Feeling like a failed mother

Anybody has a toddler girl that prefers daddy so much more than mummy? My one year old girl loves her daddy so much that she only looks to him for comfort, and cries and pushes me away when I try to carry her. I try to play with her and spend time with her but somehow her reaction is just different. Anyone facing the same issue with their daughter? Did they grow out of it eventually or things still stayed the same?

How would you have failed as a mother when your one year old girl knows nothing?

For all you know, she may be an Alpha female/ seductress! :D

Usually girls tend to be closer with daddy at young age.. And closer to mummy at older age (5 and above?)
While boys tend to be closer with mummy at young age.. and close/not so close to daddy/mummy at older age

Anybody has a toddler girl that prefers daddy so much more than mummy? My one year old girl loves her daddy so much that she only looks to him for comfort, and cries and pushes me away when I try to carry her. I try to play with her and spend time with her but somehow her reaction is just different. Anyone facing the same issue with their daughter? Did they grow out of it eventually or things still stayed the same?

My son is similar. He would prefer his father over me. But maybe that's because I'm also the disciplinarian. He will still look for me when I'm not around though when I'm around, he will ask for Papa. Are you also the disciplinarian? Maybe you try to sepdn some time alone with her without people around? Take a walk together etc?

Gal always more sticky to daddy.. not to worry.. just continue to spend more time with her... she will turn to you one day ;)

Or think another way, you then can have more time to do housework or own stuff :rolleyes::D

My older twin feels more at home with me while younger girl is quite sticky with my husband.

I think it is more of a preference with the children.

Don't worry,just spend more time with your kids and get to know them well.

Back