DO you believe in praying to have children?

agar123

Does anyone of you here believe in praying to have children?

My friend who has a child recently said she read an article about 送子观音, that people go temple and pray to goddess to have a child.

She doesn't have any religion. So last two years she and her hubby has been trying to concieve for a long time and never pregnant. So she started reading bible and look for fertility prayer on the internet but she didn't work out, so a few months later, her grandma asked her to go pai tai shui and she said she make a wish to have a child this year(2010). and she casually went guan yin temple in bugis to pray and casually make a wish to have a child. And only doing that, she was told by her aunt that praying for fertility is not good as "What is Given can Be Taken Away." She stopped praying for a child even if it's casually. But she got pregnant at the end of september 2010 after she stopped praying.

Does she has any sins?

Hi Nickhun, it depends on the individual's belief. However to conceive depends on a lot of factors, physical, emotional, etc. of the couple. Some people believe in the 'higher' power, however, I don't think it exclusive. So, taking things as it comes, or doesn't come, is more important. Also, there are now more options available than before and medical advancements and also the option to adopt...

Yea. It depends really on individual. But i do believe in it because its god sent.
happy.gif

Er.... Since its given by GOD! Y taken away??!! Hm... To me its seems doesnt really make sense. U oledi say its GOD! He is to help ma, makes ppl happy living, y wanted to take away?

For me I will not take the risk and pray for children , I will believe and accept my fate . If I'm fated to be childless there must be a reason why . And I won't want to do anything to change it. . Because there's a few people around me they prayed for son and Kid , their kid left them after a few years later. And heard from my grandma that kids that is prayed from god is hard to look after .
No offence , just a personal opinion .

Hi,wat experiences n why they say "wat is given can be taken away"? is there any real life or basis to support this? is it said in any religion or priest or monk? pls enlighten us

i believe we should just allow nature to take its course and not try to force our bodies to do what it may not be able to cope with.

What's meant to happen will happen. What's not meant to be won't happen. The answer doesn't always have to be "yes", and there are things to be learnt from sad things that happen too, ie treasure every moment that you have with people around you, learn to appreciate smaller things in life, drawing the family together to face the hard times together etc.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh line is not accurately interpreted. That was found in Job. God didn't say that line.

God is not like that. God gives out of His love and abundance.

There's this good book by Jackie Mize, Supernatural Childbirth, that is very good.

Nelle,

Do you mind sharing how reading the books helped you? I read The Secret too. I had been ttc for 4 yrs to no valid. Thanks!

The Secret is by Rhonda Byrne.

I am quite keen in the Nerida Walker one. Did you manage to conceive after reading the books?

I do believe in that. My sister prayed a lot to have a baby. After 5 years of waiting, she had finally conceived.

When I was young, the doctors said I would have difficulty conceiving. Never thought much about it as there were plenty more exciting things in life when you are young.

After marriage and one day when I realized I wanted a child, I remembered what Terry Mize said in church to the congregation 7 years ago from that day. He shared on his wife's teaching on Supernatural Childbirth.

The Word on God's blessings and promises never left my heart since day so many years ago and the season came for me to want a baby, God simply reminded me of that.

It was a one hit wonder. Got pregnant with just that one time of no-usage of the C.

Then, the baby didn't have a heartbeat.

Went to the best doctors. They advised to remove the fetus.

I said no.

Two weeks later before the appmt to schedule d&c, the scan showed a very strong baby heartbeat. Jesus is awesome!!!

That is just tip of the iceberg of God's blessings in this area.

Do check out Jackie Mize's Supernatural Childbirth (full book) as well as Nerida Walker materials.

There is too too much to share here.

In short, I am enjoying my two extremely intelligent, intuitive, bubblicious kids, who are superbly in tune with the
Presence of the Most High.

Of course, motherhood brings other challenges, but these kids are really a Blessing from God!!!

Don't look to the stars to know your future; look to the One who flung the stars into their places in the Universe.

If God is FOR you, no one can stand against you.

They who come against you in one way, shall flee seven ways.

Means your enemies, be it evil ploys, people, or evil situations, diagnosis, circumstance, bows and dissipates at the Name of Jesus.

Er.... It doesn't mean I don't have challenges hor....

But you choose to go into battle knowing God is for you, or you don't want His help?

Jesus paid for the Victory at the Cross, so might as well take right?

Whatever you are going through, know that your God loves you and is FOR you.

Hi everyone,

I was graduated from the other thread and had popped my babies in Jan. Tom I'll be bringing 100 eggs to Toa Payoh Shuanglin temple as a return offering to ZhuSheng Niang Niang in the late morning. Pls feel free to take the eggs as a blessing. During my TTC n 2ww, I did take some eggs from there n got BFP.

Hope that all sisters here will get her BFP soon and a healthy one too!

of course! God will give you everything as long as you keep your faith unto him
happy.gif
Prayer is the best wireless connection and communication.. :D

Hi nelle
Wow what awesome testimony!
I intend to buy both books online: supernatural childbearing and God's plan for pregnancy.
Am undergoing my 1st cycle of IVF now.
Am believing God has a bb for He seeks to bless and give us.
Childbearing and fertility r of and from The Lord.
Are u from new cre btw?
happy.gif

Hi Nelle, tks for your sharing, Mummies I also would like to share my experience here.

When we wanted to try for a baby, a visit to the gynae at NUH for pap smear showed that I have a cyst + blocked left fallopian tube.

This lady gynae told me not to hesitate and go straight for IVF. We refused and prayed to God then 8 months later I was pregnant with my first boy. Although the cyst was present it was benign.

Story did not end here, I had bladder infection after C-sect and couldn't pass urine at all, all came out blood, wore catheter and urine home after discharge. Can you imagine my agony then during one-month confinement, gotta cope with emotional + my physical health condition? Prayed to God for healing and comfort and God send Urologist who is very caring and gentle and understanding. Got me out of this infection and Praise God, I am well..

Thank God!

That even when the going is rough and when we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, that we have each other for support, to share joy and pain, and to say in faith, All IS well....

Nelle,

Guess what you have said it so aptly. After I delivered my 2nd boy in December, my mind was full of discipline and what not to do for the children until I was so stress. That's when God blocked my tunnel and refuse to let me see the light cos I was too kiasu and kiasee liao...He wants me to take a step at a time, and take it slow.

I've learnt to surrender the boys to Him so that He could takeover instead of me rushing through all my blueprint plans for the children future.

Praying and asking God for what has already given to us
happy.gif
so why not? God doesn't take away the baby from us, rather is we let the evil one did it unintentionally when we said the wrong things and give life to wrong things
sad.gif

But God won't let ur suffering b in vain
happy.gif
for what the evil took away, He will restored much more and better!
I've read Nerida Walker and yes, it's really awesome and super awesome! Highly recommended, not sure about other beliefs, but for my beliefs, we believe in prayers
happy.gif
) our words r powerful! Now I'm believing God for supernatural pregnancy hehehe, with no labor pain ok lol!

Be encouraged, dear ladies!

God IS FOR you!!!

Remember when Jesus died at the Cross, He rose on the third day.

It IS finished!!!

Let's encourage one another to be in His Rest.

When the going seems tough, let's remind one another that we are not alone!

Back