Help needed.

lonely&sad

Dear all,

I have some queries to check with all the mums here. My sister just got pregnant for 5 weeks, but the doctor she went to says she has dermoid cyst or something on her ovary? Advised her to reconsider giving birth and maybe opt for surgery to remove it.
My sister has been crying the whole time since my brother in law is mostly overseas for work commitment. As her brother, all I can advise is to go get a second opinion. She is waiting for another appointment with KKH at the moment.
I would like to check if any of you know of anyone with the same condition and still went ahead and have a healthy baby with the mum being totally safe.

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know how to help but I would like to recommend my gynae at Gleneagles. Dr Chan Kong Hon 6474 3228. He's an expert in keyhole surgeries and he is a highly respected gynae. I feel that it's good to consider opinions from private doctors as many of them have different SOPs and are more confident.
Hope this helps.

So sorry to hear that :( If i'm not mistaken the surgery to remove the cyst preferably should be done when your sister is in her 2nd trimester, but only if the cyst is 6cm-12cm big i think......... But yeah, do try to seek more professional opinions! I'm sure some gynaes would have experience in such cases will be able to advice otherwise :) All the best!

Dear all,

Thanks for the advice, will get my sister to go see a doctor first. But recently she's in pain so maybe they will consider giving up on the baby and go for the operation to remove the cyst.

Sorry I don't know how to help but I would like to recommend my gynae at Gleneagles. Dr Chan Kong Hon 6474 3228. He's an expert in keyhole surgeries and he is a highly respected gynae. I feel that it's good to consider opinions from private doctors as many of them have different SOPs and are more confident.
Hope this helps.

Hi Vespertine, do you mind to share with how is the charges like for Dr Chan? Tks

Back