Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

hello gal... This is my 2nd pregnancy. The first one ended in a mc at week 7/8. Not sure why my womb is so weak also, could be because that time m/c I never do a proper mini confinement... Dr Cheng scan my womb and there were still a few blood clots inside but baby is growing strong and healthy. Most impt, I dun walk too long or carry heavy things and leave everything to God will be fine liao.
happy.gif
I'm seeing Dr Cheng in 2 weeks time after I do the oscar test to discuss results. Praying everything will be fine.

worried, that time I strike, my temp also super low. dpo7 think only 35+ deg which is pretty low, even after test positive, temp also only measure 36.6/7 only. Dr Cheng did say before not to worry so much abt bbt. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

Roxy,

Take care, btw ur job how? So u quit or they let u take unpaid leave?

Worried,

That time b4 my m/c, at 5th week my hcg level was very low, Dr Cheng gave me Duphaston and another med (which i cant remember the name). However, I still ended up with m/c, Dr cheng said the fertilised egg was weak so cannot survive, but the medicine did help me to maintain the pregnancy (prevent me from bleeding, from my 5th week to 6th week I kept having spotting).

Hi Roxy,

oic...tot it's ur 1st pregrancy wif Dr Cheng. Btw, is ur 1st pregrancy wif him aso? So now, u r under IUI or what type of test nw?

The day b4, i aso got a test positive & temp measured at 36.3 but tis 2 days, my temp has been increasing liao...hehe..hopefully i can hv gd news too.

gal - congrats! did you do iui or soiui with dr cheng? is this your first attempt?

baby mouse, your CD21 is how many days after your iui? did you go on clomid and iui or clomid and natural?

Hi thistle,

Presently didnt go thru any iui or soiui wif Dr Cheng now. He just said that he wanna to go thru all the tests 1st b4 taking on any decision lor.

How abt u?

gal
wat do u mean u can get pregnant next month? TOt u posted that u already tested positive leh ??

clomid & natural means by taking 5 days of clomid and then test whether got OPK (+)ve without any interception of IUI. Just wait for the clomid to take effect naturally...
happy.gif

roxyz

thanks for yr assurance. been taking my bbt for the past few months, and during the ist week of my 2ww. temp usually around 36.5-36.7 one. only during the 2nd week, before af supposed to report, then the temp start dropping. tats why i quite worried...kiasu lah.

All,
thanx for your replies and concern. i purposely went to see dr cheng yesterday for consultation. i discuss wif my DH liao. touchwood, if this cycle fails again, we will go for either IUI or SO-IUI. tats why went to see dr cheng yesterday to discuss abt this. he say he would encourage 6 cycles of clomid, but if we really want to go straight to IUI or SO-IUI, he will not object. he is really a nice person. he will earn alot by asking us to do IVF or any other thing, but he did not. he still explain to us that its really not worth the money and the time to go for all these procedures if we r not having any serious problems. yesterday, waited very very long for my turn to see him. a couple was inside wif him for around 45minutes! then when i was inside, i think i took around 30 minutes too..alot of questions to ask lor....then rebecca came in and told dr cheng : FULL HOUSE. haha. only then my DH and me realized that maybe we r really delaying his time. so we quickly go off liao....
we r just hoping for the best. so we no need to go for IUI or SO-IUI. i think most likely, we will go for SO-IUI.

All,

one more thing to add. i also asked him abt Duphaston. coz only these mth i took Duphaston, and temp is so low, making me wonder if Duphaston is causing all these. then he told me not to worry too much and not too bother too much abt bbt. so Duphaston is used to make my womb stronger?

gal
oh u mean your tested positive is on OPK ah? I tot it's HPK leh... hee

worried
duphaston helps to make your womb lining according on the needs of whether to induce mense to come or to strengthen your womb.

