Infant Care Centres

I oso have questions..

Any recommended infant care centres in Sengkang, punggol or Raffles Place area?

Can share with what infant care centres you have used as well?

Hi fushiastar, yes, sunflower babyhouse is in watten rise. Saw them featured in Channel U's "new new mommy" last week. Quite impressed. Planning to visit them sometime in June if possible. Anyone has any comments about this centre ?

Anyone with experience putting their kids at Learning Vision? I'm looking more at the toddler class.

Went to their open house last Saturday, the one at Arthur Road. Looks ok to me, and the feel at the centre is rather comfortable, not too cold (like concretet) and a large field for play.

There are also so many LV, and all at different fess too. The fees can range from $490 to to $750! Why such variations in fees when they are all LV centres?

A couple of infant care centre I had check are going to increase their fee but the govt is not going to increase the subsidy rate
sad.gif

Hi mummies, have anyone visited "Kids Space Educare" before? It's at Pasir Panjang Road. Considering to put my baby in infant care centre next year.

I'm more of agreeing putting infants in the care of a baby sitter/nanny not in infant care centers.... Heard of their ratio is 1:3! And babies have not finished their jabs yet... very vunerable to diseases....

Anyone heard of Happy Camper Infant Care ay Sengkang. Thinking of putting my baby with them. Any advice?

Hi Puppygal,
My son, now 3, is in Just Kids (Bukit Batok). He's been with them since he was 4 months old. We like the place.

they have a new branch now at Jurong East. You can check out their website www.justkids.com.sg. Or just call the Bt Batok branch at 65690159. Ask for Mrs Eileen Hee or speak to Mrs Lurvin Yuen. Both are very nice
happy.gif

HTH

Hi,

I've a few good recommenddations... If u want a reliable with experience nanny.... call me if u r interested.... HP:81596272

Hi

Anyone can recommend any infant care centre at woodlands? If possible, prefer around admiralty mrt. Thanks

hi siaogirl
got these from the mcys website www.mcys.gov.sg. dunno if they are near Admiralty MRT.

LEARNING VISION @ WORK PTE. LTD.
17, WOODLANDS AVENUE 9, #01 - 01, REPUBLIC POLYTECHNIC, SINGAPORE 738964
63656083 Map

NTUC CHILDCARE CO-OPERATIVE LTD
Blk 331, SEMBAWANG CLOSE, #01 - 361, SINGAPORE 750331
68522109 Map

HONEYKIDS CHILD CARE & DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Blk 310, CANBERRA ROAD, #01 - 125, SINGAPORE 750310
67578514 Map

CHERIE HEARTS NURTURE COTTAGE PTE. LTD.
19, JALAN MATA AYER, SEMBAWANG PARK, SINGAPORE 759100
64811396 Map

hi siaogirl,
for infant care around admiralty area, there's a newly open centre @Blk620.
i forget the name as i happen to rec'd brochure in my letter box.
their charges are cheap, cos they are under RC.
infant care only $775 b4 grant.

i think MCYS website have updated their details.

GLOBAL CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE 620, WOODLANDS DRIVE 52, #01 - 84, SINGAPORE 730620 62699176

Hi,

Anyone has comments or experience with the NTUC infant care centre at Tampines? Pls share your experiences/thoughts with me.

hi ladies

appreciate ur comments or experiences w infant care centre in serangoon north/sengkang?
m contemplating on joewe playhse - serangoon nth/happy camper/the children's discovery centre - sk
tks in advance

Hi,

Any feedback on infant care at Learning Vision @ Republic Poly?

To put a 3 mth old baby at infant care, is it safe? I mean, their backs and bodies are still quite soft at that age, right?

And what if you plan to BF? Will the infant care centre allow you to put ur EBM with them to feed bb? Will they end up getting it mixed up?

Not sure abt LV...
but generally, the caregivers at IFCs (infant care centres) are trained... although the difference would be if they genuinely love to care for your child.

for the EBM, you can check with them... most would provide a fridge... and you shd always label your bottles with name, date and time of collection.

I am staying in Jurong East. Anyone with good recommendations on infant care centres in the vicinity? tks, much.

Hi mummies and daddies,

Any comments on montessori infant care? How is their standard? Prices quite steep though at SGD1200. Will appreciate any feedback coz intending to put my 2 mo there.

hi,
i have a new born bb gal n cant decidse btw a nanny or infant care.

managed to find a bb sitter jus next block, its convenient n the auntie s pleasant but no experience except looking after her own son wic s already 20 & 17.

had also found an infant ctr wic i m comfortable with....

can mummy advice me spome gd advice as i m 1st time mum.

