Feb 2018 mummies to be

For those who have not already know, there is another upcoming baby fair at Expo, Baby Market happening on 13-15 Oct. Cheers!

thanks for sharing!
does any know whether there will be any baby fairs during Dec - Jan? cuz I'm only plannin to start buying the baby stuff from Dec onwards, therefore I think the baby fair on Oct is too early for me ...

Hmm.. maybe in this case you can take prenatal multivits. Don't force yourself to drink powdered milk if you don't like it.

Like others mentioned, milo is also a good option.
This pg I hated the smell of milo too, so actually the only drink i take besides water is orange juice and prune juice.

I'm taking prenatal multivit given by the doc, besides of that I'm taking calcium, fish oil and vitamin c... not only I'm not a milk person but I don't eat much greens too, I do like salad a lot but gynae say no to that so yeah I dunno what to do now haha.. saw the diet chart for pregnant mum, recommended 2 servings of green and 2 servings of fruits a day.. hmm I'm thinking what can I do to replace that 2 servings of greens.. it freaked me abit when it says if we don't eat healthy baby may hv medical complications in future :(

im worried I'm not giving enough nutrients to baby coz I'm still vomiting even at week 16 now and can't eat much, moreover I don't hv family to cook for me so eat outside food most of the time, I tot that at least the powdered milk is formulated for pregnant mum so it should provide enough nutrients to the baby.. but if can of coz I prefer fresh milk than powdered milk, I grew up drinking milo coz really dislike milk..
anyway I'm taking calcium pills since day 1 but not the calcium that I'm worried but other essential nutrients the baby needed...
Hi Nattie369, you can look at prenatal supplements if your gynae has not prescribed you any. There are quite a few brands out there in Guardian and Watsons. These will have all the necessary vitamins for baby's growth.

I'm taking prenatal multivit given by the doc, besides of that I'm taking calcium, fish oil and vitamin c... not only I'm not a milk person but I don't eat much greens too, I do like salad a lot but gynae say no to that so yeah I dunno what to do now haha.. saw the diet chart for pregnant mum, recommended 2 servings of green and 2 servings of fruits a day.. hmm I'm thinking what can I do to replace that 2 servings of greens.. it freaked me abit when it says if we don't eat healthy baby may hv medical complications in future :(

hi babe~ ur calcium, fish oil and vitamin c also given by ur gynae? or u get it urself from elsewhere?

how about drinking veggie soup? like spinach soup which has high folate content ... i don't really eat much veggies too so i eat more fruits to kind of replace the lack of veggies .. =x

hi babe~ ur calcium, fish oil and vitamin c also given by ur gynae? or u get it urself from elsewhere?

how about drinking veggie soup? like spinach soup which has high folate content ... i don't really eat much veggies too so i eat more fruits to kind of replace the lack of veggies .. =x

Only multivit from gynae, the rest of the supplements my mum bought them from Forever, she said all natural so no harm overdose but I'm taking it moderately..just that supplements can't fully replace greens and all right, I still need to eat right..

so far my gynae has no concern with my diet, I only gained 0.7kg since my first visit, he asks me to keep in that pace, everyday I touch my belly wondering is my baby actually growing coz it's always bloated that feel air more than baby haha.. I think I need to take milk for baby good, like force myself to down it since I'm not taking much of greens... fruits wise I'll try to eat one apple a day and drink Forever aloe vera berry nectar juice, it helps to prevent constipation...

hi yall! first time mummy here! i am wondering if there is any good gynae anyone can recommend in the east or central area? im just coming back from working overseas and im so excited!

Hi Mummies, I'm a first time mummy. EDD 16 Feb. Facing problems finding confinement lady. Very expensive. Anyone has day time confinement nanny to recommend?

Just received call from the nurse that my Panaroma test is of low risk. I can finally sleep well.

May I check does mommies have discharge in trim 2? I having some yellowish sticky discharge. Is this normal or worrying?

Just received call from the nurse that my Panaroma test is of low risk. I can finally sleep well.

May I check does mommies have discharge in trim 2? I having some yellowish sticky discharge. Is this normal or worrying?