So you have decided to go straight to SO-IUI ? How come dont wan to take clomid?

babymouse

although this is only my 3rd cycle, i dun pin too much hopes. thot die die must have baby this year leh. so, i think SO-IUI is a good option lor. but dr cheng did remind us that doing IUI and SO-IUI, they will need to wash the sperms, and whats left behind will be very little. but if we were to go by clomid, the sperms that go into our body will be alot more, which makes e chance of getting preggy easier too. the waiting during the 2ww every mth is really killing me. i really hope can get preggy fast, then at least a load off my mind. but to do SO-IUI, putting the sperm in is one thing,whether the egg and sperm will meet is another lor....just have to pray for the best. haha, but if this cycle heng heng strike, then dun need to waste the few thousand dollars

how abt u? now in 2ww too?

worried
Oh ic... yah.. by doing IUI or SO-IUI, they will need to wash the sperms and left little behind. But the sperms need a step lessor to travel upwards. And the counts depend alot on how the sperms able to survive through the freezing and unfreezing temperature.

Maybe u should relax yourself loh.... I realise that some of the things are hard to plan and predict one .... whereas some if plan, will turn out to be what you wanted. Hence, for myself i have learnt that ttc-ing shouldnt be stressful one... So that everything will be smooth sailing. I also did wanted to get preggy fast by this year too... But this is my 4th cycle on clomid already and not striking yet loh and it's already november liao.... Better for us to have a positive thinking towards the continuing of ttc journey.

Me? Not in 2ww yet. Still waiting for O. Today is CD17, waiting for the clomid to take effect. Hope to O this cycle.

Anyway, dont tink too much... and I will hope that you will strike without havingto going throught the IUI and even SO-IUI. Having to have injection everyday somemore.....
Hope u *heng heng* strike...
happy.gif

babymouse

thanx. hope for the best now
dr cheng recommend preseed to me too, but i did not buy it as yet. i think it helps if your below is dry...and it wont kill the sperms. so i guess its useful for ppl who r ttcing

worried
dont worry so much.... just hope for the best....

For me, i will try to use it and see how... Cos read from somewhere that through taking clomid will cause the CM to be dry and hostile for sperms too ..As i realise from the time i started on clomid, the CM become lessor and not as wet liao ....

babymouse

me too. after taking clomid, i m quite dry below. tats why dr cheng recommends presed, but i not yet try. and i realized, after taking clomid, my AF cycle is very short. by third day usually not much liao. last time my AF lasts for around 5 days one. but dr cheng say its good, tat means i ovulate well and menses ends well.

worried
Oh izzit? Mine also like tat.... I used to have around 5 days too..... But after taking clomid, by the 3rd day seems subside liao.....

So dr cheng says it's a good thing afterall?? So when do you intend to try the preseed?

Clomid will somehow regulate the mense in a way too.... So tat explains why the AF cycle shorten.

babymouse/liz

tatas why dr cheng says lor. when i told him my menses only lasts for 3 days now, and i told him i was quite worried. but immediately he says its a good sign. hope so lor...these few cycles, by end of third day, i dun see any red liao

worried
yah rite... I have got only light flow on day 1, heavy flow on day 2 and only left spotting for day 3 onwards.

babymouse

its quite scary leh. coz all the while i have having at least 5 days, now suddenly stop at day 3. then there after, down there very dry. saw in 2ww threat tat u get a smiley face today. good luck!!

worried
um... if dr cheng can assure us... then wouldnt be that scary liao loh.... rite??? Must have confidence in him... hee...

Yah... agree... after that, super dry one .....

Oooo yah.. just got a smiley face today.... like toto strike like tat ... haha....

worried
for me day 3 will be quite light then day 4 onwards will have spotting till day 8,9. erm.. i didn't ask Dr Cheng before leh.

liz

i asked him coz i was there to ask him abt IUI and SO-IUI. since there, might as well make full use of the trip lor.

worried.. short AF cycle should be ok de.. my cycle all my life is only about 3 days also... and it is so light till first day use 1 pad can liao...

