HCG Levels Still Rising After Miscarriage

celestaseah

I have been an emotional rollercoaster and I am not sure how much more I can take. I am hoping someone has had a similar experience and can give some advice.

I started to spot the day after I found out I was pregnant. I went to my gyane and he say i would miscarry. Long story cut short ,I have had two ultrasounds which have shown nothing. On monday I had incredible pains and bleeding quite alot and blood clogs .. I was devestated but had accepted it. I went to the doctors because he said they need to do hcg test . I have had two tests and both times the levels have gone up. first test was 120, today tested 160. I told her there is no way I can be pregnant with all the bleeding and with what I passed but dr say they wouldn't do anything while the levels are still rising. i will need to do another hcg test next week. Has anyone ever gone through anything similar???

I heard of cases like this before, mother didn't know they are pregnant because of the blood.. Just be patient and follow up with the hcg test.. If you bleed with clog, your lining will be quite thin now, you might need help from gynae to stable your baby after confirmation..

I have been an emotional rollercoaster and I am not sure how much more I can take. I am hoping someone has had a similar experience and can give some advice.

I started to spot the day after I found out I was pregnant. I went to my gyane and he say i would miscarry. Long story cut short ,I have had two ultrasounds which have shown nothing. On monday I had incredible pains and bleeding quite alot and blood clogs .. I was devestated but had accepted it. I went to the doctors because he said they need to do hcg test . I have had two tests and both times the levels have gone up. first test was 120, today tested 160. I told her there is no way I can be pregnant with all the bleeding and with what I passed but dr say they wouldn't do anything while the levels are still rising. i will need to do another hcg test next week. Has anyone ever gone through anything similar???

First HCG test is 120
2 days after you did a test, it is 160?

1 - For normal pregancies, HCG level should doubled every 2 days.
2 - HCG level is too low to be detect via Ultrasound, at least 1500-2000 above.
3 - If constant bleeding and pain, you have to go directly to hospital instead of going to gynae anymore, as they will do a blood test and detailed scan on you on the spot without the need to wait until next day for blood test result.
4- blood clogs is something that is not good.
5 - If the HCG level still continues to rise, either its ectopic pregnancy, or chemical pregnancy which means it will rise to a level and starts to reduce.

My advise, please go directly to hospital and have a check to at least rule out the possibilities of ectopic pregnancy. as it can be life threatening.

Back