Hyperemesis Gravidarum

lovexuan

It's a severe case of morning sickness which not many know about.

Read more about it here:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_hyperemesis-gravidarum_10376363.bc
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum

I am just wondering how many mummies actually have it or went through it before. Feel free to share here!

I had it when I was expecting #2 back in 2011. It came as a shock to me. It started when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was vomiting 24/7 and could not keep anything down. Not even a sip of water. I was so badly dehydrated at one point that I had no pee or poo for a week. I lost 5kg and it got better from 20 weeks. And I gave birth to a healthy baby boy eventually.

This time round it is worse with #3. It started when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I lost 7kg by week 12. And I am into week 32 now but the terrible nausea which seems to have gotten better at week 24 is back again. Although it isn't as bad as the beginning, the mere thought or pictures of certain food or smell can send me to the toilet immediately. Right now even the smell of my hubby puts me off. It's been days since I last allowed him to come within 2m of my space. Sigh.. I feel so bad. I feel so tired of it. But he cannot understand. I don't expect him to since nobody around me can understand this too. Nothing works at all. Not the medication. Not the natural remedies for morning sickness. So far I have only put on 4kg while many fellow mummies are almost 10kg heavier than pre preggy weight already at this stage. I hope it's ok... Right now I cannot sleep. Because I can smell my hubby and it's so nauseating. Arghhh.. I don't want to puke at this hour. So here I am distracting myself. Thinking if I should sleep in the living room. Or I should chase hubby out instead. Lol. I think I will just lie still and wait for the next toilet break. Just ranting! I gotta stay positive and keep going. I am almost there already.. :)

It's a severe case of morning sickness which not many know about.

Read more about it here:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_hyperemesis-gravidarum_10376363.bc
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum

I am just wondering how many mummies actually have it or went through it before. Feel free to share here!

I had it when I was expecting #2 back in 2011. It came as a shock to me. It started when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was vomiting 24/7 and could not keep anything down. Not even a sip of water. I was so badly dehydrated at one point that I had no pee or poo for a week. I lost 5kg and it got better from 20 weeks. And I gave birth to a healthy baby boy eventually.

This time round it is worse with #3. It started when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I lost 7kg by week 12. And I am into week 32 now but the terrible nausea which seems to have gotten better at week 24 is back again. Although it isn't as bad as the beginning, the mere thought or pictures of certain food or smell can send me to the toilet immediately. Right now even the smell of my hubby puts me off. It's been days since I last allowed him to come within 2m of my space. Sigh.. I feel so bad. I feel so tired of it. But he cannot understand. I don't expect him to since nobody around me can understand this too. Nothing works at all. Not the medication. Not the natural remedies for morning sickness. So far I have only put on 4kg while many fellow mummies are almost 10kg heavier than pre preggy weight already at this stage. I hope it's ok... Right now I cannot sleep. Because I can smell my hubby and it's so nauseating. Arghhh.. I don't want to puke at this hour. So here I am distracting myself. Thinking if I should sleep in the living room. Or I should chase hubby out instead. Lol. I think I will just lie still and wait for the next toilet break. Just ranting! I gotta stay positive and keep going. I am almost there already.. :)

Jia you!! I understand how u feel....

Even though i dun have it this pregnancy. But i am very very sensitive to smells. I also always kick my hubby away.. ask him go wash away ... sometimes he dun understand n we will argue.. i juz keep quiet n walk away.

A few times i move to the other bedroom to sleep. Felt more comfortable but then miss my children haha ...

Its almost over soon. Hang on ...

N also dun worry abt ur weight.

U lost 7kg n managed to gainback

I lost 6kg . N up to date i gain back only 5kg. N risk of preterm labour is there as there is lots of tummy tightening on going these days... gynae ask me to rest as much as possible

Jia you!! I understand how u feel....

Even though i dun have it this pregnancy. But i am very very sensitive to smells. I also always kick my hubby away.. ask him go wash away ... sometimes he dun understand n we will argue.. i juz keep quiet n walk away.

A few times i move to the other bedroom to sleep. Felt more comfortable but then miss my children haha ...

Its almost over soon. Hang on ...

N also dun worry abt ur weight.

U lost 7kg n managed to gainback

I lost 6kg . N up to date i gain back only 5kg. N risk of preterm labour is there as there is lots of tummy tightening on going these days... gynae ask me to rest as much as possible

Thanks! I must persevere on.. :)

Somehow glad that you can relate to my situation. But quite sad that you still haven't gain back that 6kg. But as long as baby is growing well, I guess it shouldn't be a concern hor.. Oh dear.. You take care and rest lots ok! Jiayou together!!

