Feb 2018 mummies to be

My results came back with high risk of 1:162 and I'm 28 this year. My heart sank when I was informed and rushed down to the clinic to have the Panaroma test done and need to wait for 10 days for the results which is so torturous..:(
Oscar is quite inaccurate with high rate of false positive. which measurement caused the risk to be high? blood test, nuchal translucency or nasal bone? Most of the time mums (like me do an amnio or harmony/panorama) and ita fine!

Oscar is quite inaccurate with high rate of false positive. which measurement caused the risk to be high? blood test, nuchal translucency or nasal bone? Most of the time mums (like me do an amnio or harmony/panorama) and ita fine!

I'm not too sure which causes the hike in the risk.
Here's what I see on the report

Nasal bone: present
Nuchal translucency: 1.15
Age risk: 1:742
Biochemical t21 risk: 1:59
Combined trisomy 21 risk: 1:162
Trisomy 13/18 + NT : <1:10000

I have also seen reviews of the high false positive rate of oscar but am still very worried while waiting for the panaroma results to be out.

I'm not too sure which causes the hike in the risk.
Here's what I see on the report

Nasal bone: present
Nuchal translucency: 1.15
Age risk: 1:742
Biochemical t21 risk: 1:59
Combined trisomy 21 risk: 1:162
Trisomy 13/18 + NT : <1:10000

I have also seen reviews of the high false positive rate of oscar but am still very worried while waiting for the panaroma results to be out.

Seems like it's the blood test results that increase the risk ratio. For me, it was the NT that increased the risk ratio. I know until the NIPT result is out, you won't stop worrying. In the meantime, hopefully you can take comfort that there is a 161/162 chance your baby will be fine.

My gynae showed us the ultrasound and calculated the fetal heart rate. He also provided the EDD. I think it depends on the kind of gynae but I think in SG, most gynae would do the same. My private gynae also asked about my diet and told me what to avoid to prevent gestational diabetes.

At 8-10 weeks, gynae started to discuss about NIPT and Oscar test. There is a time limit for Oscar scan. It cannot be done beyond 13 weeks 6 days. So if you want to go for it, you should tell your gynae about it. NIPT can be done at anytime after 10 weeks.

Is there a period we need to do the paramano test?

My gynae showed us the ultrasound and calculated the fetal heart rate. He also provided the EDD. I think it depends on the kind of gynae but I think in SG, most gynae would do the same. My private gynae also asked about my diet and told me what to avoid to prevent gestational diabetes.

At 8-10 weeks, gynae started to discuss about NIPT and Oscar test. There is a time limit for Oscar scan. It cannot be done beyond 13 weeks 6 days. So if you want to go for it, you should tell your gynae about it. NIPT can be done at anytime after 10 weeks.

Because of my age(35), the gynae asked me to just go ahead to do safeT21, I think is kind of NIPT done locally. I wanted to go for those tests that are sent to US for processing but she suggested I should just go for this instead.

I can't wait to go back Singapore to feel more at home.

Last edited:
Seems like it's the blood test results that increase the risk ratio. For me, it was the NT that increased the risk ratio. I know until the NIPT result is out, you won't stop worrying. In the meantime, hopefully you can take comfort that there is a 161/162 chance your baby will be fine.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the results comes back good..

Because of my age(35), the gynae asked me to just go ahead to do safeT21, I think is kind of NIPT done locally. I wanted to go for those tests that are sent to US for processing but she suggested I should just go for this instead.

I can't wait to go back Singapore to feel more at home.

Just FYI, The Oscar test also looks at the risk of trisomy 13 and 18. The scan takes a look at the body structures e.g. Heart, brain and legs.
The NIPT e.g. Harmony, looks at trisomy 13, 18 and 21. It also looks at the sex chromosomes that's why sex can be made known. Some tests also look at micro deletions of certain parts of chromosomes.

Just FYI, The Oscar test also looks at the risk of trisomy 13 and 18. The scan takes a look at the body structures e.g. Heart, brain and legs.
The NIPT e.g. Harmony, looks at trisomy 13, 18 and 21. It also looks at the sex chromosomes that's why sex can be made known. Some tests also look at micro deletions of certain parts of chromosomes.
I just want to say I'm so impressed by your knowledge!

Is there a period we need to do the paramano test?
Panorama can be done from 9 weeks. Some prefer to do a bit later as sometimes when done to eary may nit have enough fetal serum for the test and may need to do another blood draw. But I did mine at 9 weeks and got my results.

