HFMD in preschool

sinnyy

My kiddo school has been having a stringing cases of HFMD and some suspected cases. I decided to keep my child at home for time being in this case, do we still need to pay sch fees..?

Yes. Fees still apply. Especially u choose to stay home. Frankly, it's better to stay home n be safe rather than getting infected.

Hi all, jus to share that even when the kids stay at home, they might also got it. My boy was absent from sch for 5 days (1 whole wk) cos my hubby went overseas and I'm due soon. So we bring my boy over to my MIL hse for the week in case I deliver without hubby at home. He went bk to sch the next mon and tue there is 1 confirmed case of HFMD. Tat gal aldy absent from sch on mon due to fever. I tot he will be safe since he did not come into contact with that gal for 1 week plus that mon. But my boy also got HFMD which start on tat same wk he bk to sch fri (fever) and confirmed on Sat (rashes).

So suay tat my boy did not come into contact with that gal for 1 whole wk before she got it and after she got it but my boy still got the virus from her. Teacher say maybe my boy aldy got it before his absent cos during that week he was absent he was down with flu. But HFMD have not come into full effect yet. It only started fully 2 wks later (fri he was bk to sch). So no point keeping the kids at home when there is cases of HFMD cos they might hav aldy got into contact and carry the virus with them but not yet effective.

Hfmd virus is in the school and not only on the gal .. It's the surface that te school need to clean . My gal at one got hfmd from seating on public high chair

Just to let mummies knw, all viruses, including the normal flu cough fever etc virus, doesnt mean avoiding the one who is unwell with the symptoms will b safe.
The virus will alrdy b ard, whether in sch or at hm. It takes few days for it to act up n for symptoms to surface. So the best way to avoid is still to practice gd hygience.
But for sch, very difficult esp with young children toddlers etc.. We parents can only b responsible by building up our child immunity. Avoid crowded places during the seasons (eg. Nw when theres a high rate of hfmd).

Hfmd virus, we adults can catch it too, have the virus in our body but not acting up cos we r strong, but pass it to our kids...

hi...i want to find out fr u...

lets say if the sch finds ulcer/spots in the kid's mouth and wants us to bring kid to see doc and in the end, its juz a common heatyness and nothing to do wif hfmd...does your sch still require parents to get the doc's letter to prove that the kid is not sick in order to return to sch to study?

is it a compulsary practice all pre school are doing this? coz the letter itself oso costs $.

Hi jkids, for my kids preschool, there isn't a need to get the doctor's letter. But if the child has contacted hfmd, there is a need of letter from the doc to confirm the child has recovered from hfmd and is safe to return to school.

Well, pre school will take the necessary precaution to prevent any outbreak of hfmd. Sometimes, they know it is just common heartyness, but they will still ask you to bring your kids home.

Back