Infant Care

ereina

Hi Mummies,

kindly share with me what shld i look out for when putting baby at the infant care.
thank you :)

the cleaniness, whether they have got hfmd before (see when was their last case), what kind of food they will prepare for ur little one (best if u can get their menu), whether they conduct any activities in the sch and if the teachers there u r able to talk comfortably or not.

Ask if there's a trial period. Some sch give a 1 week trial, so within that week and u feel that your little one or urself is not comfortable with it, u might wan to withdraw ur child immediately.
Oh, 1 more thing, ask how many teachers are there for the infant care side. Previously my little one sch was abit short handed n they jus leave my child there crying.
Ask also if they have a slp routine or not.
How old is ur child ? Mine currently 9 months old, she was in infant care since 6 months old. The first month she is in the sch, she only went to sch for 2 weeks after that she fall sick. Then i withdraw her and find another sch immediately. Now she is in a new sch for 1 n a half mths already. The environment is so much better.
Best if you can have time to go for a few sch site visit. That time i didnt have time to do that n whichever one there's slot, i jus place her in. So i kind of regretted.

icicic mine is 11mth, and have went to a few infant care at Tampines area. but was thinking to put in at sparkle tote infant but they are full and unable to give me any place. is very disappointed :(

my girl now is in sparkletots too. I feel that its not bad. maybe if u can wait then ask how long is the waiting list? But best if you wanna go work already, then quickly put her into an infant care liao. As the older they are, its getting harder to put them in. Cos they know more things already. Maybe u put her in a more expensive infant care while waiting for sparkletots? As there govt. grant now.

Sparkletots at my side are full as well! :( So now actually I'm looking out for other infant care services nearby..... Very very very tempted to go for a school tour at Mulberry, their interior looks damn gorgeous! Does any mummies here send their babies to Mulberry at Creative able to share more?

My baby is at my little preschool at pasir ris. She was there 2 wks and she had running nose straight away. Brought her to PD 2x then she recovered. Gotta give her antibiotic. Sigh.. the school teacher is not bad actually, but they are shorthanded. The centre manager said they are hiring 1 more teacher, not sure though. Currently 4 of them with 9 babies. Not bad ratio too, but staggered hours. I am still monitoring. she is 15mo now, so yes, harder for her. Every morning is a struggle. Other than that, not too bad. I was looking for my first skool initially, but hired a helper and decided not to send her. Now my first skool is also full house..

my #1 4 yo and #2 16mths old have been in sparkletots since 3mths old. at first immune system was not gd but slowly will be better. not gd abt sch is when fever or hfmd is not allow. everything will be better just take time. :)

Sparkletots at my side are full as well! :( So now actually I'm looking out for other infant care services nearby..... Very very very tempted to go for a school tour at Mulberry, their interior looks damn gorgeous! Does any mummies here send their babies to Mulberry at Creative able to share more?

Update, just in case any mummies are interested. After a discussion with the hub, we went for a school tour with our boy and we love the environment! It was spacious (love the open space!) and centre was really happening with all the classes going on then. So we took the plunge and enrolled in Mulberry at Creative!!! :D It's quite pricey... but I guess it is stilllllllllllll justifiable lah! A few more months and my boy will be 18 months, will look forward to more activities planned for toddlers then!

Back