First Time Mum - No Experience at all

dragon_mum

Hi. I will be left alone to take care of my baby after my CL left. Nobody is helping me. I am totally inexperience with babies. I work at home, and would like to know is it possible to handle all work at home including cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the baby? Would it be 'dangerous' for someone like me so inexperience and busy at times to take care of my baby?

when i was first time mummy, i tot i can. but end up i really cant. U need to learn very well how to bath with baby, know baby what they want. Wat you need to do first thing if you baby feel unwell or cry non stop. For me, Im helpless. i keeps on calling my mum. Sometimes even no time eat, hahah.. dun even say housework. not to scare you. but maybe depend on certain baby ba. i can say, taking care a baby is not as simple what you think. Maybe initially my thinking was aiya... baby ma. everyday sleeping, eat and play. easy la. But, im wrong.

er...... no choice, hv to learnt loh. but maybe you wil l hv difficulty on starting.
sooner u will know how to cope.
Anyway, im working mummy now. Baby is wif nanny

Nanny? Local? So how long you stay with your bb before going to work? You returned to your old company or managed to find a new job?

Im frm jb actually SPR. Confinement only 8 weeks. I deliver my gal at tmc. I stay wif my gal for abt 1 and half months in spore at my bro's house. Den bring my gal back to jb. My gal currently bring taken care by nanny. Bring her back only on weekends.
Im returning my old company actually. Dun worry. Take time to learn.

I'm also a first time mom taking care of baby alone. It's really not easy but you just have to bite the bullet & do it somehow. I was actually very depressed & cried everyday after my CL left. I don't know how to bathe baby, how to clean up her poop etc & she cries when I do that for her. So it was hell for me in the first week & hubby still expects me to do the housework.
It has been 3 weeks now & I have learnt to be calm when she cries. You can't do anything if you panic. I'm still doing housework except for vacuuming & mopping the floor. & I ordered tingkat, no time to cook.
Most impt thing is to call someone to vent if it's too much for you to bear. I have been whatsapping my friends everyday to preserve my sanity

Hi moms,

Stumbled upon this thread..

U will surely cope..I looked after baby alone once my C-section wound healed (mom was helping with confinement earlier plus order tingkat) and although it was not easy, it can be done. Most important is to have the mindset that a first time mom is a first time mom and need to keep an open mind and learn. I also ordered tingkat for lunch and dinner, hb buys back. That can save a lot of time to focus on baby. No need to keep house so clean all the time, at least not until when baby turns toddler and starts to walk around house. Just keep baby bottles and feeding stuff clean can liao..

And let baby cry cry a bit nevermind, elder will tell u some crying is essential to try their lung capacity. Must think positive all the time k.

Cheers for Shernice and all the moms here..u all will surely survive..
happy.gif

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will update my status next week. At the most, one has to sacrifice, my work, house cleaning or cooking.

Hi dragon mum

I am sure you can do it.

There are a few products sold commercially that you can consider, if you feel the need to have your eye on baby all the time.

1. Baby monitor - allows you to step away from baby until your baby cries.

2. Portable rocker / feeding chair - think this was introduce by Combi. You can place baby in it and push it around the house. It can be fully inclined so baby can lie flat in it.

3. Baby carrier - my favourite method ( very traditional method too). I get to free up my hands to do chores while the baby stays snuggled in my bossom.

Like babygalore mentioned, let baby cry a bit it's ok one. When I had my first girl, I really had to cope by myself. My mom was busy taking care of my nephew, I did not have a maid and my hubby flies overseas for his job (he only comes home for the weekend). So jiayou! You can do it!

Sorry to post here while u guys have discussion. I need a little help. Do get to me for adoption of baby. As I'm trying to adopt one with reasonable amount which dont exceed 9,000.

Due to not able to give birth anymore(knew the news last month due to 2 times miscarriage in a year), i decided to go for adoption. The news really hurts me lOts coz I'm just 24 and have not even a kid yet. And the news do hurt my mum a lot too . She went a little bit far more than depressed and always thinking that baby is still in me whenever she thinks of it. Consult doctor but was saying medication can't cure only control as she needs to work out herself. So despite I'm very sad and depressed I got to think of not only me but her too.and at this point of time, Husband left me too. So my dad and I came out with a solution, since I can't give birth, why not adopt those who are keen to put for adoption so that my mum can be better and I can have a better motivation of living my life better.  kindly do help out for this.  it will be good for going to give birth de or newborn as they still can't recognise if not its like so cruel for those who alrd know their parents. Kindly give a helping hand. Apps 83006803 thank

Back