I am week 7 cannot hear heartbeat

Queenei

I am worried in my week 7 today when to do ultrasound gynae unable to hear B.B. heartbeat. Last week in week 6 can hear heartbeat today cannot hear .

If by next week cannot hear the heartbeat gynae Wan me to do the procedure . Any advice from mummies

I am worried in my week 7 today when to do ultrasound gynae unable to hear B.B. heartbeat. Last week in week 6 can hear heartbeat today cannot hear .

If by next week cannot hear the heartbeat gynae Wan me to do the procedure . Any advice from mummies

Hi, i am in a smiliar situation like yours previously. 6 weeks doc say bb heartbeat is too slow. 7 weeks have no heartbeat and i am doing a natural miscarriage. Try to talk to your baby and rest more. Hope for miracle!

Mine is week 6 heartbeat very loud and fast

Hi, I did some googling a while ago. There are cases where some mom's shared that they detect heart beat later after no heartbeat, although rare, it happens. So it's good that yr O&G didn't immediately suggested procedure (D&C). Wish u will be blessed.

For my MC, I took the tablet options cos I didn't want to go thru general anaesthesia or wait for it to happen naturally.

Sorry to hear this. I just went through my 3rd miscarriage. All my miscarriages I never heard any heart beat. Just went for the first appt and my gynae will tell me there is no heartbeat again.

Although the chance of a miscarriage decreases after u hear a heartbeat, it can still happen and it means the baby is not healthy and what drs said “not compatible with life.”

Don’t worry so much for now, try and get some rest, see what your gynae says next week.

For my 3rd miscarriage I wanted it to happen naturally but I wasn’t bleeding, just mild spotting and I didn’t want to wait and wonder if I’m going to start bleeding today or tomorrow. Also my gynae said it may be painful and I could bleed excessively. So in the end I opted for d&c so that I can let go and move on.

But I did go for 2nd opinion before consenting for d&c cos I didn’t want to wrongly kill my baby. But both gynaes said the same thing so I just went ahead with d&c.

Mrs Lim
maybe you can go through karotyping test (is a chromosome test) for both hubby and wife to find out the cause since you have recurrent miscarriage. Secondly you can go to NUH Recurrent unit to do seriel of tests over there.

Mrs Lim
maybe you can go through karotyping test (is a chromosome test) for both hubby and wife to find out the cause since you have recurrent miscarriage. Secondly you can go to NUH Recurrent unit to do seriel of tests over there.

Thanks lady081980, all my recurrent miscarriage panel tests came back normal. Dr did karotyping on me also normal. There was no fetal tissue from my d&c to do genetic testing. He thought my body reabsorbed the fetus but it was a molar pregnancy.

Kkh gynae doesn’t think it is necessary for hubby to do any tests as it is expensive and will most likely be inconclusive. I didn’t understand so went to seek a 2nd opinion with a private gynae. Basically the private gynae explained that more often then not, investigations of miscarriages are expensive and we must be prepared that it can be inconclusive.

If it is a genetic issue such as hubby or me having abnormal chromosomes, are we going to look for a new spouse? Do IVF then test each embryo and throw away the not so good ones? Due to my own religious and personal beliefs (catholic), I’m against testing each embryo and discarding the not so good ones.

It’s like we are playing God and I personally know of a couple who did IVF, only had a below average quality embryo. They still went ahead to plant the embryo and now they daughter is 6months old, healthy and a very happy baby.

KKH gynae only did the karotyping test for me as they needed to draw my blood anyway so might as well test.

Anyways private gynae also said even if we managed to test the fetus chromosomes and found out is abnormal, we need to remember that next pregnancy will be a different sperm and egg.

Both gynaes felt that it is more worthwhile to test for the “correctable” causes of miscarriage such as antiphospholipid syndrome, thyroid disorders, diabetes etc.