Is there any smell or itching? If yes, then you should see your gynae. Otherwise should be fine. I have been having discharge but its not sticky. My gynae says if its not smelly or itchy, then he will not prescribe any medication.

i've been having discharge too so i think its normal. :)

I'm 16 weeks and I'm feeling little flutters especially at night. Not happening everyday though and I've only felt actual kicks twice. Btw, this is my second pregnancy.

so far, i've felt actual kicks twice too. :)
how does little flutters feel like though?
im also at my 16th week and somtimes i've felt some mild movements inside,
however as this is my first pregnancy, im not sure whether its just gas or my baby kicking ...
cuz it feels different from the two actual kicks i've felt previously ..

however as this is my first pregnancy, im not sure whether its just gas or my baby kicking ...

I am at my 16 weeks too. How does the kicks feel like? I hope I can feel it too, though I suspect i won't be able to tell.

I am at my 16 weeks too. How does the kicks feel like? I hope I can feel it too, though I suspect i won't be able to tell.

it felt like soft thuds from within. :)
the first time i felt it directly below my belly button, the second time was at the left side of my belly button.

i'm sure you will be able to feel it soon too!

Apparently, little flutters is like quick & gentle movements / bb poking the tummy lightly. Sometimes when I placed my hand on my tummy, I can feel movements of my little one, it feels like a little bump coming up slightly and it went away after a few sec.
17 weeks now, I had cramps off and on mainly on my right pelvis. Not to mention I have a lot of discharge as well. I didn't have all these problems for my first pregnancy so I'm quite worried. Is that normal? Anyone experienced the same thing?

Hi, anyone having pregnancy rashes? I have been having the rashes for a few weeks now, mainly on my tummy but it seems to be spreading to the breasts. My gynae says its normal and if it's not too uncomfortable, he is not prescribing anything.

Hello. It's my first time being mummy. I don't have much morning sickness in my 1st trim. I'm currently into my 2nd trim, 18weeks and I'm experiencing headaches followed by vomiting at least once a week.. :( is there any solution other than Panadol? As I'm working, the headache troubles me a lot. It could be constantly throbbing at the back of my head for 2days straight

Hi, anyone having pregnancy rashes? I have been having the rashes for a few weeks now, mainly on my tummy but it seems to be spreading to the breasts. My gynae says its normal and if it's not too uncomfortable, he is not prescribing anything.

i have it round my tummy and it itch so bad that i have to stop using the stretch marks cream. my rashes are in small bumps. try applying AV gel and moisturizer to prevent drying.

Hi all! I'm 2nd time mommy. Looking for feb 2018 mommy group to join. Is there a whatsapp group created aldy that I can join?

Hi all, I'm 1st time mom working overseas. Looking forward to fly back to SG next year.
If there is a feb 2018 group, would love to join the whatsapp grp too :)

hi all MTB! I am back to the forum. I had a cyst removal surgery on 7 Aug. it will takes 2-3 mths for fully recovery. Glad that the cyst is not cancerous and bb is growing well. Tummy bump starts to appear but still not big till all my colleagues notice (haha!). For the 1st 3 mths, i have lost 6kg, as I have MS very badly. I was so worried that the bb will not grow well, but my gynae said bb is growing at the right size. He told me bb is not taking what I eat, bb is taking nutrients from my blood. Glad that my blood has enough nutrients for bb. :) I think mummies no need to worry abt this, bb will grow well even though u cant eat much.

i have it round my tummy and it itch so bad that i have to stop using the stretch marks cream. my rashes are in small bumps. try applying AV gel and moisturizer to prevent drying.

Yeah, the itching can be quite bad. It takes a lot of willpower to stop myself from scratching; though I cave in at times. I am using Clarins tonic oil but the oil doesn't seem moisturising enough! So I am now going to add another layer of moisturiser on top of the oil and see how it does.
Are your rashes spreading?

Yeah, the itching can be quite bad. It takes a lot of willpower to stop myself from scratching; though I cave in at times. I am using Clarins tonic oil but the oil doesn't seem moisturising enough! So I am now going to add another layer of moisturiser on top of the oil and see how it does.

