1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

irregular cycles

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by jkids, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jkids

jkids Member

Hi

should i be worried?

for the past months, my period has been irregular. i have never have such short(16 days) or long (34 days) cycle b4. it could be due to stress. but i am also worried if there is other reasons for this.

should i see a gp or gynae?

any female gynae in the north (yishun, sembawang/woodlands) to recommend?

thanks...

2. ivyquek_84

ivyquek_84 Active Member

Does you have irregular period previously?

tryingtoconceive2014 likes this.
  3. tinklebbdust

tinklebbdust Active Member

Hi @jkids

I would suggest to go to a gynae directly to have a thorough check-up.
    It could be due to stress which ultimately leads to hormone imbalance but there are other possibilities also. Let the professional to assist you on this.

Take care!

tryingtoconceive2014 likes this.
  4. jkids

jkids Member

hi all

I prefer a female gynae near north , so far no replies on that yet.

anyway juz sharing about my cycles below. it has been quite regular last time, like 27 days + - then a year ago, my cycle shorten to about 23, 24, but still regular. could be stress, but stress is not something I never have.

i recorded all my monthly cycles. .about 19 cycles here eg. 16 means 16 days before the next cycle comes. you will notice those with * is not too good. I never had a 32 days cycle in my life b4.

32*
    16*
    16*

5. tryingtoconceive2014

tryingtoconceive2014 Active Member

Hi jkids,

I think you better see gynae to sort it out. 16 days cycle seems extremely short to me.

6. stinzy

stinzy Active Member

Hi.. is the flow normal for all your cycle? Or was it light flow for some and heavy flow for others?

7. chengsl

chengsl Member

Hi, sometimes, it is due to stress however, if visiting a gynae will be the best option for you as I am not the best adviser here. But don't worry so much, you will be fine:)

8. Lydia Todd

Lydia Todd New Member

I have irregular monthly cycles. Sometimes it would be consistent, other times it would be months of nothing. Since my husband and I decided to finally TTC, I found out that my irregular cycles were absolutely annoying and unpredictable. I started BBT'ing to pinpoint my ovulation. That's when I found out that my hormones were out of whack. I didn't want to medicate myself. I heard too many horror stories. So I found Fertilemd supplement. In conjunction with my prenatals, I started taking fertilemd. I noticed right away that my BBT was beginning to regulate. It looked more regular. I'm on my second month and I'm happy that my hormones are regulated. We are going to start again next cycle. Baby Dust!

9. Ania

Ania New Member

even though it is because of stress it might help you to visit your gyn. Might be good to calm down a little bit!

10. my sister have irregular menses, I brought her to see a gynae at Bishan central.
    the doctor say its due to her weight issue.

11. nanabananana

nanabananana New Member

Hi may I know which gynae u brought her to ? Is the gynae male or female ? Thanks