Dr. SF Loh from TMC

Thanks ! When I was with dr Loh I think each consultation lasted 5 mins! Hahaha like you not sure what to ask.... I am only 6 weeks pregnant so still very undecided on the gynae .
Wish you a smooth delivery!
Hahaha....I'll still ask him qns but just that not really bombard him with tons of qns. But it depends on individuals comfort level with the doctor and that's very important. He always talk to us in a very relax and funny mode so I think that's why we decide to stick with him and of cos he knows my whole situation, imagine if you switch a new gynae at a certain period, you've to repeat all over again and maybe certain test you have to redo it.

Hi, I just delivered my baby boy under Dr loh yesterday. Like you, I was thinking of switching gynae, due to reasons like his busy schedule and long waiting time.. sometimes when I have queries / wanna walk in due to pregnancy complications, i find it hard to get to him unless I'm willing to wait.

Having said that, hubby n i chose not change gynae as we feel very assured with him. I had a couple of pregnancy complications along the way, and he helped to resolve every complication & issue I had with regards to this pregnancy.

Eg: he found out that i may have thalassemia minor (which i did test positive for) just by looking at my blood cells report. Other doctors may have overlooked this & ruled me as low anemic and might prescribe me with medication that i do not need. (Which happened a couple of times b4 i was diagnoised) Knowing i was anxious abt the thalassemia results for both hubby abd myself, he requested for the blood test report and sent us an email close to 10pm the day after the blood test. We felt really grateful for that.

So we stayed on with him. Thanks to him, my baby boy was born healthy & strong yesterday.

Just my thoughts on Dr Loh. :)
I agree, though he's a busy man, when I was still in my 2nd trimester I seems to have spotting everyday and being a first time mum, I just went into a panic mode and I kind of bombard the clinic and emailed Dr Loh. Though he didn't respond immediately but he did manage to see me the very next day, and assure me that everything's fine after the scanning. He's humourous at the correct timing so in a way you wont worry or anything.

I agree, though he's a busy man, when I was still in my 2nd trimester I seems to have spotting everyday and being a first time mum, I just went into a panic mode and I kind of bombard the clinic and emailed Dr Loh. Though he didn't respond immediately but he did manage to see me the very next day, and assure me that everything's fine after the scanning. He's humourous at the correct timing so in a way you wont worry or anything.
Just went for my first scan for dr Loh , is a singleton so guess will stick with him since the chances of complication wld be lower . Wonder if the delivery cost in TMC wld be higher than kkh. So you intend to deliver TMC or mt e novena ?

Just went for my first scan for dr Loh , is a singleton so guess will stick with him since the chances of complication wld be lower . Wonder if the delivery cost in TMC wld be higher than kkh. So you intend to deliver TMC or mt e novena ?
Hmm...I thought he only deliver in TMC so I'm opting TMC single bed...wonder how much will my bill is...hahaha

Haha I saw him at TFC yesterday ... Mine is an ivf case. Have not transferred to o&g yet....
Oh! i see i see, there's a couple who was at o&g doing IUI, so when will you know the result? Whatever it is, it's very important to stay relax and don stress as it's really a roller coaster kind of feeling while waiting for the result, went through before so I know. Jiayou!

Oh! i see i see, there's a couple who was at o&g doing IUI, so when will you know the result? Whatever it is, it's very important to stay relax and don stress as it's really a roller coaster kind of feeling while waiting for the result, went through before so I know. Jiayou!
I am now 7 weeks pregnant ..first scan yesterday and is a singleton ... Will be seeing him again 2 weeks later at TFC. Wonder when I can go O&G coz TFC seems exp!

I am now 7 weeks pregnant ..first scan yesterday and is a singleton ... Will be seeing him again 2 weeks later at TFC. Wonder when I can go O&G coz TFC seems exp!
Congrats! Is strange that they still haven't refer you to O&G cos if not wrong I was told that O&G is more for pregnant ladies while TFC is more on fertility and other issues, maybe you can check with dr loh next time during your appt? or maybe is still early for you to switch to o&g? I went to TFC for blood test (which later told wasn't necessary by the doc) to be sure it's positive, after some drama that day we were told to go o&g instead, since then I've been going there and not TFC.

Hi.. am planning to go for ivf with Dr sf loh .. any one can share their exp ? Read that the charges at o&g is cheaper by Sgd10 .. and consultations are during the afternoon .. while it is morning at tmc.

Hi.. am planning to go for ivf with Dr sf loh .. any one can share their exp ? Read that the charges at o&g is cheaper by Sgd10 .. and consultations are during the afternoon .. while it is morning at tmc.