Maybe can try BioOil? My colleague used that

the rashes is round my abdomen. i was using clarins tonic oil and stretch marks control together and i realised i have rashes after using. Not sure was it Clarins product that causes it and i have took a stop . Not applying any stretch marks products currently but afraid will develop marks. Dilemma.

Yellow discharge is the norm but it cannot cause any troubles if there are no other unpleasant symptoms as smell, itching, burning, and pain. Otherwise, the gynaecological examination must be performed. Especially, when discharge has dark yellow colour.

the rashes is round my abdomen. i was using clarins tonic oil and stretch marks control together and i realised i have rashes after using. Not sure was it Clarins product that causes it and i have took a stop . Not applying any stretch marks products currently but afraid will develop marks. Dilemma.

I dont think u should use so much... Too much will also cause itchiness... My first preg i used avene spray... To relief...

Mine is around abdomen initially but starting spreading to the breasts. Do you use the tonic oil and control cream on other body parts? If yes and there's no rashes on other body parts, then it's unlikely they are causing the rash? I use the oil on other body parts too and only selected areas of the abdomen (and now breast) have rashes.

Just wondering, for those who had bad appetite in first trimester, has your appetite returned? My appetite in 2nd trimester is worse than 1st trimester. Though I have been gaining weight as I force myself to eat my meals per normal... I thought the symptoms will ease up in 2nd trimester but I'm still nauseous, and my energy level is still low...

I dont think u should use so much... Too much will also cause itchiness... My first preg i used avene spray... To relief...
I was advise by clarins to use both oil and control cream for better effect. But since I develop rashes, I stopped for now. But my condition did not seems to improve much. It did not spread is still around abdomen area.

Just wondering, for those who had bad appetite in first trimester, has your appetite returned? My appetite in 2nd trimester is worse than 1st trimester. Though I have been gaining weight as I force myself to eat my meals per normal... I thought the symptoms will ease up in 2nd trimester but I'm still nauseous, and my energy level is still low...

slightly better than 1st tri onli. but still dun eat as much as times before pregnant.

I was advise by clarins to use both oil and control cream for better effect. But since I develop rashes, I stopped for now. But my condition did not seems to improve much. It did not spread is still around abdomen area.
Initially my gynae said it might be my clothes as the rash is localised. I forgot to tell him it's spreading. But I get the rash regardless of the type of clothes I'm wearing....so think it is likely hormonal... Hope you are moisturizing the area...

i couldn't stomach alot of food during my trim 1, mostly surviving on bread and roti prata.
now i'm able to eat rice n noodles (sometimes have to force myself tho) in trim 2 but appetite still haven't back to normal yet.

as for energy level, im feeling abit more energised to work during weekdays, den weekends i can just sleep the whole weekend away .. lol. previously, is 24/7 machiam bo energy ...

i thought mine was worse when i hit 2nd trimester... now like coming back VERY SLOWLY. today had cravings for kimchi

My appetite has always been quite good. But I'm still vomiting, week 17 now.

Zero weight gain/loss since week 1.

me..... confirm no confinement nanny... too ex

hi flairy! is this ur first baby or? may i know how r u intending to DIY ur confinement? E.g, with help from maid or family members?

i'm intending to do self confinement too but as its my first time, was hoping to learn from those who have done self confinement or intending to do self confinement .. :)

i thought mine was worse when i hit 2nd trimester... now like coming back VERY SLOWLY. today had cravings for kimchi
That's good for you!
My appetite seems to have disappeared but I am still able to take in food. Just don't enjoy it. As such, I am looking to eat sour food (which means spicy food I suppose) but my husband doesn't want me to take spicy food. Is kimchi fine? I heard cabbages are very cooling, so I stopped taking kimchi when pregnant.

My appetite has always been quite good. But I'm still vomiting, week 17 now.

Zero weight gain/loss since week 1.
I'm still vomiting too. reaching week 17. But the intensity of throwing up is less intense.
I've gained like 2.5kg already, even with a bad appetite :eek:

Back