DIY - Investigation

I did my own investigation and found out that my wife is having an affair.
With a help of a PI (Private Investigator) to gather more concrete evidence for court.
Take note these techniques and devices said are not to replace actual investigation by the professional PI.It is useful for them to reduce the time spent and increase the probability rate of them hitting on the target.I will share my experience hiring a PI and what are the usual questions they will ask you. For this article will name the wife/husband having an affair as "target"

Consider the following

· Doing these yourself will hurt you soul and character as a person.
· If you are not a calm person I STRONGLY ADVICE not to do it.
· The main reason why I did it is because I do not have enough money to hire the PI to follow them for a long period of time and I just want to have a higher probability on getting the evidence.

Writing in a few parts

1) Signs of Affair

· Started working late hour -My Ex started working long hours and gave excuses that due to the increase job scope she will have to work late at night.
· Changed password for mobile phone - We used to share a common password but she gave reasons due to privacy issues I should not be able to see her mobile phone while she can see mine ( MAN are more prone to adultery she said)
· Using Multiple different chat application - In Singapore mostly people use Whatsapp, but she started using different apps to message her lover, example Line, wechat, Telegram , Facebook messaging feature just to message him, by login in the browser. KAKAO (please take note that this is one of the most powerful hidden chat application because both users need to enter a password that only both of them know to see the messages that are being sent to each other, without this password even if you can enter the Mobile phones you are unable to see the chat message)
· Multiple Mobile phones - I know that her lover had multiple mobile phones he actually gave his wife an excuse one is for work one is for personal.
· Dressing differently - You will notice that a person "in love" will dress differently to look better usually not their normal self when they are going on a date.

2) Confrontation of Affair

By telling her that something is not right with this colleague of hers.I notice the more I say the more she hide, the more different variation of password she change.
My conclusion is never confront the target without any strong evidence because it is between your words and targets and the more the target will hide , which will make it more difficult for you to find evidence in the future.

Last edited:

Devices use

3) Device to use - cctv camera, Voice recorder - GPS -
For my own investigation I use the following device. The following reasons are why I selected these devices
Off the shelf build in cameras

There are a lot of devices that are like hidden cameras hidden in , - light bulbs, clocks, because they are commercially build in and off the shelf.

I am afraid that somehow people will notice that this things when they are too close so therefore I did not try them at all, but then again it also depends on where the device is being deployed and can it be seen easily.

So these are the few questions I ask myself when I select them.
· Can it be seen easily by anyone?
· Power supply - How long can it last if the device is running on battery alone?
· Do I need to have super quality pictures or just clear enough to see what is happening?
· How long can the data store in the device?

CCTV Camera

This is the smallest pinhole camera that I can find overseas. Which can be easily shipped over from TaoBao. Search term ( 小型摄像头 or 针孔摄像头)

Features as follows.

1) Need to have power supply
2) Resolution of camera is not very high end but is clear enough to see the faces of the people
3) There is voice recording but I do not know how to activate it
4) Plug and play somehow the device can auto detect the date and time without any settings involved. Just slot in the SD card and it can start recording with power on.
5) I do not know how to connect it to my mobile phone for alerts and stuff but to me as long as it can record the video I am happy with it.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=524055109416&_ezgpid=20000003496422

Voice Recorder

One of the cheapest and easiest product to get locally in Singapore. I went to mustafa to get one myself selected one with the lowest end because I do not need so many features but I need it to have long lasting battery live. Sony Singapore ICD-PX240 4GB Mono Digital Voice Recorder. Bought a 256 Gig SD card with it.
Does not means you get higher 512 gig of SD card it can record longer , you will have to take note on the battery life span.

Features as follows

1) Set the voice recorder to record the lowest quality as what you want is the "content" of the conversation
2) With 2, AAA energizer battery it latest for me about 5 days 24 hours recording.
3) This also means the more record you have, the more data you will need to analyse. (analysing data on later part)

GPS - Tracker

I have thought of planting a GPS device in Target bag or usually carried out items. But I also notice the same problem with those commercial GPS tracker. They can be seen easily, Battery life (how am I going to change the battery). I have tried getting one from China but apparently it does not work. Later I found out that all GPS from Taobao will not be able to work overseas. Getting it over to be use in Singapore you might need to have a China sim card number. I gave up trying on it.

Commercial in build car GPS system. Unless target drives a car and you hold the ownership of the car deploying this type of device is expensive and you will need to send the car to a workshop to have in in build.

Using of Trojan or tools to be installed in Mobile phones or computer of target.

From my understanding is that by installing any software to track your target mobile phone or computer is illegal (if target own's the device)
It is illegal as it can be charged under the "Computer Misuse Act”. If you own the device and you give it to the person it is not illegal. But if the device is not yours and you install the software it is illegal. - Not sure any Law experts can verify.

But what I want to say is please do not get into trouble for doing illegal stuff.

Last edited:
4) Deployment of Device

To deploy the devices listed above. Please take into consideration of the following

1) Can it be seen by you or other people (especially height) if target is taller?
2) Power supply when can I get constant power supply (for the camera) how do I change the battery when it is flat?
3) Will target come and do house work and clean this area and found out of the device?
4) Objective what is it you want to get?
· Voice recording of conversation when you are not at home they call each other over the phone? - to get rough idea on target's dating location
· Video recording of target coming to premises as "guest"?

