Feb 2018 mummies to be

Hello ladies...

Can recommend me a gynae in NUH??
Currently in wk 9+. Went for first NUH appt but considering which gynae I should take to convert to private.

Edd feb 22 2018

Hello ladies...

Can recommend me a gynae in NUH??
Currently in wk 9+. Went for first NUH appt but considering which gynae I should take to convert to private.

Edd feb 22 2018
My gynae Dr Anupriya Agarwal at NUH. 1st visit on 25 July. Friendly and patience Dr. Heard fr my friend her sewing skill r gd. Able to walk well after delivery (march 17).

Edd 06 Feb 2018

Hi all mummies! Is there a whatsapp group I can join?

I'm 9w1d now, edd 28 Feb 2018 lol. Not actually sure if I belong in the Feb 2018 or Mar 2018 group right now. :p

Does anyone feel nausea and will vomit after bath? Now my nausea and vomit got better but I will still vomit once after my bath at night. Anyone able to advise the reason?

Does anyone feel nausea and will vomit after bath? Now my nausea and vomit got better but I will still vomit once after my bath at night. Anyone able to advise the reason?

Me! Almost every night without fail in week11, I'm at week 12 today but still feeling nauseated.. really hope to get better asap..couldn't take dinner too, will definitely vomit all out :(

Me! Almost every night without fail in week11, I'm at week 12 today but still feeling nauseated.. really hope to get better asap..couldn't take dinner too, will definitely vomit all out :(

Yeah really hope to get better soon. Many said nausea is good, this shows baby is growing... Many said u will get better in 2nd Tri... Hope that day comes early... Tomorrow will be week 12 for me. I can eat the whole day (though not as much as before pregnant). During evening when I get hungry I will have to eat asap, if I drag for too long I will feel nausea. The feeling will be there till I go and bathe... n there goes my dinner into the toilet bowl...

Yeah really hope to get better soon. Many said nausea is good, this shows baby is growing... Many said u will get better in 2nd Tri... Hope that day comes early... Tomorrow will be week 12 for me. I can eat the whole day (though not as much as before pregnant). During evening when I get hungry I will have to eat asap, if I drag for too long I will feel nausea. The feeling will be there till I go and bathe... n there goes my dinner into the toilet bowl...

Same here but at least you can still hv ur dinner, I hv to force myself to eat but in the end still vomit out.. but yeah got symptoms means baby is growing which is a good sign.. I'm going for the oscar test tomorrow, hope everything goes well.. our EDD should be 1 day different then :)

Same here but at least you can still hv ur dinner, I hv to force myself to eat but in the end still vomit out.. but yeah got symptoms means baby is growing which is a good sign.. I'm going for the oscar test tomorrow, hope everything goes well.. our EDD should be 1 day different then :)

My Oscar test is next wed. Wish you everything fine.
You can try taking something light and hot like soup noodles. It might helps. You have to try what you can eat to make yourself feel better.

Hi mummies, do all of u still have that metallic taste and been vomitting? I am just kinda worried that this time round of pregnancy, my vomitting is very frequent. I cant drink plain water or eat rice. Every time I smell soap, I will vomit. Anyone of you here encounter the same thing? What did all of you do? I've been drinking too much of sweet drinks and eating sweets as well as ice-cream.

My Oscar test is next wed. Wish you everything fine.
You can try taking something light and hot like soup noodles. It might helps. You have to try what you can eat to make yourself feel better.

For me, my appetite lose the moment I feel like vomitting

Hi mummies, do all of u still have that metallic taste and been vomitting? I am just kinda worried that this time round of pregnancy, my vomitting is very frequent. I cant drink plain water or eat rice. Every time I smell soap, I will vomit. Anyone of you here encounter the same thing? What did all of you do? I've been drinking too much of sweet drinks and eating sweets as well as ice-cream.

I think it's normal.. I lost my appetite over savory foods, cold sweet dessert is my favorite for now which I don't eat much before my pregnancy... don't worry so much.. probably a little pretty girl inside :)

I think it's normal.. I lost my appetite over savory foods, cold sweet dessert is my favorite for now which I don't eat much before my pregnancy... don't worry so much.. probably a little pretty girl inside :)

Wow Nattie! I am really hoping for a girl. I already have 2 boys.... Yah same as me, cold sweet dessert is my favourite especially anything that has got to do with longan and lychee.

Wow Nattie! I am really hoping for a girl. I already have 2 boys.... Yah same as me, cold sweet dessert is my favourite especially anything that has got to do with longan and lychee.

Haha.. we're hoping for a girl too, thy always say if u prefer sweet over savory means a girl? Hahaha let's hope it's accurate..

There were 2 weeks I wasnt able to eat and drink at all, can vomit the whole day. That was at super early stage and I felt so terrible. Tried most ways I can find on google to ease the nausea. Eat banana, soda biscuits, warm water, ginger tea and more. To a certain extend I even took the anti-nausea pill from doc, the med made me so drowsy that I have to zzz more than 12 hrs then able to wake up. After that 2 weeks suddenly it turns better. From vomiting non-stop till now 1-2x a day.