Hi ladies out there...wish you all LOTS OF LUCK in your attempt. I have been seeing Dr Cheng for treatment too ended up - succeeded with IVF on 1st try. My bb is now 11 wks old. DUN GIVE UP !! Dr Cheng is really nice & patient..he will give you all the good advices. WE are in good hands !

worried... not much symptoms... just a lot of white creamy discharge before AF due, more than normal. And feel very tired always and eat alot but always hungry. Other than that nothing much. And 1 day before AF due I had abit of brown discharge which initially I thot was AF reporting.

roxyz

oh..ok. thanks! just wanna know more. so the brown spotting should be the implantation bleeding?
anyway, how was your checkup today? how many weeks liao?

roxyz,

did u go for checkup yday? yday i was there very early morning but luckily, there wasn't much ppls. hahaha....at least, i dun ned to wait till so long.
happy.gif

Hi Gal..sorry..been bz with bb and not logged on. I actually have endometrosis and had an 8cm ovarian cyst removed few yrs ago!

Since then I've tried Clomid for 6 cycles to no avail..sob sob ** Then wanted to do SO-IUI, was told need to do either X-ray or endoscopy (?) to check the tubes to see if blocked. I chose to do scope so that can get more details ; however during the scope, Dr Cheng said even if I conceive I hv high risk of etopic pregnancy and recommend IVF, so after long long consideration, I took up the 'challenge' as I am very afraid of injections! In fact, needed my hb support to jab me daily as well as the intensive check/review at the TFC.

Very impt for us to remain very positive and we finally got our fruit of labor after all these pain.

Hi P Leong,

Finally got ur reply.

ic...me aso the same problem as urs last time...endometrosis. Just not long ago, Dr Cheng scanned me & said that i still got a small endometrosis but no ned to operate. No wonder i still got menses cramp when i was having my menses. How abt u? Do u hv the same problem like me last time?

i can see that alot of ppls tried Clomid. i was feeling curious that day. So, i've asked Dr Cheng what is Clomid. He mentioned that usually, he will advise ppls to go for 3 mths of Clomid 1st. While reading ur msg, Dr Cheng was saying the same thing like u...was tot that need to do either X-ray or operate to see if the tubes r blocked. Luckily for my case, everything was fine.
happy.gif

Btw, care to tell me more abt IVF proccess? How long is the whole proccess including to take injection everyday & etc. Thks...

Hi Gal...for me when menses usually no cramps. When I first went for SGH to check few yrs ago that started with discomfort, they couldn't even tell me what's wrong with me EXCEPT to say that the lump is not cancer growth, 1 mth , 2 mth check still cannot tell. Until 3rd mth when I was in extreme pain it already grew from 1 cm - 3 cm then 8 cm the 3rd mth..SIGH - so disappointed with SGH.

My friend recommend me to Dr Cheng since then I do Qrtly scan since the growth was agressive due to prv case.

On IVF, the costs..u can claim medisave 6K for 1st attempt, 5K for 2nd attempt and 4K for 3rd attempt. Overall, my ttl treatment costs apprx $13K depends again on the medication (i.e. jabs) can be lower or higher.

Hv to start with taking Marvelon (like PILL)to time your next menses the following mth so that he can scan and take blood test.

At the next cycle of menses D1, visit Dr and check again, I started my 1st jab I think 2 days later, the jabing went on for apprx 8 days (depending on individual response) may jab more days if needed to simulate the eggs. In betw these 8 days, went for several scan. E.g started jab 22/11, 27/11 scan - > change to 2 jabs daily, see Dr on 30/11 - > once eggs grow to a certain size, we need to give a FINAL JAB to ripen the egg i.e ovulation to occur.

36 hrs after the FINAL jab, on 2nd Dec I went back for Egg collection (short procedure under deep sedation - rest there and go home after couple of hrs)

1 day later, clinic will call u to tell u how many gd eggs and their growth to prepare for eggs transfer. For me I got 13 eggs collected, 12 was good.