The following are the deployment ideas of devices planted so to give you a rough idea.

1) New Flats distribution box
Advantages
· With constant power supply and network cable for the internet.
· The camera head can be hidden at the top of the distribution box and will not be seen clearly
· Usually no one will touch it unless there is a power trip

Disadvantages
· Bellow the distribution box is the shoe rack, probability of target opening the wrong door to see the device

i-jTtPfSq-L.jpg

2) New Flats – Store room (Air Hole)

Advantages
· Nobody will go look at the Air Hole in the store room.
· Easily conceal and deploy

Disadvantages
· Harder to deploy as you will need to climb up.
· How to have power supply and network at that area will be an issue.

bomb%20shelter%20hdbbbb.jpg

3) Cabinet – drawer
There is a gap there is usually a gap in between the gaps of the drawer and the back end of the drawer. See picture (left hand side of the picture the gap in-between the back of the drawer and cabinet)

bg1.png

Advantages
· Unable to be seen in sight
Disadvantages
· Harder to change or take out when battery is flat or when need to retrieve the data.
· No power supply slot and network.

Black Tape – Use black tape that are not those shiny black tape but those that are dull in colour .To cover lights that are emitting light. Use to cover the whole device to make it black in colour to hide it easily or to just stick it on the wall.

Last edited:
5) Reading data from Device

Video CCTV - video format
must usually skim trough the video will take alot of effort to see all the video. Best advice is to only skip to the part whereby you know target is around.

Voice Recorder - Mp3 format
Go to Cnet central and download a MP3 Editior that is usually free.
When you open the file you will be able to see a "wave length file"
Only way to scan it quickly is to shift your player where there is a "spike" and listen to the sound. From there you can listen to what are the conversations being made or what are the "noise" made when target is around.

6) Finding a PI and questions usually asked

I have actually went to look for PI's from different company. The initial one was trying to hard sell me telling me that my marriage is gone and only he can help me etc etc... which I also don't find it comfortable working with.

The Second PI was more professional asking me the following questions before giving me a price.

1) What are the timing that you want your target to be followed?
- Example non working hours - working hours assumed will be at office at work
- non working hours - 6 pm : 11: 00 pm

2) How many days do you want?
- I took a 3 days package but I got what I need on the second day.

3) What are the days ?
- Mon - Friday? , - usually people have dates on Friday. People have habits so you will also notice on certain particular days whereby target will be back home late.

4) What does the target usually wear?
- Uniform , office wear , does target goes to gym after work (therefore having chance to change cloths ?)
- Watches , Hair style, ring , ear rings?
- anything unusual you will know that that there will be a date on that day itself

5) Does target drive a car?
- having a car is easier because just need to follow the car, public transport like MRT , BUS, Taxi , GRAB is really harder to follow.

7) Execution of Plan

with the above information that you have gathered you should be able to put out a plan based on

1 ) Target likes to go out on which day.
2) Time that target usually will come back.
3) Special occasions to take note example - target's birthday or holidays.

You should be able to reduce the number of days used by the PI.
Please take note that you should also negotiate with the PI if there can be refunds if the number of days are reduce.

Last edited:
Actual day - what will you be expecting

Take note of the following on the target

1) What is type of cloths
2) What color?
3) Specs / contact lens
4) Long Hair, Short Hair , Tied hair / hair clip,
5) Watch / bangle / ear rings / ring
6) Carrying what type of bag

What the PI will do on the actual day

With current technology you will actually expect that following a target the PI will maybe give you live surveillance, like what’s app you the picture that they are following the target. The PI might choose not to do such things as they might compromise their position or they might lose the target.

They usually will give you a report at the end of the day on their surveillance.

Example of PI following scenario

First Day

The First day the PI lost the target. Why he lost the target was because the target was told that the target will take public transport like Bus, Mrt they lost the target when they switch their transport to Taxi. The Target was waiting at a bus stop. But was later pick up by a taxi with Target’s lover inside.

The only way I can console myself was that the PI now have recognized the target and can follow the target easily.

Second Day

Target being followed with 2 teams one on foot and another on transport. When target switch transport from bus to mrt to taxi different teams follow. Target went to hotel and check in and came out one hour later. Objective is met! No extra days needed!

If target have a Car it is easier to follow!

PI called to asked if you want to catch target in action

Consider the following

· Do you have enough time to reach from A to B to catch them?
· You do not know the hotel room number but only can catch them coming out of the hotel will it help?
· What will you do?
· What can you do?

Having the Evidence

Can you use this evidence to save your marriage?
Calm yourself down and think what do you want to do?

Last edited:
Finding if target's other half is married

If you are able to get the Target's Full NIRC Name and Birth Day.
You will be able to search in Singapore Registry of Marriage if target's lover is married or not.

With this info you will be able to find the lover's partner's name.

Last edited:
I have seen the number of views increased from 0 to 300 views.
I hope these information that I provide is useful to people whom were in the same situation as me.

I hope this Post can be kept up for people who needs it
This will be my last update if anyone of you feel that the post is useful
Please keep this post at the first page by replying

My new life have already started.
I wish you who is reading this and find this useful all the best!

Last edited:

Back