Yes charges for scan is cheaper at his O&G clinic as compared to TFC. Dr Loh is in Tfc for morning Consultation and afternoon he will go to his own clinic. If being a ivf first timer I would suggest go to Tfc because nurses there are more experience and they have a room to brief you and guide U step by step. At O&G clinic everything is done at the small counter and it can be crowded with many pregnant patients and some crying babies. Wait at O&G is longer too.

@Bunny33..

thanks alot for the information.
i called up the nurse at tfc, she mentioned that the consultation can be at O&G but the ivf will still be at tfc.
most likely will go for tfc if the waiting time is shorter ... thanks :)

Hi sisters, is this thread still active? Anyone doing procedure with Dr Loh? Can share the experience? Thanks in advance :)

He suggested I've when my IUI failed, but I never did cos it's not easy, he'll advise base on how your body react to the injection, you got to inject Everyday before following up.

Following Dr loh since April last yr. So - iui. Although $ steep, but most important is to achieve goal. I would recommend

sorry for late reply, if you do IUI, normally it won't succeed for the first time, my sis in law classmate tried 4 times before it was a success. As for me, I was quite upset and stress out when I was told it wasn't a success, so I actually put on hold intending to give another try last year, but I realize I was pregnant even before I talk to Dr Loh about trying IUI for the second time.

Oh man.. I'm halfway through my first so-iui with dr Loh, and just started my Gonal F today.. And I'm hoping I only need to do it once (the costs aren't cheap and its a pain!) so it's disheartening to hear that people don't normally pregnant on the first try..

Phantom, I have been following the forums for awhile and I think.. Your wife did so-iui with dr Loh too right? Did she succeed on her first try? (Apologies in advance if I remembered the wrong person lol)

Melly. Yes, following Dr loh through delivery too. Believe in yourselves. What I told myself is that money although high, but worthwhile to achieve common goal. Be natural dun stress, Very important. My wife girl de friend just given boy - girl in march. Healthy. Another of friend also start seeing Dr loh. Wish you all the very best to bfp. :)

Hi sisters, is this thread still active? Anyone doing procedure with Dr Loh? Can share the experience? Thanks in advance :)

He is a very good and dedicated Dr who put his patient interest in first place. He don't ask U to go for unnecessary test if its not needed. He has many patients so consult may be fast if U do not have any questions to ask him. When he warm up to U he can be quite chatty and humorous.
Chemistry with dr and patient is important so go for consult n decide from there.

Thanks Phantom! I'm hoping it to be successful of course.. Is your wife expecting one or more babies? and how many follicles did the so-iui give your wife? Dr Loh was telling me and my husband that he had so-iui patients with 6 eggs but ended up with 1 baby, or another with 2 big 2 small eggs but ended up with 4 boys And showed us the pictures as well.

Dr Loh is a nice doctor.. He held my hand to ease my fears before doing surgery on me.. it was that gesture before I fell asleep that I find very comforting. He's not as bad as some make him out to be, unless they dont understand his humor. Lol.

Melly. Think put X 2 at least. This is protocol. In case any did not make it. Dun worry about how many bb for now, yar? Let nature be. We saw photo too. I was in the lab throughout and with my wife moral support. Really heartache seeing u ladies pushing through. It's super tough. So now u should be at 2 week waiting for blood test??

Haha yah, doesn't matter how many, if successful and BFP can already thank heaven thank ground. Lol.. No eh, I'm only on my 2nd day of injections.. After tonight still got 3 more nights of injections then go back and scan egg size.. Yeah, to go through injections and medicines, not easy..

He is a very good and dedicated Dr who put his patient interest in first place. He don't ask U to go for unnecessary test if its not needed. He has many patients so consult may be fast if U do not have any questions to ask him. When he warm up to U he can be quite chatty and humorous.
Chemistry with dr and patient is important so go for consult n decide from there.
Yup, he is really very humorous. I had my first consultation with him already and I told him I had failed 2 ivf with kkh, but he he suggested that I do a so-iui first under him and I wonder if I am taking a step backwards. Anyone doing so-iui after trying ivf?

Phantom... Did Dr Loh give your wife progesterone after the iui? I just went back for a scan on Thursday cd9.. And he said I have 5 eggs 11.5-14.5mm, gave me a menopur shot, ask me to go home Friday jab Gonal f again (whatever is the remaining in the pen) then today night trigger... The trigger shot any side effect on your wife? I scared I will Kenna those side effects like morning sickness sia, don't want my in laws to know...