Harmony from 10 weeks onwards

The gynae didn't offer me Oscar test(no idea about this Oscar test, I wished I had researched more). I hope the NIPT i did is comprehensive enough.

Panorama can be done from 9 weeks. Some prefer to do a bit later as sometimes when done to eary may nit have enough fetal serum for the test and may need to do another blood draw. But I did mine at 9 weeks and got my results.

Harmony from 10 weeks onwards

I will be doing harmony test in week 13. Will it be too late?

I just want to say I'm so impressed by your knowledge!

*smile* this is a result of asking so many questions to everyone involved - the nurse, the gynae, the radiologist, the genetic counselors etc. I'm just a worrywart and am into making informed decisions. :p

Hi beautiful mums!

My edd is 3 Mar. since this is my #2, I expect the baby will be out slightly earlier...

Cheers

Hello

any mommies here see TCM to "pu" your body during pregnancy? I have been very heaty, very dry skin on face and body and always feel tired. I went to see a certified TCM and she said that my body is weak and heaty that is why it may be the reason why I had spotting during the first trimester but she will not recommend me any herbs to take as western gynae will blame on the tcm medicine if anything happen to the baby. So I am looking for a tcm to advise on food and safe herbs that can help.

I did ask her on barley, chrysanthemum tea and she said if body heaty cannot anyhow take liang teh. Need to see tcm to see what is the body like to take the right herbal tea.

I felt very weak for this pregnancy and went ahead to the tcm at lavender. He gave powdered herbs in sachets to mix with water.

He said the same thing. No barley no cooling herbal drink. No pearl powder. For me, lots of rest (lay on the bed) and minimise walking.

Let me know if u need the contact of this tcm.

I felt very weak for this pregnancy and went ahead to the tcm at lavender. He gave powdered herbs in sachets to mix with water.

He said the same thing. No barley no cooling herbal drink. No pearl powder. For me, lots of rest (lay on the bed) and minimise walking.

Let me know if u need the contact of this tcm.
Hi, it's normal for pregnant mom to be heaty. My sinseh in marine parade says body need to be warm to keep the bb. No Liang Teh and also no tonic. He emphasized no DANG GUI. Should u suspect the food u took outside has dang gui, u have to go hospital immediately for western an Tai Yao安胎药. No tonic for first trim n last trim. He ask me to go bk during 2nd trim for med.
Meantime take more fruits n veg will help heatiness. But then again not those cooling types. Also steam chicken breast to drink the essence.
This sinseh focus on women only in case u want his opinion, His clinic is in blk 81 marine parade open from Wed to sun morning only.

How frequent? Mine about 4-5 times a week, normally at night before or after dinner... any suggestion? Really tired of it, lost of appetite too, afraid baby not enough nutrients :(
About the same as yours dear, my gynae gave me medicine to eat 1 tablet 3 times a day when necessary for the vomiting.
In fact mine happens anytime mostly after I eat, especially when I'm having headache. I eat paracetamol like my vitamins.

My doctor suggest eating small meals but more frequent, sometimes could be indigestion. Drink warm water! I drink alot of hot chocolate and Milo! Hehehe.

About the same as yours dear, my gynae gave me medicine to eat 1 tablet 3 times a day when necessary for the vomiting.
In fact mine happens anytime mostly after I eat, especially when I'm having headache. I eat paracetamol like my vitamins.

My doctor suggest eating small meals but more frequent, sometimes could be indigestion. Drink warm water! I drink alot of hot chocolate and Milo! Hehehe.

I'm trying to avoid medicine, hope we'll be alright very soon, I'm taking soybased protein shake, hope to replenish the nutrients needed.. paracetamol is ok for baby but best to avoid? pray hard this will be over very soon, really tired of it.. I miss eating like normal haha

Hi mommies!

Im a FTM and im 16 going 17 weeks. I was resting and laying fown on my bed earlier today and i noticed a small bump right beside my belly button. It felt hard. But disappeared after awhile. Is it normal? Should i contact my gynae?