I am sure you will gets better in short time. I guess just go and rest when you feel nausea. Let it out, dont hold the vomit. I tried to hold at the beginning, after that I realise letting it out is such a relieve.

Haha.. we're hoping for a girl too, thy always say if u prefer sweet over savory means a girl? Hahaha let's hope it's accurate..
Hmmm not really... When I was expecting my boys, I prefer sweet savory actually... So I really cant guess much.

There were 2 weeks I wasnt able to eat and drink at all, can vomit the whole day. That was at super early stage and I felt so terrible. Tried most ways I can find on google to ease the nausea. Eat banana, soda biscuits, warm water, ginger tea and more. To a certain extend I even took the anti-nausea pill from doc, the med made me so drowsy that I have to zzz more than 12 hrs then able to wake up. After that 2 weeks suddenly it turns better. From vomiting non-stop till now 1-2x a day.

I am sure you will gets better in short time. I guess just go and rest when you feel nausea. Let it out, dont hold the vomit. I tried to hold at the beginning, after that I realise letting it out is such a relieve.

Actually I beginning to feel frustrated. Everything that first craved then when the food is in front of me, I start to feel like puking. And I get very thirsty actually. I try to swallow plain water but then I start to puke and feels very lethargic.

Actually I beginning to feel frustrated. Everything that first craved then when the food is in front of me, I start to feel like puking. And I get very thirsty actually. I try to swallow plain water but then I start to puke and feels very lethargic.

try seeping small mouth of water to moist ur mouth and lips? or something sweet? honey water? fruit juice? soft drink? I dont drink that much of soft drink actually, just a seep from my hubby's drink. I tried non chill 100 plus also. Though water is still better but you have to try which type of food n drinks your body can accept. During that bad times I cant even finish 1 cup of water in a day. Jiayou! You will pull thru that phase. What week are u at now?

Can try to take carbonated drinks like 100 Plus. Somehow carbonated drinks seem to help me with nausea and gassiness.

Hi! A first time mum here. Edd 25th Feb.. Anyone the same? :)

MS is really horrible. Get nausea even at the thought of food!! Hope it goes away soon. Doc found 2 cysts in my ovary. Says it's pretty common. And gave me hormone pills to help make it smaller and resolve. Anyone facing similar issue?

MS is really horrible. Get nausea even at the thought of food!! Hope it goes away soon. Doc found 2 cysts in my ovary. Says it's pretty common. And gave me hormone pills to help make it smaller and resolve. Anyone facing similar issue?
Doc also sais I have a cyst on my right ovary but he said it is normal and may go away on its own. No medication given for that.

I just had my week 10 scan and it seems that the fetus has grown bigger than what it should be. Gynae said it's fine but I have to watch my sugar/carbo intake. Anyone who has experienced or is experiencing something similar? According to size, fetus is almost 11 weeks...
Hello.. I just had my appt and have the same thing to. Measuring 12w instead of 11w. Doc just commented its a tall baby and didn't seem to think its an issue. What did your doc advise?

Hi everyone - so exciting to join this thread!

I will be a first time mum, EDD is 27 Feb - anyone the same? I'm also new to SG so figuring out the health care system. Have met with Dr Chee at Paragon - she is nice (although expensive) so am thinking of staying with her.

It'd be great to know if anyone has experience with Dr Chee, and costs at Mt Elizabeth Orchard? I think I will need to have a c-section, not sure how long that means I'll have to stay in hospital... But baby in the end = worth it! :)

Helloooooooo! All mummies-to-be!!!
I'm a first timer mummy through IVF.
EDD 23 Feb.
I have been lucky to have just very mild MS so far. So mild until I wonder if I'm pregnant!
Started with twins but one didn't make it.
Hoping the best for the singleton now.
At 10 weeks now.

Hope everyone is coping well with their pregnancy!

Just wondering if anyone feels cold at 8 weeks plus? Recently I have been feeling cold, esp after I had the progesterone jab. That night after the jab, I actually was trembling in my sleep even though I was covered up with comforter. I thought I should be feeling warm to hot....

Me me!!! Like always cold!!!!!
I was so cold and eventually caught the flu.
I had to sleep with long thick pants and long sleeved top and with socks too!!!! No ac, only fan and with Windows opened. It was just ridiculous!
But it gets better at week 10. Just layer up for now. Good luck!

Months before pregnant I went to check, it is clear in there... no cysts... When I went for my 1st check for pregnancy, my doc found a 5cm blood clot on my left ovary. Till now it is still there and probably will have to remove it when i enter 2nd tri.

Hi Spaniel

My gynae say this is a more accurate date. Shall see if it changes again and if he advise anything on my diet...

Is it possible to tell PEM which CL you want to engage? Able to share the name of the first CL you engaged? She is good in taking care baby and cooking? I will buy other company herbal package which is cheaper than PEM herbal package.

