[HELP]Any good Water Purifier Recommend?

Jannie S

Sorry for the multiple posting. I'm new here, the previous portal I posted seems don't have a lot of active parents and I hope I could get more help from here.

Recently my son got red rashes, went to the doctor a few times, not helping. I heard people say this might because the water we use. We are staying in an old HDB, not sure if the piping was too old and unclean. Anyway, I'm looking for an affordable and effective water filtration system, any suggestion?

Thanks so much for helping.

Chong Chin Hong

Hi there!!

I did my research on water filtration systems and found that generally, most filters do benefit consumers in terms of water quality, such as removing chlorine from tap water, to say the least. However, it is also very interesting that most brands overemphasise and highly market on that one particular trait their system has and therefore I would suggest consumers to really do their individual research carefully. Find out the sales volume of the water filtration system, know the technology behind each component and its relevancy in improving the water quality in your home and definitely you would want to look into the certification, inspection and accreditation of the water filtration system by renowned organisations such as NSF International and The Water Quality Association (WQA).

For residential drinking water treatment standards issued by NSF International
http://www.nsf.org/services/by-indu...esidential-drinking-water-treatment-standards

Get an idea of the different standards NSF International inspects and certifies and look up the water filtration system you have right now
http://info.nsf.org/Certified/DWTU/

For WQA, it issues the Gold Seal Registered Trademark
https://www.wqa.org/programs-services/product-certification/resources/certification-trademarks

Similarly, look up the water filtration system you have right now
https://www.wqa.org/find-products#/

Comparing the water filtration systems, including Brand D, Brand T, Brand C, Brand K and more, I found out that one of the only brands that legitimately proves their certification and live up to their claims is eSpring. In fact, it is the only Point-Of-Use (POU) water filtration system that combines Activated Carbon Block Filter, Ultraviolet Light Technology, Smart Chip Technology and Wireless Technology in an aesthetically pleasing and ultra-portable water filter.

Honestly, it is rare to find a water filter having a smart chip technology that conveniently monitors the cartridge usage for you. It is also economical as the electricity consumption per year is S$4.50, utilising 2.5W when on standby and 80W when the UV is on and the cartridge can last up to 5000L of water (10 000 bottles of water) or roughly a year, unlike many filters where the cartridges have to be replaced every few months. Lastly, despite how advanced and effective this water filter is, it manages to retain the beneficial substances such as calcium, magnesium and fluoride from your water source, and these minerals are essential for your bone, muscle and oral health.

I hope everyone is more aware when it comes to being an educated consumer instead of a blind consumer that makes purchases based purely on hearsay. Do your research and maximise the value-for-money on your purchases.

I have a friend who is willing to lend his eSpring unit for you to experience a 3-day trial and test whether this water filtration system really works for you, at no obligation to make any purchase after the completion of the trial. Does it make more sense to test it out and see the results for yourself than to base your preferences on hearsay?

*eSpring comes with a 3 year warranty and it can be extended for an additional 2 years at a minute cost.

Blurry88

Hi,

You may want to try HYFLO. They have very good reviews.
No harm trying to call, no obligation no worries and they are having promos right now. I personally have just installed their system and so far so good. My kid enjoys too. :)

Hotline: 9277 2381/ E Mail: Project@hyflo.sg
Facebook: HYFLO

Thanks!

MushroomLim

Hi Mummy, both my SIL and I have been using 3M Hot and Cold water dispenser since the birth of our children. I would recommend that - easy to use and convenient especially preparing milk for LO but can be a little pricey. :)

So many in the market! Which one to buy? Mine is just a filtration system. I rented a brand new set, with them for 5 years already. Per month is only $50. Every 2 months they will have someone to clean the filtration system for you. So far so good.

I don't like those with storage tanks.