Do not engage this nanny

Holamummy

Hi mummies to be,

This is to inform all of you out there not to engage this confinement nanny called Ann Tan Sook Hian from KL.

When I did a phone interview with her, she sounded really friendly and easy going. My home only has my Husband, me and baby and I am looking after the baby myself, hence she only needed to prepare meals, clean the kitchen and do simple house chores.

Yet these are the problems she created during her stay:
1. Burnt our stove, pot and spatula. When we confronted her, she said such things will eventually become like this after frequent usage.
2. Opened and used our new herbs without asking us in advance. when we confronted her, she said she will pay us back for the herbs but never did.
3. On rainy days, she doesn't take the initiative to close the windows. Even after instructing her to do so, she doesn't do it. She even lied about it when questioned whether the windows were closed when it was raining.
4. She's always on the phone, talking loudly at times like 7am and 11pm when she clearly knows that my baby and I are sleeping. On some occasions, she was even yelling on the phone, quarrelling with other people. This is very unprofessional.
5. She conveniently forgets to do things. To simply put, she is lazy.

So we initially got her for 40 days and on the 30th day, we decided to tell her to leave. She blew up and insisted that we pay her for 40days. When I brought up all of the above mentioned examples, she had the cheek to give further excuses to each of them. In short, she claims that she did no wrong at all. At one point, she even broke down and told us that her husband cheated on her and she needed the money.

So we finally came to a middle ground by giving her some extra money but not the full 40 days. After that, she insisted that we pay for her bus fare and send her to the bus station. Her requests were never ending.

Mummies, please do not engage this lady as she is a bossy and conniving woman who will say whatever she wants to get her way. She is dishonest and lazy, and I do not wish for another mummy to go through what I did.

Hi Holamummy, thanks for sharing. What was the payment arrangement like? Payment to her supposed to only pay to her when she completes the whole 40 days?
Did you engage her through agency?

Last edited:
Please share: bad confinement lady (arrived on Monday evening and asked her to leave on Thursday 12pm)

Hi mummies I would like to share my bad experience with this cl. I just asked her to leave on 24 nov 16.
Her name is tan lokelian (fb name) or ah buay. Tel 0127765959 from Johor if I'm not wrong is segamat. Initially she said$4000 for twins (requested one helper) but later she called and charged me sgd3300 (only want to take care 1 baby but ok to wash both clothes and bathe them, requested one helper too) but upon arrival in the evening, her work is just instruct my helper to do all her jobs then she went in her room and talk to friends. I have CCTV and voice records as evidence when she tried to argue with me as I confronted her on Thursday. Initially I do not want to release her details but
She tried to make lots of funny things and I know two 2017 mummies will pass her deposit soon. I hope They will read my post here: https://www.facebook.com/doreen.chin.779/posts/10154455037514724
And reconsider her as their cl.
She sent me lots voice message to curse my family and babies after leaving my house until I have to block her. I'm still considering to make police report now.
Thank you!

Make a police report since u have proof.
Hope custom will block from coming..
Don't let all these black hearted people earn in S'pore.....kick them out.Now a days the se people are not well experience CL,just come to earn S $$$$xchange rate 3x ok...

Pls huh mummies don't think that people post on fb or forum are geninue mummy posting ok...If the CL is gd,no need to post de.....Wake up mummies to be...
Enough of their nonsense. ....

Back