For any advice

kimloh

Hi mummies

Anyone has the same experience as me as my boy is now 3 yrs plus..

He still wake up for milk during night time which I believe this should have stop long ago..

My husband do not allow me to make milk for him even my boy want it . And I am the one who woke up to make the milk for my boy. . He doesn need to do anything. . Why must he object. .

Any mummies, have the same experience as mine?

Thanks

Ehhhh.... Actually not all kids outgrow and skips the milk feed. But of cos there are ways to cut down his milk feed, or even reasons why he is waking up to drink every night.
For example, my girl since 3mths old skip night feed till 2.5yr old. Den suddenly every night 2x she will wake up cry for milk, beginning i gave her water but she not happy.so i change her day schedule n increase intake of her milk. It improved to 1x a night. But after 6mths again start the routine. I realised is cos she been used to drinking from milk bottle! Shiok shiok close eyes hold bottle drink n zzz.
Den i force her 1st feed and last feed to drink from cup with straw, alot of resistance, crying and screaming and not wanting to drink. Took her some time to drink from cup, den she totally stop milk at night for 1yr already. Now last feed i add in the 'si shen fen -brown rice powder' in the milk to make it thicker.

Every kids habit is different, i know husbands jus dun understand, but even my sister in law also the same as ur hubby(she dun allow milk at night, end up is my bro or mum who make for her kids milk, n the kids ended up being scolded by the mother in d morning).
Maybe u can just talk to ur hubby, and understand his POV, or even u explaining to him why u give ur kid milk, theres no one solution to get things right...just try to make the best decision. Try talking to ur kid, 3yrs plus is very understanding and reasoning can sometimes help. But i feel dun force him to stop, cos may have adverse effect, i seen my niece cut her intake from 5 bottles 200ml each time to only 150ml once a day!! She only 5yr old and can see her rib shape (whereas my 4yr old girl at least still got tummy)..alot difference to their development.

Last time my hubby nv wake up to make milk for kids, jus suddenly he got tired of the cries or other reasons that he auto wake up to help out abit, MOST IMPORTANT, dun say negative stuff in front of husbands..haha. Cos my husband say 99% men ego big, will remember.... They prefer motivation and suggestions to get moving instead of nagging... o_O

I feel it also depends on the weight of your boy. If he is skinny, then I think it is ok to continue with night feeds, otherwise he may become skinnier after skipping the night feed.

When my gal was a baby (she is now 4yrs+), she will cry for night feeds at least 2x a night up till 2 years old. Actually I wanted to cut the feed and train my gal to sleep through but my hb objected. He wanted his baby to drink as much as she likes and so he will get up to make the milk.

My girl went from being a tiny 2.6kg at birth to 80 percentile of weight by 1 yr++

Now that she is 4 yrs+, she will still cry occasionally for milk in the middle of the night if she did not eat enough for dinner.

I think the hubby may also be concerned about the oral hygiene. Most PD will always advise parents about oral hygiene... At least mine did. Must brush after the last bottle at night.

Back