I need help

PCOSMUMWANNABE

Dear girls,

I was diagnosed with PCOS many many years ago... recent years menses has been regular. One yr ago, before marriage went for a checkup and all was alright with just PCOS diagnosis. End of last year, went to visit the same doctor as me and hubs have been trying for a baby but with no visitation of the stork. Regular visitation continues. In Feb, a cyst growth found. Went for a laparoscopy with drilling in march. Was back to regular visitation. In June another Cyst detected so immediately went for an ops the wound is just as long as a c-sec. July tried IUI nothing still nothing.

Can anyone recommend me a good doctor that has treated PCOS and helped to get pregnant? I am so desperate that I have no one to speak to... Seeing friends and people posting of their newborn pains me even more...

Please help.

PCOSmumWannabe

Dear girls,

I was diagnosed with PCOS many many years ago... recent years menses has been regular. One yr ago, before marriage went for a checkup and all was alright with just PCOS diagnosis. End of last year, went to visit the same doctor as me and hubs have been trying for a baby but with no visitation of the stork. Regular visitation continues. In Feb, a cyst growth found. Went for a laparoscopy with drilling in march. Was back to regular visitation. In June another Cyst detected so immediately went for an ops the wound is just as long as a c-sec. July tried IUI nothing still nothing.

Can anyone recommend me a good doctor that has treated PCOS and helped to get pregnant? I am so desperate that I have no one to speak to... Seeing friends and people posting of their newborn pains me even more...

Please help.

PCOSmumWannabe

Hi, how are you now?
My friend had the same problem and done a surgery too abt 2 yrs ago. She had maintained her health after the surgery thro modified lifestyle and supplements.
She had just got back to work from maternity leave.

I was diagnosed with PCOS too and recently had a course of Letrozole which helped me to ovulate. Before this, my menses were never regular. Have read up on PCOS and it seems we have to change our lifestyle to improve the condition. Medicine cannot help much.

I've started taking supplements such as a prenatal and fish oil. Go read up on supplements for PCOS patients. Certain vitamins and minerals such as B-complex, D3, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Inositol are helpful to us. Cut down on processed and high GI foods. Have moderate exercise although personally, I'm still not motivated to change this part of me.

Last edited:
I was diagnosed with PCOS too and recently had a course of Letrozole which helped me to ovulate. Before this, my menses were never regular. Have read up on PCOS and it seems we have to change our lifestyle to improve the condition. Medicine cannot help much.

I've started taking supplements such as a prenatal and fish oil. Go read up on supplements for PCOS patients. Certain vitamins and minerals such as B-complex, D3, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Inositol are helpful to us. Cut down on processed and high GI foods. Have moderate exercise although personally, I'm still not motivated to change this part of me.

I've asked my friend. Try Nutrilite EPO, it works and is not costly. :)

PCOS can also be treated by home remedies too by doing regular exercise, following a proper diet, taking herbs and supplements such as Flaxseed, Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, etc. My friend had a same problem few years ago. She tried almost everything by consulting her gynecologist. What worked for her was using a menstrual cup. She is pretty happy with the results and they both are blessed with a baby boy last year. You can take help from the internet for more information on menstrual cups like Cupissima, Lunette, Soft cup. Consult your doctor before doing anything as he can guide you properly.

Hi Dolly Gonzalez, how does a menstrual cup help in conceiving or easing PCOS? Isn't that just a tool inserted into your vagina (instead of sanitary pad or tampon) to hold menstrual blood? I'm baffled.

Hi hopeful
Where did you purchase Letrozole? Just ordered inositol and waiting it to arrive next week. Hope it works for me.

hi cahyasuci
Letrozole is prescribed by my doctor. Don't think you can get it without prescription. In western medicine, if ovulation pills does not work for you, the next step would be IUI/IVF.

hi cahyasuci
Letrozole is prescribed by my doctor. Don't think you can get it without prescription. In western medicine, if ovulation pills does not work for you, the next step would be IUI/IVF.

