2nd child at SGH via natural birth n i only managed to get to stay 1 night...tho i wanted to stay a few more days since i hardly get to rest as i have to take care of my elder girl.

I will be delivering in Dec 2014 and will be going for C-ward at KKH too. Will be booking it on my next appt. Just wondering if C-wards are all new mummies or a mixture of other women problems?

Back