Melly. Yes, progesterone got.first week, did not grew well. Hence also jab the rest to max. She only feel a bit cramp, from understanding. Took a week off bed rest. My mil stayed over to cook and etc. Only my in law side knows. My side, we didn't mentioned.. least worried etc this kinda thing. U dun worry effect all these. Be natural. Wish u all da very best. Sticky

Thanks Phantom! The iui was pretty fast!! Just 2min only. Then let me lie there for 5mins then can go already.. Just having back pain and light cramps after it.. Dr Loh still joke that our chances are higher than toto. Toto 1 out of 13million chance, you got 13million chance but just need 1. He referring to the sperm count hahaha. That's why I like this doctor

Melly. Hoseh. He told me my is army troop solider. Chiong ah. Just need x 1 . She has the same signs too. For now, keep yourself warm, wear socks eg. Long pants etc. Dun worry anything else. Be natural. Same goes to husband. Pray for you!!!!

Lol!! Army troop! Really leh. Yours commando leh. since 1st time iui already BFP. Thank u! I no long pants but I wearing socks every night! Drink instant red date longan tea every day from now also.. What else must do? :):p

Those of u who did iui with dr loh. Roughly how much did it cost in total?

I went to kkh today for initial consultation as I'm wondering if I'll need ivf eventually. However, the experience at kkh even as a private patient is nothing like going to TFC.

I'm wondering if I should return to dr loh n see what he suggests next since the last 3 rounds of clomid didn't help and if iui is on the cards, i would rather do it at TFC than at kkh. Only if ivf is required than to return to kkh due to cofunding by govt.

Cotton. We did at tfc. Cost about 4k+-. Did not really count exact, though with all receipts attached. All depends on individual too. If kkh considered private, then why not try tfc? Private iui / ivf may subsidised as well

Thanks for your reply, I think I will make an appt and return to Dr Loh. Don't feel so comfortable at KKH especially since my attending doctor does not have good reviews online. And I do not know which dr to request for there.

Hi, I wonder does anyone knows the package price for fertility screening for couple at Thomson Fertility Centre? Saw online there r 2 different prices: S$450 and S$498. Both include GST. Also, after getting pregnant, does Dr Loh also deliver ur bb?

Phantom, it worked!!! My 1st so-iui worked! Although 11dpiui only..but already confirm It worked!! my husband is so happy. Haha. We will want Dr Loh as our gynae still

Hi, I wonder does anyone knows the package price for fertility screening for couple at Thomson Fertility Centre? Saw online there r 2 different prices: S$450 and S$498. Both include GST. Also, after getting pregnant, does Dr Loh also deliver ur bb?
Yes he does. :)

Phantom, it worked!!! My 1st so-iui worked! Although 11dpiui only..but already confirm It worked!! my husband is so happy. Haha. We will want Dr Loh as our gynae still
Steady!!! Swee swee. Relax and pin Chang xin. :) tomorrow we going for glucose test. Worried. Next scan, very soon u will be at o&g Thomson medical centre (tmc) le, graduate liao. Let's all jiayew

Congrats! May I know how much did TFC charge for your SO-IUI?
Cottonbunbun, i think it cost us $1200/1300? I had 5 tablets of letrozole, 300iu of Gonal-f injection, 5000iu of menopur injections and 5000iu pregnyl trigger jab, one scan to see number of eggs, the iui procedure and the sperm wash procedure... But also see how well your body will respond to the medicine.. Some people need more medicine to stimulate more eggs.. So the cost will be more.. :p

Steady!!! Swee swee. Relax and pin Chang xin. :) tomorrow we going for glucose test. Worried. Next scan, very soon u will be at o&g Thomson medical centre (tmc) le, graduate liao. Let's all jiayew
Yeah phantom..thanks!!! Trying to ping Chang Xin leh. But straight after I test myself BFP, I got holiday so cannot go back for blood test until 1 week later..next Saturday.. is there very bad bloating after your wife got her BFP? I suddenly afraid I'll get 5 babies since I got 5 eggs sia. I really suddenly very bloated!!! o_O Your wife glucose test will turn out fine one! Don't worry!:)

yup bloat abit, is normal as checked. slight high on glucose. dr say no need do anything. have to cut down on cabor and drink lots water

Yeah phantom..thanks!!! Trying to ping Chang Xin leh. But straight after I test myself BFP, I got holiday so cannot go back for blood test until 1 week later..next Saturday.. is there very bad bloating after your wife got her BFP? I suddenly afraid I'll get 5 babies since I got 5 eggs sia. I really suddenly very bloated!!! o_O Your wife glucose test will turn out fine one! Don't worry!:)

melly.moving forward, you would like to sign up membership at 60$, vaild for 2yrs. details/discounts stated on tmc web.:)

Cottonbunbun, i think it cost us $1200/1300? I had 5 tablets of letrozole, 300iu of Gonal-f injection, 5000iu of menopur injections and 5000iu pregnyl trigger jab, one scan to see number of eggs, the iui procedure and the sperm wash procedure... But also see how well your body will respond to the medicine.. Some people need more medicine to stimulate more eggs.. So the cost will be more.. :p

Thanks for your reply, the charges seem reasonable. All the best for your pregnancy journey :)

Back