I'm trying to avoid medicine, hope we'll be alright very soon, I'm taking soybased protein shake, hope to replenish the nutrients needed.. paracetamol is ok for baby but best to avoid? pray hard this will be over very soon, really tired of it.. I miss eating like normal haha
Yes dear, because prior pregnancy I already have frequent headaches and migraine thus I can't stand the slightest headache. The medicine doctor gave to stop nausea makes me drowsy so I try to avoid as I'm still on a lookout for jobs. But this afternoon just now I went to KKH doctor mention I have amniotic fluid leaking thus a bit worried.

Yes dear, because prior pregnancy I already have frequent headaches and migraine thus I can't stand the slightest headache. The medicine doctor gave to stop nausea makes me drowsy so I try to avoid as I'm still on a lookout for jobs. But this afternoon just now I went to KKH doctor mention I have amniotic fluid leaking thus a bit worried.
Hi, may I know how did the doctor determine that there's amniotic fluid leaking out? Did the doc check your cervix?

Hi, may I know how did the doctor determine that there's amniotic fluid leaking out? Did the doc check your cervix?
She did the swab test, and the swab turns black means somewhere is leaking.
That's what she says She even wanted me hospitalized but I didn't want to, so she ask me observe and see how.

How frequent? Mine about 4-5 times a week, normally at night before or after dinner... any suggestion? Really tired of it, lost of appetite too, afraid baby not enough nutrients :(
I am in the same boat. My morning sickness, in fact all day sickness was pretty bad. Had been vomiting every night after dinner since week 8. Vomiting has gradually became lesser and now at 16 weeks, once or twice a week. For my last pregnancy, I also threw up a lot during the first trimester. But in the end, I had a big baby lol. Don't worry, the baby will still get the nutrients they needed. Just remember to drink more water to keep yourself hydrated. For me, drinking Chinese soup also helps. Jiayou!

She did the swab test, and the swab turns black means somewhere is leaking.
That's what she says She even wanted me hospitalized but I didn't want to, so she ask me observe and see how.

Is that a routine test? Or did you mention anything such as extra mucous and that why the test was done?
Please do not carry heavy stuff and have more bed rest.

Hi mommies!

Im a FTM and im 16 going 17 weeks. I was resting and laying fown on my bed earlier today and i noticed a small bump right beside my belly button. It felt hard. But disappeared after awhile. Is it normal? Should i contact my gynae?
I experienced the similar thing too last night. When I was placing my hand on my tummy, I felt a hard bump below my belly button and it went away after 10 sec or so. I reckon it could be the baby moving:)

I just went for NT scan and paranoma yesterday and the baby NT is on the high side. This make me so worrying. And I have fibroid in my womb. Any mommies have the same experience to share?

I just went for NT scan and paranoma yesterday and the baby NT is on the high side. This make me so worrying. And I have fibroid in my womb. Any mommies have the same experience to share?

For my Oscar, fetus was also shown to have high NT. What's the NT for your baby? Mine is 2.9. So this makes the baby high risk for trisomy 21. But I did the Harmony test 1 week before the scan and got the results a few days after the scan. Harmony gave an all-clear.
But I was told to go back for 15th week detailed scan as high NT can be indicative of heart defects. Hopefully your paranorma results will be good

For my Oscar, fetus was also shown to have high NT. What's the NT for your baby? Mine is 2.9. So this makes the baby high risk for trisomy 21. But I did the Harmony test 1 week before the scan and got the results a few days after the scan. Harmony gave an all-clear.
But I was told to go back for 15th week detailed scan as high NT can be indicative of heart defects. Hopefully your paranorma results will be good

My NT was 2.6 measured by sonographer and 2.8 measured by my Doc bedside scan. My detailed scan will only be in week 20. The lower the NT the better right?

Do you know the baby nasal bone during the NT scan?

I see there is background risk and adjusted risk. Which one do we see?

Last edited:
My NT was 2.6 measured by sonographer and 2.8 measured by my Doc bedside scan. My detailed scan will only be in week 20.

Do you know the baby nasal bone during the NT scan?

Nasal bone was detected. 2.6 seems really to be at the borderline.
Was nasal bone detected for yours?
I have two detailed scans scheduled, one at 15th weeks and another at 20 weeks. The doctors are just being very cautious, I suppose.

I am very disappointed with TMC. Report stated NT 1.6mm and I called and check they admit they did a mistake should be 2.6mm. Have to re-caculate th risk factor.

