Delivery at KKH 2016

Recent 2 visits I went during weekday instead of weekend, total payment were both $101 without medicine(my vitamin can last me quite some time).. I had checked with the nurse, as long as after office hour 5pm or sat, it will be extra $40 before gst.. I try my best to go for weekday whenever I can since there are many more apt to go.. As for waiting time, no diff..

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

I'm assuming you are still seeing dr han? Does he have weekday before 5 pm clinic? On which day is that? TIA!

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

I'm assuming you are still seeing dr han? Does he have weekday before 5 pm clinic? On which day is that? TIA!

Charlottejulie, recently the nurse just inform that he no longer accept patient during weekday office hours for pregnancy case. Therefore only left TPS.

They provide panties, pad, tissue paper, diapers, hospital gown. U need tooth paste n brush, face wash, charger, ic. U will bring home unfinish diapers, pad, panties, tissue paper, free gifts from various sponsors
I delivered in 2013. No sure whether got changes. I need pack 1set of baby home clothes. Need to change them then go home.

Any mummies go thru natural delivery at KKH with epidural b4? I gave birth in 2014 under natural with epidural. For the last hr when about to push, the midwife actually switched off the epidural and didn't on it till baby was out. I mean, what is the use of opting for epidural when I had to experience the pain (I opt for it because I couldn't take the pain anymore)? My gynea later told me it was KKH protocol but I could request not to off it but nobody told me that during delivery! My friends who delivered in other hosp told me theirs did not off it, the epidural was on thru out the whole delivery process and the midwife would monitor their contractions and asked them to push according to the contractions. I was so angry I had to suffer the pain!

What I heard from my friend who opted for Natural with epidural is that if you keep the epi on during the push, you may not have the strength to push the baby out. Thus they will switch off and till baby is out, they'll turn back on before they start stitching. But of course they should have told you even before going into the ward.

What I heard from my friend who opted for Natural with epidural is that if you keep the epi on during the push, you may not have the strength to push the baby out. Thus they will switch off and till baby is out, they'll turn back on before they start stitching. But of course they should have told you even before going into the ward.
As that was my first preg, I was not told on this. I felt so cheated! If other hosp could allow the epi to b on thru out the whole delivery process, I dun see why KKH can't. Even when the midwives saw that I already got no strength to push, already pain die me, and even requested for vacuum or forcep, they didn't even ask if I wan the epi to be on again. Was already disappointed on this. For this 2nd preg, when I went for my first consultation, I asked my gynae on this and told him straight that if epi had to be off during pushing stage, I will change hosp now. He told me I could request for the epi to be on thru out!

Some info for mummies here. My friend paid 1.9k cash deposit during admission to kkh. Hers is c-sec, chose b1 ward and her gynae, Dr Han performed the surgery. She just received her final bill and after all medisave deduction, she has a refund of 800+. So her total cash outlay is slightly less than 1.1k.

Some info for mummies here. My friend paid 1.9k cash deposit during admission to kkh. Hers is c-sec, chose b1 ward and her gynae, Dr Han performed the surgery. She just received her final bill and after all medisave deduction, she has a refund of 800+. So her total cash outlay is slightly less than 1.1k.
I saw from FB page, KKH increase their pricing since mid of Jan, apprx $400 jump. Is it true?

kkh has doc fee but it is separated and depend on the senior level of your doctor. In 2012, my gynea is consultant and the fee is 1000.

From what i understood, kkh does not have separate doc fee. It is supposedly included in the package, depending on class. i suppose if you go for private vs subsidized, the package price for the former is also more ex? Which partly accounts for the doc's seniority, other than ward class?

I saw my cousin's bill breakdown, no mention of doctor's fee also.

Anyone can verify?

From what i understood, kkh does not have separate doc fee. It is supposedly included in the package, depending on class. i suppose if you go for private vs subsidized, the package price for the former is also more ex? Which partly accounts for the doc's seniority, other than ward class?

