(Help please) Losing my job

2012mummy

hello mummys, i need some serious advice. my company is closing down.. no one had any clue this was coming and so i wasnt prepared at all.. still thot i could enjoy 4 mths maternity leave. :'( i'm panicking now. there's no compensation and we may not even be paid next month. would any company hire a worker who's 5 months pregnant?
sad.gif
i don't suppose i will be entitled to any maternity leave even if someone hires me?
sad.gif

have you checked at the mom website whether the company is required to compensate you for the 4 months maternity?

yeah u're right, you will not be entitled to any ML if someone hires you. cause according to mom, if not wrong, you need to be with the company for at least 90 days for the company to grant you ML.

you can check more under the mom employment act, under the maternity para shld mention.

thanks.. i've just checked MOM website, as ML only applies 4 weeks before the delivery of the child, the company is not obliged to compensate me for ML.
sad.gif
sad.gif
i also wrote in to MOM to enquire.. see what they say.. sighz...

correction, found another clause that states the company cannot terminate me within 6 months of delivery date without sufficient cause. i dunno if they are filing for bankrupcy but no more funds sounds like sufficient cause to me so im screwed..
sad.gif
sad.gif

Hi kino, I went through exactly the same situation as you. I was laid off by my company 2weeks ago as they need to close down my team which has been making losses for last 2 years. I was still in my 6mth probation and they only offer to pay me 1 mth notice pay despite that i'm already 4mth pregnant. I spoke to MOM, the employer has to pay for my full 4mths ML if they terminate me. Unfortunately there is no employment act that protect we pregnant mummies from losing our job. What a shame! So now, I am resting at home since no employer will take me in for now. :'(

Do not give up trying to send your resumes to the employment agency.

I have experienced same like all of you here during my 4th month pregnancy and within a week time, I am very lucky to be employed by my current MNC company which pay better benefits as well as renumeration than my previous firm.

And I wrote to my MP who in turn wrote to MOM and I have about 8 weeks of compensation from my old company for laying me off without a good reason.

So it becomes a blessings in disguise for me.

Hope this is so for your case ya !

Actually I really think is a very bad vicious cycle for companies to terminate pregnant women without any valid reason! They are just adding one more sad bb into this world whose mother has to worry about $$ when she is not even fighting for any career or raise in income!!!!! What can MOM do? Just talk to the company? Fine the company? Pregnant mothers get one month compensation? After that? Can one month compensation help the families' financial situation? Is this how this world is made up? Then, how different are we with the by-standers who just walk past and watch that little girl being killed and crashed twice? The only difference is they do it openly!

Anyone wish to be my business partner which you can become an authorize franchise distributor owner. Low capital
Involved.
Do let me knw

Hi I am kaemii and I face the same situation too.. Laid off in my 8'ths preg. Been wiz e com for 2 yrs.. Dept closed down etc.. Wrote to MP,MoM but in vain cos I am suppose to e contract turn perm placement so I am more at losing end. Been really down initially CPA first pregnancy n tot can enjoy benefit but in vain.. Nw is awaitin for MCYS news if govt willing to compensate me wiz e 8wks ML which is better then nothin...

hi mummies.. thanks for responding. as expected, MOM was unable to help at all as rules are rules.. they can only "mediate". they also referred me to CPF and MCYS to check about ML benefits exception. and i ran round in circles for a few days.

but thank god things turned around for me. at the suggestion of a colleague i went to my gynae and managed to bring forward my EDD so that i am legally eligible for maternity benefits. went back to MOM with my boss again and now MOM says the company die die have to find the money to pay me for the full 16 weeks. phew. at least i'll have some income till the bb comes.

Kae> sorry to hear u abt your situation. i hope MCYS will be able to help provide you with the 8 mths ML remuneration.

Lyd> so did u get your 4 mths in the end? if so then yea, we're in the same situation. no job from now till bb comes. super bored at home. and really have to watch every penny spent.

Hi kino, yes I just received my 4mths maternity compensation this week. Yup, it is very bored and I'm trying to spend within my means now.
I am taking up some data entry assignments on ad-hoc basis. In fact, next week I need 2 more persons to share the data entry assignment with me over the weekend. So if anyone of you is available, has your own pc or laptop at home, please pm me by this wednesday so that I can make arrangement with you. Thanks.