Noted with Thanks Hopeful.
I tried clomid and some birth control many years ago (forgotten what's the med name) unfortunately it did not work for me. So last resort i went to iui once and thrice for ivf. All ended with failures including my recent ivf cycle, i'm pregnant but now waiting to naturally miscarriage cos embryo stop growing.

cahyasuci, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
With the frequent failures, could it be an issue of egg quality? Have you asked your doctor about it?

I have intention to sign up for the IVF embryo screening trial. Registration is starting in Feb 2017. The woman must either be above 35 years old, or have experienced at least two failed pregnancies or implants. Read this: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/criteria-set-for-ivf-embryo-screening-trial.

It could be polyps that I had all these years without knowing. Before proceeded to the 3rd ivf, i've had endo scratch & polyps removal. I was pregnant this round but unfortunately it did not last long.

If the trial is beneficial yeah.. i think you should go. I'm not 35 yet but will look into it in the future & if im still unsuccessful ttc.

It could be polyps that I had all these years without knowing. Before proceeded to the 3rd ivf, i've had endo scratch & polyps removal. I was pregnant this round but unfortunately it did not last long.

If the trial is beneficial yeah.. i think you should go. I'm not 35 yet but will look into it in the future & if im still unsuccessful ttc.

Hi cahyasuci, for the endo scratch that u did, did u get any Hospitalisation Leave after that procedure?

Hi cahyasuci, for the endo scratch that u did, did u get any Hospitalisation Leave after that procedure?
I was given about 1 week or 1wk + hospitalization leave on that time. Not sure if they give the same for just endo scratch procedure cos at that point I did endo scratch and d&c for polyps removal.

Me taking myo-inositol from iherb. Feels pretty good. You can try.
Hi thanks Daledale. Can I know which brand you took? I also bought inositol brand Solgar 500mg. I took almost 6 bottles but i felt that it doesn't really help my insulin and also my weight loss.

I'm now back with metformin & regularly on few supplements such as Vit D, Fish oil & ground ceylon cinnamon. I've been taking them for almost 5months and i noticed big changes in my health and weight. I manage to lose 6kgs from clean eating, 30mins of walking 3days weekly. I strongly believe the weight loss due to the intake of ceylon cinnamon 8g daily.

Hi thanks Daledale. Can I know which brand you took? I also bought inositol brand Solgar 500mg. I took almost 6 bottles but i felt that it doesn't really help my insulin and also my weight loss.

I'm now back with metformin & regularly on few supplements such as Vit D, Fish oil & ground ceylon cinnamon. I've been taking them for almost 5months and i noticed big changes in my health and weight. I manage to lose 6kgs from clean eating, 30mins of walking 3days weekly. I strongly believe the weight loss due to the intake of ceylon cinnamon 8g daily.
Hi,

Took this less than half bottles (1 cap per day) & my menses came naturally. So i think it works for me.
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Fairhaven-H...omen-and-Men-120-Capsules/62649?rcode=HAR2151

For iherb can use this discount code - HAR2151 - Enjoy 5 % discount!

Hi ladies, anyone of your ever had endometrial polyps removal in private hospital singapore? Can share ur experience and the bill cost?

Hi ladies, anyone of your ever had endometrial polyps removal in private hospital singapore? Can share ur experience and the bill cost?

Ane.sve,

I can only say that the diagnostic laparoscopy costs 12 000 sgd in Raffles Hospital. Shocked! I heard that hysteroscopy costs 6000 sgd.

can try 想孕 chicken essence . it's a taiwan brand and i saw it from a tv variety show.
I also have their products for confinement now. worth a shot.

Dear girls,

Please help.

PCOSmumWannabe

I also suffer from PCOS. It's a challenge for preparing for pregnancy for us sufferer.
I took chicken essence from taiwan to nurse myself. and now I just delivered my lo, do confinement now.
worth a shot.

take lots of foot spa (can be simple hot water in a pail for your feet), my MIL taught me this.
i also took supplements like blackmores conceive
and most importantly. take days off from work.
once u are relaxed, its a lot easier to conceive.

Back