I saw my cousin's bill breakdown, no mention of doctor's fee also.

Anyone can verify?
Yes no doc fees for kkh. Only that if u choose ur gynae to deliver for u, u have to choose A/b1 class wards.

Anyone can share KKH experience under subsidy?

Hi thanku82, I went polyclinic to get referral letter and my first KKH appointment was 4 weeks later. Polyclinic consultation costs S$11.8.

First appointment was during my 11 weeks. For Gynae Consultation, Scan & Urine Labstix (I think to test protein and sugar level), cost is S$75. We also did blood test to test Thalassemia and Down Syndrome (Oscar test), costs S$163.50. The following week, we did the Scan for Oscar test, paid the remaining costs of S$86.5.

Under subsidized, GST is absorbed by government. Also, you only pay around 50% of the cost.

On waiting time, I find it reasonable, during weekday morning, 10-15 mins wait for the urine test, then 30-45 mins wait for consultation, then around 10-15 mins wait for payment and to schedule next appointment (normally every 4 weeks).

Let me know if you want any other details =)

Hi thanku82, I went polyclinic to get referral letter and my first KKH appointment was 4 weeks later. Polyclinic consultation costs S$11.8.

First appointment was during my 11 weeks. For Gynae Consultation, Scan & Urine Labstix (I think to test protein and sugar level), cost is S$75. We also did blood test to test Thalassemia and Down Syndrome (Oscar test), costs S$163.50. The following week, we did the Scan for Oscar test, paid the remaining costs of S$86.5.

Under subsidized, GST is absorbed by government. Also, you only pay around 50% of the cost.

On waiting time, I find it reasonable, during weekday morning, 10-15 mins wait for the urine test, then 30-45 mins wait for consultation, then around 10-15 mins wait for payment and to schedule next appointment (normally every 4 weeks).

Let me know if you want any other details =)

Thanks a lot mummy, so happy to see your reply.

QUOTE="thanku82, post: 8263217, member: 150303"]Thanks a lot mummy, so happy to see your reply.[/QUOTE]
I went to polyclinic to get refererrel too, usually it takes how long for them to give u the appointment?

QUOTE="thanku82, post: 8263217, member: 150303"]Thanks a lot mummy, so happy to see your reply.
I went to polyclinic to get refererrel too, usually it takes how long for them to give u the appointment?[/QUOTE]

They give me on the same day.

I went to polyclinic to get refererrel too, usually it takes how long for them to give u the appointment?

They give me on the same day.[/QUOTE]
I see.. Jus gotten my appointment date. Jus wanna ask whether if u go kkh check up can request for mc from them?

They give me on the same day.
I see.. Jus gotten my appointment date. Jus wanna ask whether if u go kkh check up can request for mc from them?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you need to request as sometimes they may forget to offer you. Also, KKH told me they only give whole day MC, even though your appointment is only in the morning.

I see.. Jus gotten my appointment date. Jus wanna ask whether if u go kkh check up can request for mc from them?
Yes, you need to request as sometimes they may forget to offer you. Also, KKH told me they only give whole day MC, even though your appointment is only in the morning.[/QUOTE]
That's great. Thanks. Looking forward for my first appt on 17 Feb :)

my first consultation with dr han at tps bill was $264 (consultation, routine test and some tablets).. is that standard price? can anyone share how their bills like for subsequent visit at tps?

i also see kkh delivery charges need to put deposit of abt 3k if A1 ward. is that only the stay in charges? what about the baby bill and mummy's bill as per what i read here...abit confusing..

Hi, I went for my detailed scan last month. After subsidy, I paid S$34 for repeat consultation, S$10 for the urine test, S$60.5 for the detailed scan.
@Onigiri88 thanks for your reply! which clinic did you went? I used to go clinic C but last visit (routine check) was told to go clinic A. No payment was done, they was will mail it to me. Havent receive it till now, but when I go to the pharmacy was given multivits and fish oil, it cost me 40++ I don't know if there is suppose to be no subsidy for this two medication.

