Horrible experience on confinement nanny

Lee chin

We had employed a Malaysian nanny named Yvonne Chin Chooi Yuen (+60166048418) in May 2021 to take care of our newborn baby girl. Yvonne was recommended by a middleman confinement agent. For the first 2 weeks of the confinement period, Yvonne was very helpful and supportive in taking care of our baby. However things began to turn for the worst in the 3rd week of confinement. Yvonne started being unfriendly towards the mother and child that she was taking care of. She was always seen with a 'black face' and also became very calculative towards us. Yvonne started to chat on the phone very frequently everyday with her friends and family in Malaysia while taking care of our baby and her tone of voice was very loud in the room while the baby was sleeping. Yvonne also promised verbally to do house cleaning like mop the floor twice a week but she did not even do it once since she stepped in the house. She also abused our trust as based on our verbal agreement, we allow her to take a 2 hrs afternoon nap everyday but she will always take 2.5 or 3 hours of nap daily. Even when the baby is crying after 2 hrs of her agreed rest time, she will refuse to wake up and care for the baby. She also refuse to wash baby soiled napkins. Yvonne not only took more than 2 hrs rest in the afternoon daily but also in the mornings. Yvonne also has frequent requests to us. She would always ask her to buy her personal stuff for her. Example like buying hair dye, food, and even accompany her to open a posb bank account whenever we bring the baby out for medical checkups. Yvonne was also seen to handle the baby in a rough manner. She would frequently complain that the baby is not sleep and always want to feed at night even though it's her job to feed the baby after midnight. Yvonne is also observed by us to not attend to the crying baby immediately in the mornings and still continue to enjoy her breakfast. Yvonne also did not prepare a proper breakfast for the mother during confinement. She will just pour some nuts from the nuts bag, she didn't even bother to prepare a sandwich or hot drink for the mother. Yvonne was observed many times watching TV and always on the phone when taking care of the baby. She claims that she has more than 10 years of experience but when we asked her baby related issues, she seems unsure or do not know how to answer. For example, she doesn't know that newborns need to feed every 2 to 3 hours in the night. Finally, Yvonne also requested a closing Ang Pao of $100 when she was leaving for the lousy job she did. I really do not want anyone to experience what i had. Its really a nightmare!

We had employed a Malaysian nanny named Yvonne Chin Chooi Yuen (+60166048418) in May 2021 to take care of our newborn baby girl. Yvonne was recommended by a middleman confinement agent. For the first 2 weeks of the confinement period, Yvonne was very helpful and supportive in taking care of our baby. However things began to turn for the worst in the 3rd week of confinement. Yvonne started being unfriendly towards the mother and child that she was taking care of. She was always seen with a 'black face' and also became very calculative towards us. Yvonne started to chat on the phone very frequently everyday with her friends and family in Malaysia while taking care of our baby and her tone of voice was very loud in the room while the baby was sleeping. Yvonne also promised verbally to do house cleaning like mop the floor twice a week but she did not even do it once since she stepped in the house. She also abused our trust as based on our verbal agreement, we allow her to take a 2 hrs afternoon nap everyday but she will always take 2.5 or 3 hours of nap daily. Even when the baby is crying after 2 hrs of her agreed rest time, she will refuse to wake up and care for the baby. She also refuse to wash baby soiled napkins. Yvonne not only took more than 2 hrs rest in the afternoon daily but also in the mornings. Yvonne also has frequent requests to us. She would always ask her to buy her personal stuff for her. Example like buying hair dye, food, and even accompany her to open a posb bank account whenever we bring the baby out for medical checkups. Yvonne was also seen to handle the baby in a rough manner. She would frequently complain that the baby is not sleep and always want to feed at night even though it's her job to feed the baby after midnight. Yvonne is also observed by us to not attend to the crying baby immediately in the mornings and still continue to enjoy her breakfast. Yvonne also did not prepare a proper breakfast for the mother during confinement. She will just pour some nuts from the nuts bag, she didn't even bother to prepare a sandwich or hot drink for the mother. Yvonne was observed many times watching TV and always on the phone when taking care of the baby. She claims that she has more than 10 years of experience but when we asked her baby related issues, she seems unsure or do not know how to answer. For example, she doesn't know that newborns need to feed every 2 to 3 hours in the night. Finally, Yvonne also requested a closing Ang Pao of $100 when she was leaving for the lousy job she did. I really do not want anyone to experience what i had. Its really a nightmare!
Hi Lee Chin, thanks for helping to share and warn other mummies. May I know how you got to know of this agent and nanny? I used freelance nanny for my firstborn and had horrible experience as well. Decided to play safe and sign with agency for my second child and would definitely recommend it next time if you are looking for a nanny.

I used Auntie Alice from Confinement Angels last month and the experience is world of difference! She took care of all my meals, including breakfast and snacks (which my previous freelance nanny didn't do). She would also prepare confinement bath and red dates tea for me. Very clean, professional and best of all, can take care of baby through the night which allowed me to have a good sleep.

If you have any qns, feel free to pm me!

Back