2 - 3 days (5 Dec) after egg collections, they need to do embryo transfer (ET). Was told this time, 10 good cos the other 2 eggs didn't 'grow'

Following that, a procedure like PAP smear was done to place the eggs back. (for me I feel like it's even more uncomfortable cos during the procedure, he said uterus was also tilted that's why) again, rest in bed there and allow to go home. Again jab twice on same day. Place 3 eggs and remaining 7 freeze for future use.

After the ET, I was given 2 weeks MC and a list of NOT TO DOs when at home.

8 Dec / 12 Dec - went back to jab again.

Do pregn test on 22 Dec (17 days from Eggs transf) but I was very excited I did mine test 15 days and got POSITIVE. So when I went back on 22 Dec, I opt for blood test to be more certain.

Following the confirmation, I still need to go back to the clinic to jab regularly supposed to be 'Ang-ta' kind of jabs to stabilze the growth cos still very vulnerable period. Even upon testing positive, nurse say must hear bb heartbeat at next visit otherwise, it means miscarrage, so the 2 weeks wait was so tense for me. Not to say all the other multiple tests that you got to do subsequently.

Hope this helps. I must say, with IVF, also got risks i.e. multiple birth. Clinic will make u watch a video as well as conselling b4 u embark on the program so that you can be mentally prepared. It took me and hubby 1 yr to decide this path and we've been BLESSED !

I WISH ALL LADIES in this thread ALL THE BEST, Jia You !! I know it can be emotionally stressful to try and conceive since I've been thru this myself not to mention the amt of time and $$ spent ! But the ultimate result is well WORTH IT !

Gal..sorry for long message, tried to be as precise so that u can hv better understanding ! Hope u bring GOOD NEWS SOON !

Hi P Leong,
I would like to find out more so that I can do my sums. not going for IVF yet but who knows i might have to entertain that possibility.

so your total treatment for IVF is $13k for 1 cycle? Include claim from medisave?

So does that mean that if first attempt fail, the second attempt will only include costs for the ET?

Btw, did you work while you were on IVF?
Thanks!

Hi P Leong,

Thks so much for telling me so many things abt IVF. At least now, i can understand more on IVF process. Btw, how long hv u tried to hv baby b4 u tried to go for IVF? Did u work when u r doing IVF process like liz mentioned? I'm aso curious on ur age as well cos u r doing this IVF. Heehee...
happy.gif

Since u said that the doc in SGH cannot cfm whether u got endometrosis? What made them cfm after that? For me, i went to KKH for scanning after cfm that it was endometrosis. Until now, i still got a small endometrosis in my stomach but Dr Cheng asked me not to worry as it was too small for operate.

I've tot that this mth, i can bring good news for my hubby & myself but sad to say that my menses came again. Haizz...i will ned to hv another appt wif Dr Cheng again & at the same time, he will ned to see me how my blood test result for last week when i've visited him. At the same time, my hubby aso ned to re-test his sperms test again too.

Hi Liz, my ttl treatment apprx 13K, 6K can claim from medisave, so cash portion is 7K for 1 cycle.

I know of a friend 1st cycle fail, but her eggs retrieved wasn't good, so her 2nd cycle, she have to repeat the whole process i.e the full cycle treatment costs after 3 mths break.

I am not sure abt my own 2nd attempt since I hv stored some gd eggs for next use (storage fees approx $700+ for 1 yr) I would imagine, only need to perhaps 'tune' the body to time the completion of menses before it can be transferred plus all those misc jabs thereafter.

During IVF, those jabs, I did go to work as usual, my hb jab me in the morning b4 work. Only after the ET, I rested at home for 2 weeks as Dr Cheng said, I shld imagine I am already PREGNANT..gd to rest more.

