Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

Hi ettusais, thanks for your concern. So many things seemed to have happened over just one week...

My doubts have not really been cleared, though I got to see Dr cheng over the week, because we were discussng about the results of my hcg blood tests.. he's not too optimistic and thinks i'm having a early m/c.. so anyway next thursday when i see him to do one final hcg test, i'll get to ask him more questions..

are you a patient of dr cheng's too?

I'm going through SO-IUI with Dr Cheng now. I have 2 follicles growing. I wonder what's the success rate with 2 follicles. Any advice on what I should take note of, what to do and not to do, to eat or not to eat during this treatment?

Hi rosegal, sorry to hear this.......How come he prescribed you those medicines?? Can I ask if you experienced any symptoms prior to this suspected early m/c?

yes I am a patient of him, Just being to see him beginning of Nov at TFC. Being married for 5 years still no bb.....He asked my hubby and me to try to DIY artificial insemination method ourselves .... See how it goes.....

Hi ettusais, I'm not sure why he prescribed me those medicines as well!! I really had no chance to ask him because when i first had my BFP, i was only given a first appt to see him at 7 wks ++, and told to collect the medication from sister teo (nurse there) first. I did get to speak to him finally over the phone that day, and he said he prescribed me the aspirin to reduce chance of blood clotting, so embryo can receive nutrients, but i read on the net that this is only for patients with high blood pressure/ hypertension/ increased chance for blood clots etc, scenarios which I never heard him tell me I have... but it was on the phone and i was on the mrt, at night, so I just rested on the fact that he said it was prescribed to me based on the case of my first m/c. I did not question progynova then because I didn't suspect anything and the nurse told me it's for the hormones. So I thought it's a normal (antai) medicine till i went online again on sat night and got a scare when i saw that it causes m/c and not recommended for preggies!!

Haiz. So I'll see him tmw again and ask him more questions. I hope I'm not scaring you ya? I've read from so many other posts of women who've had success with dr cheng, and I do know him to be kind and patient.

As for my symptoms, it was just spotting, no pain, no cramps.

May i ask, for diy artificial insemination, what's that? is it something like iui?? how do you do artificial insemination yourselves??

rosegal,
I am also with Dr Cheng. Just conceived via IVF and am given baby aspirin, duphaston & progynova too. Apart from what you had mentioned on Baby aspirin, it also helps "warm the womb"while Progynova is an estrogen hormone therapy and I took it during prior my transfer and will still consume progynova throughout my first trimester.

Talk to Dr Cheng on your concerns on these medication when you see him tomorrow.

So far hows your betahcg ?

Thanks day! I don't feel good at all about my current status. In fact, I have a strong sense that the embryo's already left a few days back. My hcg was 404 last thurs, while 3 days before that, it was 360. That's why dr cheng said it was not optimistic. As for now, I don't even feel much symptoms at all, apart from tender breasts which i suspect are coming from the duphaston and progynova i'm still taking. i don't feel hungry like i used to, not having any more gas/ bowel issues, not having fatigue probs any more.. I just hope to look forward to my next pregnancy really, and to look at any areas of concern from this experience so as to learn from them..

I will ask him about the meds tmw.. cos I did read that progynova is given for those who conceived under ivf. but the prob is i didn't conceive under any procedure that time.. it was just 'natural'...

anyway, congratulations to you! may i ask about your ivf experience? How was it like?

Hi day, just got back from Dr cheng's clinic.. after one week, from 404, it's now 597. Doc says it's not good, neither dead nor alive.. i'm going to pull out from the duphaston n progynova that i've been taking, then let nature take its course. hopefully everything will be smooth...

Hi rosagal, hope everything will be fine for you..........the DIY is actually using plastic syringes w/o needles to inject my hubby's semen inside me... becos we have some problems having S** naturally.........Too stressful........

But i think my menses going to come soon. Sian........

Yes agree dr cheng is very nice and patient. Likes him alot.....n very gentle too........

Hi babybun, How much is SO-IUI at TFC?

Rosegal,
HUGS!!..Yes now let nature takes its course and try naturally again. Did he explained to you on the drugs prescribed ?

Oh, I did my 1st IVF with Dr Cheng in Aug and had many follicles so was asked to rest and returned for my frozen embryo transfer in Nov and am glad that things worked out well on my first attempt.

Hi Ettusais, I have not completed the full cycle, so duno how much I will spend. I think the cost will depend on how much medication u need. I think on average should be about 2k.

Hi babybun, thanks for reply!
How you feeling now? which stage are you at now?
Are you aware that this can be claimed through medisave?