I forgot to mention preferably to have moms who are staying in buangkok, Hougang or serangoon for the data entry assignment as the assignment has to be completed within short time frame over this weekend. Really sorry for not highlighting this earlier.

Hi Janice Koo, thanks for your interest in the data entry assignment. I have got enough people for this upcoming assignment. However I will keep you in mind. If I have any other assignments in future which need more help, I will contact you. Thanks and have a great week ahead.

Your appointment should state if you have maternity benefits. I used to be on contract and received maternity leave.

My company terminated mi today. I called my supervisor yesterday n say I felt being forced to quit n she say ask mi go discussion at office this morning before 10am. Who knows I go in office, the Hr manager say how come I come so late. If I keen in the job, I should have reported to work at normal workin hours?? I told them I will not quit n end up they terminated mi immediate. I was on probation still but fulfill 85 days work already which is 5 days more then they got to compensate mi. I call mom they say cannot do much cos it's 90 days before child birth. I told them I understand but I m juz 5 days away from 90 days n the company seems to b shirking responsibility. My company even challenged mi to report mom. Help!! Wat should I do??

jenny(stressgal): Goodness! i think there are alot of cases like that in Singapore. But do not fret. Are you very sure that your supervisor called you to say be there by 10am? if yes, look for her and ask her, but record her discreetly. It seems like they are just finding faults with you to terminate you. Please do call MOM and ask them to help you. This is definately discrimination against prganant ladies. I think you have a chance of winning. I do not think that you will be able to get full maternity, but at least you will be able to get compensation.

hi jenny, hope i'm not too late. you can ask your gynae to double check your edd and write you a letter if your edd is earlier. i was in a similar situation and it worked for me. PM me if you need more info.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and saw this topic, which is the main concern for me now. I'm recently trying to look out for new job opportunity (as my current co is doing bad in business and just retrenched 20 staff last mth). However, just found out am in 1 mth pregnancy. Do you think other co will still hire me with this condition? should i stay in current co? I don't know whether there will be another retrenchment or even shutdown of the co... feel very unsecure now with current job. any good advice?

hi all

I'm looking for a homebased have a pc and printer I jus delivered to my second one and nw my husband is facing a pay cut due to company not doing well I'm a stay home mum anyone wants to hire me ????

You can explore this too...

Thousands of people have found life changing opportunities with Tupperware. By journeying with us, many of our consultants have been able to earn extra income, pay off their homes, take amazing family vacations, start their own business and unearth self-confidence they never knew they had.

Email me for more: [email protected]

mummies, i have a easy n relax homebased to earn extra income.. All u have to do is to complete surveys to earn points..
(points can be redeem as cash thru paypal)

*This is not a scam as i'm also a SAHM who had started doing this for a mth.

Interested moms pls kindly pm me ur email address so i can send u the link.
Alternatively u may email me ur email address too to: [email protected]

Hi Kino,

Tried to PM you but in vain. Appreciate if you can provide your email address as I faced similar situation as you and would like to understand how you went about doing it. Tks.

M a SAHM and also a part time Wellness Coach. We organised events and activities.. Timing very flexible as we only go by appointments. Sometimes attend events during weekend only. Income can varies from $500- $2000. Depends on the activities you are involved. M delivering my #2 very soon, in Oct and i need help.

Any mummies, looking for extra income, please PM me k.

Hi mummies,im a sahm too with twins i cannot go back to work. life is hard everythings gets expensive & mine are double up.. anyone have lobang of homebase job can let me knw. need to earn some extra cash. thks.

Looking for homebase Part-time staff.

I am sure some of you are looking for a second income stream.

There are a few limited positions available for home-based part-time staff.

This is the ideal opportunity to create a second income for some of you who have some time on hand.

Appointments are:
1. Recruitment Officer ($2k-$5k per month)
2. Telemarkerters ($2k-$10k per month)

*Singapore & PR ONLY
*Age 18 years old and above

For both jobs, NO need to sell any products, NO cold call, NO meeting customers.
You have to come for a job briefing to understand more. This is not MLM.

Interested candidates, please email to [email protected] with your full name, IC number, age and Hp number

Back