Due to the most recent miscarriage being a molar pregnancy, still on regular followups with kkh, advised to hold off pregnancy for 6 to 12 months also. Anyway it’s also better for my mental and physical health, had my 3 miscarriages (blighted ovum, chemical pregnancy, molar pregnancy) in 6months.

Last edited:
Thanks lady081980, all my recurrent miscarriage panel tests came back normal. Dr did karotyping on me also normal. He doesn’t think it is necessary for hubby to do any tests as it is expensive and will most likely be inconclusive.

I think when u pregnant again, try to test again if u have sticky blood.Cos got one mum have sticky blood during pregnancy. all her test results also came out healthy before preggy. But when she preggy, she was found to hv sticky blood and was put on steroid/jabs during pregnancy. She successfully delivered a baby and was preggy again for second child (again on steroid/jabs).

Hi, I did some googling a while ago. There are cases where some mom's shared that they detect heart beat later after no heartbeat, although rare, it happens. So it's good that yr O&G didn't immediately suggested procedure (D&C). Wish u will be blessed.

For my MC, I took the tablet options cos I didn't want to go thru general anaesthesia or wait for it to happen naturally.

did you manage to clear all even with the tablet?

I
Thanks lady081980, all my recurrent miscarriage panel tests came back normal. Dr did karotyping on me also normal. There was no fetal tissue from my d&c to do genetic testing. He thought my body reabsorbed the fetus but it was a molar pregnancy.

Kkh gynae doesn’t think it is necessary for hubby to do any tests as it is expensive and will most likely be inconclusive. I didn’t understand so went to seek a 2nd opinion with a private gynae. Basically the private gynae explained that more often then not, investigations of miscarriages are expensive and we must be prepared that it can be inconclusive.

If it is a genetic issue such as hubby or me having abnormal chromosomes, are we going to look for a new spouse? Do IVF then test each embryo and throw away the not so good ones? Due to my own religious and personal beliefs (catholic), I’m against testing each embryo and discarding the not so good ones.

It’s like we are playing God and I personally know of a couple who did IVF, only had a below average quality embryo. They still went ahead to plant the embryo and now they daughter is 6months old, healthy and a very happy baby.

KKH gynae only did the karotyping test for me as they needed to draw my blood anyway so might as well test.

Anyways private gynae also said even if we managed to test the fetus chromosomes and found out is abnormal, we need to remember that next pregnancy will be a different sperm and egg.

Both gynaes felt that it is more worthwhile to test for the “correctable” causes of miscarriage such as antiphospholipid syndrome, thyroid disorders, diabetes etc.

Due to the most recent miscarriage being a molar pregnancy, still on regular followups with kkh, advised to hold off pregnancy for 6 to 12 months also. Anyway it’s also better for my mental and physical health, had my 3 miscarriages (blighted ovum, chemical pregnancy, molar pregnancy) in 6months.

I am also suspected Molar case...is there any reason for a Molar Preg?

I

I am also suspected Molar case...is there any reason for a Molar Preg?

I wasn’t being given a reason for any of my miscarriages. The doctor thinks they are all random events since all my tests came up normal. But from what I read, somehow molar pregnancies happen cos the egg somehow lost the maternal dna so the fetus cannot develop normally.

The standard treatment for molar pregnancies is to go for d&c then closely monitor hcg levels for 6-12months. Need to hold off pregnancy for 6-12months as a new pregnancy would make it difficult to monitor the hcg levels. But I asked my gynae why 6-12 months after hcg reaches 0, he cant really give me a satisfactory answer also.

For D&C prodecure, has anyone successfully claim from insurance before? (e.g. prushield)

I had blighted ovum and my gynae said confidently that in this case it is claimable. However, he is charging me 150 + gst just for filling up the forms which wasn't informed to me beforehand.

I'm not even sure it is 100% claimable as i read that it depends whether d&c performed is medically required which is a grey area, and my agent says it highly not claimable.

Yes it's fully claimable when I did d&c, but check with your insurance agent as it depends on the coverage of your policy.

Back