How to eat out healthily while pregnant? stay alone, too tired to cook!

dragonmir

I've been stressing daily on what to eat everyday for the baby. I work, I have no maid, don't stay near either mums so have no home - cooked food to eat. By the time I get home after work, I'm too hungry and too tired or nauseated to cook. Husband is no help. Anyone else in same boat and how do you stop feeling guilty that you're not eating home - cooked healthier food for baby?

I eat cereals for breakfast with dried fruits, try to hv portion of veggie and fruits for work lunch. And eat a mix of meats n fish in a week. Just that all are outside food.

Hi Dragonmir.... I feel you... I am generally a food lover, and ate a lot... always have appetite. So when the pregnancy symptoms come (no appetite, vomiting 2-3 times a day, bloating, gassy, cannot smell food/cooking, fatigue), I couldn't handle it well. I became very down and moody... I also work and have no maid, and too nauseated to cook.

My gynae said not to worry. The baby will still get nutrients from the mom's body. But of course, the mom's nutrients would be depleted. So, it's better to eat something than nothing, including junk food (McD, KFC). Just cut ourselves some slack. The symptoms and vomiting are difficult enough. No need to feel guilty. My hubby was kind enough to cook for me, but I could not stand cooking smell at home. In the end, we ordered a deluxe tingkat food (Select Catering). You can consider ordering one too. At least, dinner is settled. Having said that, sometimes I also don't have appetite for the tingkat food... I just ate what I can, plain porridge with pork floss... anything to keep my energy going. Take care okay!

MSG won't affect baby... :) Maybe you can ask the seller to use less oil and such if you buy outside food. The rest of the nutrients can be supplied by multi-vits.

Don't worry too much! Being relaxed and happy is the best nutrient for baby. :)

Thank you for your kind words. My friends are always giving tips on simple to cook dishes / organic food n fruits / cannot eat salads outside coz maybe not washed properly etc. Stress man. Unlike them, I hv no maid, no mil, and frankly, just no mood to go grocery shopping, cook, clean up. I feel nauseated once stomach slightly empty, nauseas during food so can't eat a lot, nauseaus after food. And then the cycle repeats itself. Sian man.

I'm considering ting kat for 2nd tri onwards. But I read somewhere that it's prepared early at 3pm, I eat at 8pm. So may be better off buying economy mixed rice. We'll see. That will solve one meal as you said.

I sometimes eat sandwich for dinner. Bland is good :) bland is just not always healthiest. But ohh well. Yes I shall try not to stress. I sometimes think our mothers ate so much rubbish n see how we turned out.

Thanks again and hope you feel better soon too!

sandwich is good but do add greens inside as well. My dietition said its a must to have green in every meal + fruit.
Maybe u girls can try to cook and store the extra in the freezer then heat up as and when u need it rather then get pissed with no idea what to grab after work.

Back