Fibroid and pregnancy

Bendi

Hi all, just want to seek some feedback on anyone who had fibroid and pregnant at the same time. Is it safe to proceed with the pregnancy? I'm having a dilemma whether to proceed. Doc didn't say cannot proceed though. But say will need to cut after delivery.
Anyone had personal experience?

Hi, already pregnant for few weeks. Fibroid is discovered before pregnancy.

Ah i see, sorry I have no experience on that.
But since she's already pregnant, n doctor said it is not a problem, maybe I can make sure by getting 2nd opinion from other doctor.
Fibroid should not be dangerous.

:)

Hi, I am in the same situation as you, but I discovered the fibroid few weeks into the pregnancy. I consult both public/private hospital gynaes, they say shouldn't be a problem to continue with the pregnancy.

dont worry too much :)

Hi, I am in the same situation as you, but I discovered the fibroid few weeks into the pregnancy. I consult both public/private hospital gynaes, they say shouldn't be a problem to continue with the pregnancy.

dont worry too much :)

Hi thanks for the advice. How big is your fibriod?

Hi,

Now it's currently 1cm and I discovered it during a detailed ultrasound pelvis done by KKH, normal ultrasound can't see it.

How about your wife's ?

Hi,

Now it's currently 1cm and I discovered it during a detailed ultrasound pelvis done by KKH, normal ultrasound can't see it.

How about your wife's ?

My wife quite big. Normal ultrasound by gyne can see already. Initially the gyne though that was the baby lol!!

@Bendi, but i think since the gynae didn't mention anything about pregnancy and fibroid cannot co-exists, I think should be ok.

For now, let us trust the experts. :D

It depends on the location of the fibroid. Some are growing outwards, hence no issue with pregnancy, but there are some that grows inwards, which may cause miscarriage if it grows bigger. Check with your gynae on the location and if poses any risk.

Hi Bendi, I have fibroids for both my pregnancies too. A couple was bigger than baby during the first trimester. But everything turns out well. 2nd pregnancy, I'm not bothered by a few that remains when told by the sonographer. The fibroids even collapse after delivery which is good. Trust your gynae and take care.

Hi Bendi, I have fibroids for both my pregnancies too. A couple was bigger than baby during the first trimester. But everything turns out well. 2nd pregnancy, I'm not bothered by a few that remains when told by the sonographer. The fibroids even collapse after delivery which is good. Trust your gynae and take care.

Thanks. Do you have any discomfort during the pregnancy due to the fibriod?

Hi I have fibroids and in my second pregnancy now. Gynae said it doesn't affect pregnancy. However, during my first pregnancy, there were about 2 weeks when fibroids grew with hormonal growth and I experienced great pain (like contractions). I was told to take normal panadols, but I didn't work for me. Just had to bear through the pain and it eventually went off.
Thankfully after the firstborn and breastfeeding, it calcified and was told it's unlikely to grow anymore.
So, all in all, not to worry. Baby is alright :)

Hi I have fibroids and in my second pregnancy now. Gynae said it doesn't affect pregnancy. However, during my first pregnancy, there were about 2 weeks when fibroids grew with hormonal growth and I experienced great pain (like contractions). I was told to take normal panadols, but I didn't work for me. Just had to bear through the pain and it eventually went off.
Thankfully after the firstborn and breastfeeding, it calcified and was told it's unlikely to grow anymore.
So, all in all, not to worry. Baby is alright :)

Good to hear that!

Back