Ettusais, I'm still on injectables and monitoring my follicle growth. Going back for scan tmr. Expecting to do IUI on Saturday or Monday. Do not feel much side effects from the jabs. I think coz my dosage is pretty low. We wana keep the medisave for ivf, just in case SO-IUI doesn't work. Just hope that we do not have to go to that stage.

Hi babybun best of luck n try to relax. Take more nutritious food for this period... Let me know ur experience once u done the IUI... Take good care...

ettusai, tfc will not be able to accept new cases but for existing patients, its still business as usual. Yes Dr Cheng has been v.assuring and his team at tfc are just great.

Ettusais: thanks for your reply! I see.. hope everything works well for you ya! I know how it feels like during the 2 ww... jia you!

Day: thanks
happy.gif
Just that i'm not getting younger, almost 33, so will hope to conceive again asap.. doc doesn't really recommend iui for me cos i think he thinks conception isn't the prob.. but he says he can do the injections to make my eggs come out earlier next time cos i tend to ovulate late.
as for the medicines, yes, he did sort of explain, it's sort of to take precautions against some of the conditions that some women with recurrent m/c have..
it's just that we've been trying for so long... it's sort of a pity to me dr cheng doesn't seem to think iui or ivf might really help us at this point...

Rosegal,
Have u seen dr cheng prior your pregnancy ? I was with him for pre-pregnancy consultation since last year and after trying trying for 3months using his methods, things still doest quite work out and I was diagnosed with a block tube and we decided to embark ivf without going through lap surgery. Think as long as u can fall pregnant naturally dr cheng would not encourage any ART procedures. Don't be discouraged and heed his advices and you should be preggy again soon .... Good luck ya
happy.gif

Thanks Day! Yes, I was with him since beginning of the year actually. Went on two cycles of clomid i think (ie. about 6 months..) After that I was a bit discouraged cos nothing much seemed to have happened and he sort of just asked me to continue trying.. didn't want me to progress to other ART yet.. Think he didn't really find very much cause for concern in my body for conception..

So i sort of stopped seeing him at around August. Till in Nov, the conception was natural..

So you are seeing him at TFC? It seems from these posts that the nurses at tfc are nicer than those on the first floor! (which is where i go, hahah).. have you been to the first floor clinic?

rosegal,
I started seeing Dr Cheng at WCCA too and was transferred to tfc in May when we have decided to embarked ivf.There are 2 nurses at tfc and pretty much they know each of their patients fairly well.ART especially ivf is an intrusive procedure and one must be mentally prepared when we start ivf and he may find that you should be able to conceive naturally without needing to go through ART.

Meanwhile try naturally and if you feel that you want more help, talk to dr again on other possible options for you. He is definitely open to discussions.

Thanks rosegal. A bit disappointed when I see menses coming today. My mood was really spoiled since this morning.. Need to call clinic to see Dr Cheng next week. Really envy those who preggie successfully...

Ettusais - understand. but at least we're doing all that we can to work towards the situation we want
happy.gif

I'm seeing Dr Cheung next week too
happy.gif

Hi Ettusais, how was your appt with Dr Cheng?

I did my IUI last Saturday, currently in my 2ww now. I have 3 eggs but hubby only has 0.3mil normal motile sperm, so im not putting much hope in this cycle.

Hi Babybun, try to be positive ya! Even if it is 0.3mil normal sperm, one can still fertilize the egg.........

I went to see him last Sat, actually felt like shit when my menses here last Friday.
Then after seeing him on Sat, I felt so much better. He didn't really said much and just asked me to choose whether I want to try for 3mths or 6mths. I said 3mths as I feel 6mths is too long.
Then he asked me to try natural or using my AI kit during my ovulating period.
As usual he very encouraging and said hope to hear my good news soon. If I can't detect my ovulating day, he said I can come back to clinic and he will scan for me. He also prescibed me folic acid thats all..........

The problem is that he's already taking those. Is there any other way he can improve the quality and quantity of his swimmers?

Thanks for the info girls. We'll see how our SO-IUI turns out 1st. Officially into my 2nd week of 2ww.... Nervous nervous

For hubbies with problems, I recommend this tcm doc that my hb went to. He is really good n my hb sperm count n everything improved.
Now I'm blessed with a 2 mth old baby after going thru so-iui with dr Cheng n all the tcm treatments.

Name of tcm doc: Dr Tan Kian Seng
Address: clementi ave 2

Hi xin2, can I check how long ur hubby see Dr Tan before u conceive? We just started seeing him after our failed SO-IUI.

Hi there,

would like to check - will Dr Cheng disapprove travelling in 2nd trimester? I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications. But when I check with Catherine, she says Dr Cheng do not encourage travelling at all as noone knows what will happens when I am overseas.

I am very sad but I am not sure if this is really what Dr Cheng's advice to all his patients. So hope someone can advise.

Back