Hi Faith,

I personally prefer infant care. They have experience and qualified care givers. They have activities that simulate the kids which you can't find with nannies. There's always pros and cons, so you have to decide. You can't win them all. My girl was put in an infant care. No regrets though she fell sick often initially. She learns alot more than someone who is cared for by nannies.

Hi Faith,

I agreed w Jackie too! I prefer infant care also. Although the attention is not 100% but baby will be more independent & socialable. My son was put in infant care when he is 2months old. can see that he is more independent and like to mix ard. of cos there is pros and cons, nanny attention is 100% but nanny don speak english to them. At least, infant care teachers will speak to them in english and babies can learn faster.

Hi Lucia (lucido) as far as I know, the nearest infant care is the learning vision @ temasek life science lab at NUS campus. But their charge quite high, will be $1000 plus after subsidy. But the condition is super nice one. You may wish to take a look first.

I think for all parents sending their kids to infant care, they really got no other choice. It was painful to send so small baby to infant care initially, but later on will find that it is not a very bad idea especially the center got loving and caring teachers.

hi anyone has any experience sending babies to Early Learning Centre @ CCK Central (Blk 229 #01-139)?

Thanks, appreciate response.. am looking to send my baby there on MOnday (no choice, very last minute sth crops up, and nobody can take care of my baby
sad.gif
((

Hi fierre,

Have you send your baby to Early Learning Centre? Any feedback on the place?
Thanks in advance, coz I am still searching for a suitable infant care for my baby.

Hi,

Has anyone placed their infants in "Learning Kidz Child Development Centre" @ Serangoon Central or "Joewe Pre-school & Infant Centre" @ Serangoon North? Any comments? I am considering placing my 3 months old baby in either one of these.

Hi all,

Jus wondering is there any diff bet cheaper infantcare n expensive ones, I know if in town will be ex but for child's development and center's curriculum is it ex ones better? Or actually there's no diff coz they r still young..

Hi littleorbit
i would hesitate to equate quality with costs, more expensive does not mean better. In some cases, some of the money you pay goes to the franchise fee and rental, and other overheads that do not necessary relate directly to the quality of care.

For the curriculum, there are some that have programmes to engage the children, the stimulation helps.

But more important, i guess would be the hygiene, the environment and caregivers... it would be useless if the centre is branded, has great sounding programmes, but the caregivers are careless with the baby.

Hi All

Please help. Does anyone has any recommendation for infant care centres in Sengkang/Punggol or Pasir Ris. I'm staying in Sengkang and working somewhere at Pasir Ris.

Thanks so much!

Any comments on the following infant care centres ?

1) ACES Montessori Kidz Child Care Pte Ltd @ Lorong Sarina

2) Just Kids @ Marine Parade Pte Ltd

3) Tots 'N' Kids Childcare and Development Centre @ Marshall Road

4) Academy Kidz Inc Pte Ltd @ Marine Parade Road

Recommendations on other infant care centres located in the East are most welcome too !

Thanks in advance for any advice !

Hi Serene,

i have just enrolled my 3mth old ger into a infant care near buangkok mrt. the centre just started operation this sept, thus all their things are very new...

Charges also quite reasonable...

Hi Audrey,

Can I check if it is Faith Educare that you have enrol your child? What are your comments for this infant care as I would like to plac my infant in this infant care next mar2008.

Thanks to advise.

hi brink,

yup! its Faith Educare. Reccommended by 1 of my neighbours. i went down a couple of times & didn't see much babies there. Anyway, have talk to them & they sounded nice. The child care & infant care is separated so they wouldn't be disturb.

my ger will only be starting this nov 08, maybe den i will provide u wif more feedbacks!!!

u oso staying around the area?

Hi Andrey,

Yap, I am also staying around these area. Have spoken to the supervisor and went down once to see the place. Cosy and nice and new. But heard from the supervisor may need to be on waiting list as they are full for next year. So sad. If I can place my infant there it will be the perfect location.
I understand from the supervisor that registration started in sept? was not aware of it until this month when I started to explore the place.Sigh.
By the way, can I check how much it cost to place your infant there? Have you visited any other infant care before you decide on faith?
I went to a few around sengkang area and my ranking for the infant care is as follows:
Faith, NTUC childcare-quite far, junior house at block 266.

Back