Dilemma

Auntie K

Happily married for a year. Been trying for a baby since last September. My menstrual cycles were 13 Sep, 17 Oct, 19 Nov, 19 Dec and supposedly to come again on 19 Jan . It's now 7 days overdue.

Technically, i should have gone to the pharmacy to grab a pregnancy kit (as i thought my period was rather regular). However, my father-in-law (FIL) has just passed away 5 days ago. I made a decision back then not to find out if i am pregnant as my husband is the eldest son and i will naturally be required to help out during the wake. I had also attended most of the rituals thinking that "Ignorance is Bliss - Bu Zhi Zhe Wu Zui". The timing is just not right (in my opinion) - negative emotions / blame may set in if the pregnancy goes wrong along the way.

We cremated my FIL yesterday and brought his ashes to the Columbarium this morning. The entire praying ceremony will complete in early March (after 49-days). I was told not to wear any bright coloured clothings for 100 days. My husband is not in the mood of knowing the results at the moment. Though anxious, i am also worried that knowledge of my pregnancy will affect the remaining praying sessions. At the same time, if i am not diagnosed as pregnant, i hope to seek professional gynae to regulate my menstural cycle soonest possible.

What will you do if you were me? Any kind advice? Tks in advance!

Back