Hi @Deceptionist for the detailed scan, I went to ADC. The gynae consultation was at Clinic C. My multivitamin costs S$13.3 was not prescribed with fish oil so not sure on the cost. From which week u start taking fish oil?

Hi @Deceptionist for the detailed scan, I went to ADC. The gynae consultation was at Clinic C. My multivitamin costs S$13.3 was not prescribed with fish oil so not sure on the cost. From which week u start taking fish oil?

Then I suppose they did not gave me the subsidy rate, OMG (I'm afraid they might charge me at normal rate) Doc gave me both med during my 16th week. Currently 18th week, how about you?

Ic, strange mine is under subsidized all the way. You should be able to check with them if anything changes. I am in week 24 only taking multivit since week 13 haha. U went for detailed scan alr? I went in week 20.

Ic, strange mine is under subsidized all the way. You should be able to check with them if anything changes. I am in week 24 only taking multivit since week 13 haha. U went for detailed scan alr? I went in week 20.
My detailed scan is arrange on coming 4th March (20weeks), I think I accidentally threw my medication receipt. Don't know if they can reprint it out. Then will have to check if my consultation is also charged at normal rate. You can start fish oil now, it's for baby's brain development.

I see. Thanks. Just nice I am having gynae appointment later. Will check with him on the fish oil.

Anyway just curious, if they sent u the bill, how u make the payment? Cheque or axs? (Noob here haha)

I see. Thanks. Just nice I am having gynae appointment later. Will check with him on the fish oil.

Anyway just curious, if they sent u the bill, how u make the payment? Cheque or axs? (Noob here haha)

Narh, I'm the noob too because it's my first time hearing it as well. As told by the nurse I can make the payment via axs so I can skip one queue. You're in the blue or pink team?

I see. I hope for natural but I think on the day will play by ear. Also depends on baby gal. Last checkup doctor says her position is breached but still got time for her to be in heads down position. If breech (legs down), can't go natural I think

my first consultation with dr han at tps bill was $264 (consultation, routine test and some tablets).. is that standard price? can anyone share how their bills like for subsequent visit at tps?

i also see kkh delivery charges need to put deposit of abt 3k if A1 ward. is that only the stay in charges? what about the baby bill and mummy's bill as per what i read here...abit confusing..
Hi qitt123, I PM you.
Since I am under Dr Han too, maybe can give you some information that you need.

For the deposit of 3K plus should be toward total bill base on average (50th percentile), meaning there might be slight refund or payment (should be less than a k unless complication).
So this part you don't worry too much.
Your first bill does it include blood test? ($60~$80, cant remember)

Hello parents out there ,

is there anyone who got twins and delivery in KKH? what is the final bill for normal delivery or C-sec?

Hi all Mummies n MTB,
If lets say, I choose the gyne from TPS then *touchwood* i got complication in giving birth or my baby need extra care, will the bills be rocket high?? Like more than $10k after medisave with deduction?? Say I choose either 1bedded or 4bedded ward.
I'm currently Wif TMC but scare of the bill size if me or baby got complication. As I'm have high blood pressure and I'm on the high risk preg age.
Pls enlighten me.
Thank you.

You in which week? Maybe you call kk to check which gynea still available. If let say you want transfer to kkh you want to choose private or subsidised?

Hi all Mummies n MTB,
If lets say, I choose the gyne from TPS then *touchwood* i got complication in giving birth or my baby need extra care, will the bills be rocket high?? Like more than $10k after medisave with deduction?? Say I choose either 1bedded or 4bedded ward.
I'm currently Wif TMC but scare of the bill size if me or baby got complication. As I'm have high blood pressure and I'm on the high risk preg age.
Pls enlighten me.
Thank you.

I heard of cases of complication that normal private hospital cannot handle, they will send the mum to kkh maybe during delivery.
So end up for those cases, need to foot both hospital bill.
It also applied to preterm baby, some private will send mum to kkh when it happened.

Back