Help - painful stomach after c-section

Rorolla

Hi, i just had my cesarean last monday. I usually sleep in a sitting position. Today when i woke up i somehow slipped and lay flat on bed. When i tried to get up with my hubby’s help, my split abs muscles hurt so bad and remained painful/sore for the next 2 hours. Is this normal? I don dare to go back to bed.

i also suffered from stomach pains whenever i eat or drink something almost immediately since Friday. I can feel the painful movement from the stomach all the way down to the intestines and the pain only resolves after i manage to release wind or pass motion. I’m not sure if this is due to the side effects of painkillers. Should i stop eating the painkillers?

Feeling so helpless as i don wanna keep waking my poor hubby up for every single thing. He’s more tired and sleep deprived than me for taking care of me around the clock and visiting the baby in the hospital NICU everyday. Not that he can help with these pains either...

Hi, you just had a major operation! You cannot expect your body to heal immediately. Be very careful as the csect wound may split. To get up from the bed, you probably need help from others until the wound heals properly. For the first two weeks, I wore the abdomen binder to sleep and only sleep on my side... I will press the bed to get up slowly and get help whenever possible. I also take all the painkillers especially in the first week... For my first child, I felt much better after one month but for my second child, I had persistent pains when I overexert and it took me 6 months to fully heal... I wore the abdomen binder for almost 6 months because every time I remove it and overexert, the pain comes back...

Try to get help if possible and rest, take walks but don't rush into exercising and heavy lifting. It is more important to fully recover than anything else

Hi, i just had my cesarean last monday. I usually sleep in a sitting position. Today when i woke up i somehow slipped and lay flat on bed. When i tried to get up with my hubby’s help, my split abs muscles hurt so bad and remained painful/sore for the next 2 hours. Is this normal? I don dare to go back to bed.

i also suffered from stomach pains whenever i eat or drink something almost immediately since Friday. I can feel the painful movement from the stomach all the way down to the intestines and the pain only resolves after i manage to release wind or pass motion. I’m not sure if this is due to the side effects of painkillers. Should i stop eating the painkillers?

Feeling so helpless as i don wanna keep waking my poor hubby up for every single thing. He’s more tired and sleep deprived than me for taking care of me around the clock and visiting the baby in the hospital NICU everyday. Not that he can help with these pains either...
You just had a csect! It can take days to even feel human like again. I starter feeling less pain maybe 2 to 3 weeks post csect. 2.5 months down thw road, pain is pretty much gone now

i see... i’m only 1 week away from the c-sec, mayb that’s why. i’ll try to bear this pain for another 2 weeks >.<

I didnt wear the binder to sleep last night, i’ll wear it tonight even though it’s uncomfortable to sleep with it. Hopefully it would give me less pain when i try to wake up in the middle of the night

Back