Endometrial adhesion-anyone has this condition?

faithe

My road to having a bb is not easy...i got married in 2005 at age 29..ttc for few years but no news, when i decided to seek fertility treatment (so-iui)at kk, suddenly got preggy...thought heaven was kind to me. But only for a moment, i had a m/c in 2009 at 7weeks..after that continue ttc..thinking mayb natural still possible. But...after 3 yrs finally buck up my courage to go for ivf since not young anymore...go bk to kk again, was looking fwd to do the treatment...doc ask mi undergo lotsa tests, blood tests, scan n even salin sono-test.

Ytd...went to see all my test results, got another blow...doc say i had endometrial adhesion at the cavity, mayb due to overscrapping during D&C in 2009, or mayb natural growth..he cant give a definite ans.

Was super upset, cos i am really afraid to go for such thingy...from HSG dye test to D&C and saline-sono test, i am really afraid of these feelings. Telling myself ivf is the last treatment i must try before giving up...but now this condition. Doc Jerry chan at kk say even i dun go foe ivf, i still need to do hysteroscopy to cut the adhesive tissue inside...

Anyone can share with me, is this condition common? How serious is it n why must we need to do? Can we just leave it as it is? I am really feeling very low...my courages to go for ivf was dashed, cos i duno wat is coming again

Also, anyone has go thru Therapeutic Hysteroscopy? How is the post-surgery feeling like? Any risk involved? Should i go for 2nd opinion? In kk, is like they simply ask mi go surgery...

Even the last few times, i had encountered they ask mi do repeated blood test. Only when i qn, then they realised. N ytd the registrar at last visit even ordered pelvic scan for mi. When i go to D&I dept, the gal (not sure she is nurse or doc) then curiously ask, say duno why i alrdy did the saline-sonography why still order pelvic scan for mi. Since saline-sono is definitely more accurate. Then go bk ask the doc again. Then he say no need to do.

Chosen kk due to the cheaper cost, but my few frd who had ivf at kk all say they not very good. But if i change, worry abt the cost...

So sorry for the long posting...really need advice from all of u...really hope someone can share with mi or advise mi...

Beside the adhesion, the doc also say my ovarian reserve very low, although for my age it is expected to b low, but mine is extremely low...like only 1-2 follicle only..so my ivf mayb low chance too....really sad to hear all these fr doc

Oh dear, you must have been through a lot all these years. Plus the current test results and all, it must make you feel very lost? I am not familiar with your situation, but if you were to seek a second opinion, you might want to have a copy of all the tests and reports. Otherwise, you might have to re-do all of them.

Seeking a second opinion might open up new options, or confirm the first diagnosis. Either way, it is usually helpful. All the best.

faithe, hugz...

I have done hysteroscopy with light D&C to remove polyps. I didn't have adhesions but I read that they can prevent implantation so they should be removed. The hysteroscopy was quite fast. They will give you a tablet to open up (like D&C) and you will be asleep during the procedure. They won't be cutting you, they will be going in from 'down there'. After that you'll have some cramps and spotting. Most importantly is: You must find a good and careful doc so that he will not cause any more scarring.

After that I did IVF and succeeded only on the 2nd try, now i am 12 weeks preggy. Have you done HSG? Have you and your DH discussed whether you really want to have a bb very badly and are ready to spend the money? If yes then I would say don't delay anymore, go for the treatments... whatever happens at least you have tried your best.

Back