How do you take care of elder child after csect?

My firstborn will be almost 3 years old when my no.2 is due. As I have delivered no.1 via emergency csect, the possibility of me delivering no.2 via csect is high. I need some advice and tips on how to take care of no.1 after my csect op...

If he insists on me carrying him, what should I do? I can imagine the meltdowns already. I still want him to continue going to his preschool, so it’s important that we stick to the morning routine. His morning routine is I will change him and carry him to lobby before daddy takes over. He’s very clingy in the morning and refuses to walk.

Anyone remembers/ knows when you can bend without pain? It took me about a week for no.1. I cannot imagine me taking care of no.1 for at least 2 weeks after my csect op. I know hubby can help etc.... but it may just end up in meltdowns and him resenting the newborn. TBH this is stressful... in my heart I want to do VBAC but we really won’t know how it will all turn out.

My firstborn will be almost 3 years old when my no.2 is due. As I have delivered no.1 via emergency csect, the possibility of me delivering no.2 via csect is high. I need some advice and tips on how to take care of no.1 after my csect op...

If he insists on me carrying him, what should I do? I can imagine the meltdowns already. I still want him to continue going to his preschool, so it’s important that we stick to the morning routine. His morning routine is I will change him and carry him to lobby before daddy takes over. He’s very clingy in the morning and refuses to walk.

Anyone remembers/ knows when you can bend without pain? It took me about a week for no.1. I cannot imagine me taking care of no.1 for at least 2 weeks after my csect op. I know hubby can help etc.... but it may just end up in meltdowns and him resenting the newborn. TBH this is stressful... in my heart I want to do VBAC but we really won’t know how it will all turn out.
Hi , anyone be helping you during confinement like the grandparents? I'm facing the same situation as you soon, I've decided to increase screen time for him and let him occupied with new toys, probably get ready his favourite snacks too to distract him incase he start get clingy to me . Hopefully it works to help me get over my recovery period. I rembr I can slowly bend in the 3rd week or after, I was very careful than.

Back