Desperately seeking help for my youngest daughter

Huili82

Hi everyone, I am desperately seeking help for my youngest daughter age 11. Her teacher spoke to me regarding her school work and her learning in school, she is primary 5 this year but her teacher told me that her standard is not even primary one standard. She can read English but can't really read chinese. She didn't attend school in primary 1 due to some family matters and only started school from primary 2. Initally when she started school she didn't know how to write and read, i taught her at home and she is really struggling, we asked the school principal if she could repeat primary 1 but was told that she is not able to let her repeat primary 1. Now at primary 5, she is doing primary 1 assessment book and learning primary 1 chinese. I am a single mother of 4 children with my youngest one age 2. I desperately want to seek a tutor for her to give her intensive tution but i could not afford the rates for private tutor, i would like to check if there is anyone willing to teach my girl but at a cheaper rate. I am currently on comcare and not working due to family situation. This daughter of mine is depressed, her first appointment with the physiologist is on 27th October. She keeps everything to herself and her friends have been calling her dumb. She is surrounded by people who can study in school and she is feeling very useless because when she is been bullied in school, she does not know how to protect herself and fight back. I am very very worry about her as she will be taking her PSLE next year. I am to blame for her been like this. I am at my wit end i don't know what to do anymore.

Back