Hi, there is an extra fee to pay if you would like to hire a specific CL. I think the first CL my sis-in-law engaged is no longer working, at least with PEM; she is probably rather old now.

Hello.. I just had my appt and have the same thing to. Measuring 12w instead of 11w. Doc just commented its a tall baby and didn't seem to think its an issue. What did your doc advise?
Hi, my gynae just said gestational diabetes can lead to bigger babies; he is not saying that I have GD but said I have to watch my diet. Have to watch sugar intake; apparently sugar is no good for fetus. I don't take a lot of sweet stuff but I do like to eat noodles, so that's prob where my glucose spikes come from.

Anyway, at my week 11 scan, fetus didn't seem to grow much and measured 11W2D. My gynae didn't seem too concerned about it and I forgot to ask him about it after seeing the fetus move and there's a good HB. But I googled and some women said after a growth spurt, the growth might slow down a little...So hopefully, by my next scan, the growth will be back on track.

Anyone encountering brown discharge at 11W plus? I had brown discharge at 8 weeks which went away and now, it's back, although only when I wipe...I just had the progesterone shot on Sat, so I was surprised to encounter brown discharge today...
there's always something to worry about!!

Oh dear. How long did u have to wait each time?
I'm only gonna see him end of Aug.

It depends.

The longest I ever waited was close to two hours coz he got called off for delivery. I assure you that he is a really good doctor.

He did my surgery last year to remove cysts, fibroids and polyps. Wonderful doctor, great skills.

But KKHospital is a govt hospital. For each appointment, scan is one dept then back to clinic to see doctor, the sometimes to the pharmacy. Waiting time be not cool.

In fact, Dr. Khoo is my first choice to deliver my twins. But the comfort and service of private Hospitals is a big lure.

It depends.

The longest I ever waited was close to two hours coz he got called off for delivery. I assure you that he is a really good doctor.

He did my surgery last year to remove cysts, fibroids and polyps. Wonderful doctor, great skills.

But KKHospital is a govt hospital. For each appointment, scan is one dept then back to clinic to see doctor, the sometimes to the pharmacy. Waiting time be not cool.

In fact, Dr. Khoo is my first choice to deliver my twins. But the comfort and service of private Hospitals is a big lure.

Thanks mpig! Great info!
I'm not too concerned about waiting time. Most important is he must be good. There are some private gynae also gotta wait for hours despite having an appt. So I'm kinda prepared for that.
Thank you so much for the info!

Hi all, my nauseas seems to get worse at week 12, actually the worst since the beginning, had been throwing up everything I ate/drank in the past 2 days, hubby has been forcing me to eat bcoz he is worrying baby may not get enough nutrients if I don't eat anything...getting really frustrated now :( what can I do to reduce the nausea feeling? I can't even down Milo and Nestum :(

Anyone has dark stool after taking multivitamin? Doc said is normal. But I m not sure if I should continue taking. May I know what brand of multi vitamin is mommies taking?

M

Anyone has dark stool after taking multivitamin? Doc said is normal. But I m not sure if I should continue taking. May I know what brand of multi vitamin is mommies taking?

M

It's normal due to the iron in the multivitamins. Can cause constipation too so do increase fiber intake. Since we are heading to 2nd trimester, it is time to take multivitamins.
I don't know the brand cos my gynae dispenses them in packets, not in the original bottle.

M
when I take iron supplements my stool turns dark. doc says that's expected because of the iron

Hi all, is a first time mum and currently in my week 11. I only discovered that I'm pregnant when I'm in my week 9. Doctor scan and we saw the baby and the heartbeat. Doctor said all is fine but I'm constantly worried cus I don't have morning sickness. I keep worrying if my baby is fine. Will be doing oscar test in my week 13. Really can't wait to see my baby again

Hello mommies. I am about 12 weeks pregnant, and i have been experiencing excessive production of saliva since 2-3 weeks back which is causing a great deal of discomfort to me, especially at night time when i am lying down in bed. The saliva accumulates at the back of my throat and i have to consciously swallow it every 5 minutes or so, making it difficult to sleep....Anyone else experiencing the same and any advice on how to reduce the discomfort?

Hello mommies. I am about 12 weeks pregnant, and i have been experiencing excessive production of saliva since 2-3 weeks back which is causing a great deal of discomfort to me, especially at night time when i am lying down in bed. The saliva accumulates at the back of my throat and i have to consciously swallow it every 5 minutes or so, making it difficult to sleep....Anyone else experiencing the same and any advice on how to reduce the discomfort?

I have had friends who had the same symptoms..they literally carried mugs to spit out the saliva..but u can always check it out wid ur gynae

I am also having this issue, especially when i feel my MS coming. I have to keep going to the toilet to spit out.

Excessive production of saliva is normal... how about trying to suck on a sweet so that it doesn't feel too disgusting?

Back