Thanks! I must persevere on.. :)

Somehow glad that you can relate to my situation. But quite sad that you still haven't gain back that 6kg. But as long as baby is growing well, I guess it shouldn't be a concern hor.. Oh dear.. You take care and rest lots ok! Jiayou together!!
Ya quite sad nv gain back. But now baby is 1kg. Acceptablr weight.

But my risk of preterm labour is higgh.. juz gotten a jab yesterday for my irregular contractions... super pain :(

Hey hey !! I didn't know there was a specific term to it. Haha. Same like you, I couldn't even drink water, everything that goes down comes out, rather quickly I hate it. I couldn't even brush my teeth without throwing up n I thot by end of pregnancy, I probably have rotten teeth. I lost 5 kg before the end of my 1st trimester. Stay positive n hope it gets better for u. Cheers.

P.s. I could smell the food from hubby's mouth faraway n there I go, toilet bowl, my best fren.

Finally found a support group for this condition!

I am also suffering from this condition. I had the same problem when i was having my first child in 2011. But was not officially diagnosed with this term as i seeked treatment at a GP. During my current pregnancy, i am currently 13 week pregnant, i experienced my first MS on week 6! Was admitted for re-hydration on week 8th as i had no pee, voMitting at the rate of 4x/hr.

Upon discharged, they prescribed me with ondansetron. It helps with the vomit but i having neusea feeling the whole day. To date, weight dropped by ~10% and still dropping. All scans so far said baby is good. Just hope it goes away soon. My last pregancy it lasted till 16th week.

I am sure we will get better!!

Hey hey !! I didn't know there was a specific term to it. Haha. Same like you, I couldn't even drink water, everything that goes down comes out, rather quickly I hate it. I couldn't even brush my teeth without throwing up n I thot by end of pregnancy, I probably have rotten teeth. I lost 5 kg before the end of my 1st trimester. Stay positive n hope it gets better for u. Cheers.

P.s. I could smell the food from hubby's mouth faraway n there I go, toilet bowl, my best fren.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Yea!!! I still can't brush my teeth or take a shower without puking. But it's like part of my life now. And I still puke as and when something doesn't agree with me. I have banned hubby from eating garlic. Else I can smell him even if he's in the next room!! Guess I have to bear with it till I pop!

Currently 34 weeks and 3 days preggy. Just weeks to go before I see baby and all will be worth it! :)

Finally found a support group for this condition!

I am also suffering from this condition. I had the same problem when i was having my first child in 2011. But was not officially diagnosed with this term as i seeked treatment at a GP. During my current pregnancy, i am currently 13 week pregnant, i experienced my first MS on week 6! Was admitted for re-hydration on week 8th as i had no pee, voMitting at the rate of 4x/hr.

Upon discharged, they prescribed me with ondansetron. It helps with the vomit but i having neusea feeling the whole day. To date, weight dropped by ~10% and still dropping. All scans so far said baby is good. Just hope it goes away soon. My last pregancy it lasted till 16th week.

I am sure we will get better!!

Hi, I hope things gets better for you real soon! Baby can thrive on our reserves so not to worry I guess? So far I have only gained 6kg but gynae says baby is growing well. Thankfully.

This whole ordeal will end for me very soon! Though I would miss the feeling of being preggy, baby kicking in my belly and all, but this nausea is something I will never miss! In fact I think it's going to make me think twice about becoming preggy again in future. Haha..

Yes, we will all get better one day!! Jiayou ok!!! :D

Any Hypermesis Mum to be here for 2016? Ive lost nearly 7 kg since week 6. Now going to Week 13. There were really times that i thought i can't get through as its really torturous not to be able to eat/drink water whereas the rest of the mum to be have cravings and good appetite.

Any Hypermesis Mum to be here for 2016? Ive lost nearly 7 kg since week 6. Now going to Week 13. There were really times that i thought i can't get through as its really torturous not to be able to eat/drink water whereas the rest of the mum to be have cravings and good appetite.
Hi.. i am having it now.... i am at a lost.. dont know what to do. Cant drink or eat it all comes out even medication. :(

Hi.. i am having it now.... i am at a lost.. dont know what to do. Cant drink or eat it all comes out even medication. :(
Hope you are feeling better!

Im 18+ weeks now and still vomitting a lot. Still losing weight(9 kg already from pre pregnancy). Hoping that i can start eating soon. But i was on the plump side before pregnancy.

Any mummies in such situation now? :(

I feel like I'm dying... And don't know how long it will it last... It's affecting me and my work... Can't function at all....

Any mummies in such situation now? :(

I feel like I'm dying... And don't know how long it will it last... It's affecting me and my work... Can't function at all....
Hi... hang in there. I've been thru this as well. Try all sorts of drinks. How abt ribena?

Back