The nurses even told me since u have done your paranamo scan should be fine. What's the point of spending so much for the NT when the result is not even accurately reported and this makes patient super anxious and worry. Hai

Is that a routine test? Or did you mention anything such as extra mucous and that why the test was done?
Please do not carry heavy stuff and have more bed rest.
Nope, I went to the doctor cause I had sudden gush of water that came out while I was on my way for interview.
All is fine now, am trying to lie on bed as much as possible....

I am in the same boat. My morning sickness, in fact all day sickness was pretty bad. Had been vomiting every night after dinner since week 8. Vomiting has gradually became lesser and now at 16 weeks, once or twice a week. For my last pregnancy, I also threw up a lot during the first trimester. But in the end, I had a big baby lol. Don't worry, the baby will still get the nutrients they needed. Just remember to drink more water to keep yourself hydrated. For me, drinking Chinese soup also helps. Jiayou!

I'm 15w plus now and I'm still vomiting everyday. Good days will be maybe once in the whole day. Other times would be 3-4 times after each meal.

Doc said I'm not dehydrated. So I'm persisting with not taking medicine. After every round of vomit I'll just eat sth to "top up".

I'm 15w plus now and I'm still vomiting everyday. Good days will be maybe once in the whole day. Other times would be 3-4 times after each meal.

Doc said I'm not dehydrated. So I'm persisting with not taking medicine. After every round of vomit I'll just eat sth to "top up".
Ya I also refrain myself from taking medicine despite having bad MS. Hopefully the vomiting phase will pass very soon. Hang in there, mommies!
On a positive note, my panorama test result came back. Am thankful everything is low risk and I am having a boy! So excited my girl is going to have a didi though she prefers a meimei :p

Nope, I went to the doctor cause I had sudden gush of water that came out while I was on my way for interview.
All is fine now, am trying to lie on bed as much as possible....

R u looking for office job? Will they even consider if they know ur pregnant? I always wanted to look for a better job but now that I'm pregnant I hv stopped all the job searching coz I tot no one would even think of hiring someone pregnant then few months later need to pay extra to hire maternity replacement..

Any mummy starts drinking milk already? I hv gotten the enfamama sample but so reluctant to try... isit really a must to drink as much milk and when is the best time to start?

Any mummy starts drinking milk already? I hv gotten the enfamama sample but so reluctant to try... isit really a must to drink as much milk and when is the best time to start?
Its not a must to take such powered milk. They are v sweet and can make you gain weight fast. Fresh milk is probably a better option

I didn't take them for both pregnancies, but I made sure I took daily calcium pills from 2nd tri.

Its not a must to take such powered milk. They are v sweet and can make you gain weight fast. Fresh milk is probably a better option

I didn't take them for both pregnancies, but I made sure I took daily calcium pills from 2nd tri.

im worried I'm not giving enough nutrients to baby coz I'm still vomiting even at week 16 now and can't eat much, moreover I don't hv family to cook for me so eat outside food most of the time, I tot that at least the powdered milk is formulated for pregnant mum so it should provide enough nutrients to the baby.. but if can of coz I prefer fresh milk than powdered milk, I grew up drinking milo coz really dislike milk..
anyway I'm taking calcium pills since day 1 but not the calcium that I'm worried but other essential nutrients the baby needed...

im worried I'm not giving enough nutrients to baby coz I'm still vomiting even at week 16 now and can't eat much, moreover I don't hv family to cook for me so eat outside food most of the time, I tot that at least the powdered milk is formulated for pregnant mum so it should provide enough nutrients to the baby.. but if can of coz I prefer fresh milk than powdered milk, I grew up drinking milo coz really dislike milk..
anyway I'm taking calcium pills since day 1 but not the calcium that I'm worried but other essential nutrients the baby needed...
I am also not a fan of milk. I drank Anmum chocolate flavor for my first pregnancy. That is only FM brand I can stomach. For my current pregnancy, I only take Calcium supplements and also drink milo.

My gynae suggested I could add Milo to the milk powder if I don't like the taste of the milk. Just be sure you don't use 3 in 1 Milo. Having said that, I have not drank a single pack of milk powder amongst the samples I got from his clinic. I'm just not a milk person.

Are you taking other supplements? I suppose we should be taking multivits and DHA now.

Hmm.. maybe in this case you can take prenatal multivits. Don't force yourself to drink powdered milk if you don't like it.

Like others mentioned, milo is also a good option.
This pg I hated the smell of milo too, so actually the only drink i take besides water is orange juice and prune juice.

Back