Hi Gal, I tried for approx 1 yr naturally after ops in '03 (no luck) - > went on clomid for another 6mths [Yr 05] (again fail) - > break 6 mths decided not to think abt it as SO-IUI also involves jabs which is my fear factor - > overcame that feeling [Yr 06] went for scope as mention early. End '06 decided for IVF , succeeded Dec, bb born end Aug !! Mummy at age of 31 : )!! Endo is a sub fertility problem I was told, so I dun want to wait too long my hubby 5 yrs older than me leh, also IVF success rate not high, I think on the 'down-side' if 3 tries fail, me will be 33, hb 38 liao, then we hv to adopt which will take another 1-2 yrs to complete the documentations...

on SGH, it was after the ops then they advise me sigh..the Dr even suggested then for me to take some kind of hormone jabs to stop menses since my growth is agressive. My family advised against as I was only 26 then, why upset my own system...to stop the endo, the solution is to get pregnant !!

ALL - very impt DO NOT STRESS yourselves during any treatment. Also hb support impt since starting a family is not your own business alone. This journey is for both of you.

The friend I mention above also see Dr Cheng, failed 2 x IUI, succeed only 2nd attempt IVF, 2 yrs later, she conceive naturally. Miracle isn't it !!

P Leong
Thank you so much for sharing all this. So when you rested at home, Dr Cheng gave you MC? Btw, are you trying for no 2 now? So going for ET soon?

Erm... Dr Cheng only recommended HSG for me leh. he never say do scope. Btw, did you have side effects from the jabs? I am very afriad of the side effects leh. Although not going for IVF but am concern if the SO-IUI jabs will have side effects.

Hi Liz, np more than happy to share. Was given MC for 2 weeks...#2 not so fast lah, my hb faint..my bb now only 11 wks, so we plan next Nov try again like what we did cos Dec is usually less bz = less stressful.

Side effects, fortunately no, but I felt bloated and also feeling so tired and sleepy that 2 wks, just eat, read and nap all day..ha ha...

Personally, the risks for IVF was more scary than side effects (e.g premature bb, underdeveloped, health issues etc etc.) but we decide to take the chance, cos if we dun try and just go for adoption, it just doesn't seems right for us.

Wish you luck tooo for your IUI (cos I dun think u get MC), suggest u take leave if you can.

P Leong
ohhh... i didn't realise your baby still so small. So enjoying your maternity leave now?
I'm so glad that things work out so well for you.

ha ha.. I am actually thinking of quitting. Right now, I am obessed with ttc. Although my job is super slack and probably will be able to get by with doing nothing. It just doesn't feel right to me. Not helping myself much in terms of career either. Not motivated to learn more or do more. Boss sucks as well. jia lat!

Thanks! I'm not too sure when I can start the IUI also as I have not done the tests yet.

Hi P Leong,

It's so nice to read ur msg.

Seems like u & my hubby's age are the same here. My hubby is aso 5yrs older den me too.

Btw, does ur hubby got sperms count low problem? My hubby got this problem ever since he had tested for a few times b4. Dr Cheng aso asked him to re-take again tis week to see if his sperms count still remain the same or getting much better nowadays. Dr Cheng said that if his sperms count still remain the same, he got to refer him to see a male fertily to see what they can do for him.

During last Nov 06, we've been trying to hv a bb since now & we've been seeing a chinese physician at Hougang area since June 06 till now. This chinese physician is quite famous in treating fertily problem. Alot of ppls see him during weekends. This doc was recommended by my hubby's colleagues. This was whereby i came to knw Dr Cheng here as my chinese physician asked me to go take blood test after a few mths of chinese medicine.

My hubby was aso thking of gtg to try IVF since if we really cannot conveive as our age is growing older & older. Dr Cheng was telling us that we got to go through steps by steps 1st. Now, im still at the 1st stage of planning my pregrancy. The 2nd stage will be the clomid liao. i feel strange that this mth, i got ovluation but what Dr Cheng advise us, we do everything aso but still not able to convieve.
sad.gif
My hubby was quite upset too but he said that we shall try again lor. What to do?

Back